+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-accompanying spouse for TRV

RinaM

Nov 3, 2015
Hi Friends

Can anyone please guide for below queries ?
I am a separated (for 5 years and more) woman living with two children in Mumbai, India. I have no legal documents of separation. I am planning to visit my sister for a family function in Canada around next year. My spouse will not be accompanying me to Canada. I want to know - What documents are required for TRV application for non-accompanying spouse? Is PCC required for non-accompanying spouse for TRV?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PCC is not required for non accompany spouse for TRV. Do you intend bring your children during your trip? How long you intend to stay? What do you for living? Do you have any assets? Would your sister send you an invitation letter?

RinaM

Nov 3, 2015
Hi streaky
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I intend to travelling to Camada with my children aged 16 and 12. I plan to stay for 2 months at my sister's place. I am working remotely as an Accounts Payable Administrator with a company in Haryana (another state than my residence state).
I have some FDs and some savings in mutual funds. I do not have my own house or any property. My sister will be sending me an invitation letter. She will also be sponsoring my stay and other expenses while in Canada.
Please assist me for the list of documents I would require for my spouse. I plan to mention married in my TRV application. I have my spouse's national ID copy. He stays in another state (Kerala). We are not in good terms with each other. I am aware I would require consent letter for my minor children from him (I believe only while travelling and
not while TRV application). Would I require anything else ?
Your guidance will be of great help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi streaky
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I intend to travelling to Camada with my children aged 16 and 12. I plan to stay for 2 months at my sister's place. I am working remotely as an Accounts Payable Administrator with a company in Haryana (another state than my residence state).
I have some FDs and some savings in mutual funds. I do not have my own house or any property. My sister will be sending me an invitation letter. She will also be sponsoring my stay and other expenses while in Canada.
Please assist me for the list of documents I would require for my spouse. I plan to mention married in my TRV application. I have my spouse's national ID copy. He stays in another state (Kerala). We are not in good terms with each other. I am aware I would require consent letter for my minor children from him (I believe only while travelling and
not while TRV application). Would I require anything else ?
Your guidance will be of great help.
You should clarify that you are separated in your application. You will need to provide proof of your savings, property ownership (not in your case), other ties to India like proof of employment and that you have scheduled leave. If you indicate you are married yet you have no proof of his assets or joint assets it will be quite confusing. Although your sister can pay your expenses, to get approved you usually need to show that you have the funds to support your travels as well as proof that you will be returning home. All the information is available with the application.

RinaM

Nov 3, 2015
Hi @canuck78

Please correct me if I am wrong. If I mention separated in my application, IRCC will ask me for separation documents (I don't have any) and full custody of my two children (Since I'm not legally divorced. I don't have any documents to prove the full custody of my children. Though they are living with me and I am taking the complete responsibilities of them. My husband is not providing anything to us). Neither does he have any assets or joint assets with me. I have marriage certificate to prove I am married.

Yes, I can provide the FDs and mutual funds (all in my name) as a proof to support myself and my children while in Canada.
I have my employment contract and can get a letter from my employer for leave.

My worry is - Will IRCC ask for letter of consent from my husband for us travelling to Canada without him? Will I have to submit his ID proof along with my application?