+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying depends

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and hope I can get some advice. I am applying for inland PR through family class: spouse sponsor. Wife Canadian and I am American.
My question is about my son who is 16 years old and he is on my application. I don’t have custody of him, his mother has sole custody. We have no court order paper work stating she has sole custody. My son is refusing to get his medical done and his mom is not talked or answering emails I sent her about him getting his medical. I never had custody of my son.

I was wondering if my son refuses to do his medical. Will my application for PR be rejected? Question 2). Is there another alternative to address his refusal to get his medical and not worry about my application being rejected?

If anyone has has went though this before or has suggestions or can give me some advise. I would really appreciate your input.

Thank you

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
your son mom can write a letter that your son is not interested in coming to canada it has to be nortazied by a notary republic it means you can never sponsor him to come to canada

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Ok, what is she refuse to write a letter or even responds to my emails about him getting his medical. Is there any other options I can do or will they reject my application?

Thank you very much for your help!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Ok, what is she refuse to write a letter or even responds to my emails about him getting his medical. Is there any other options I can do or will they reject my application?

Thank you very much for your help!
You explain the situation and write a nortatized letters to cic or get a lawyer to serve her papers about writing a letter

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Thanks you for the information. I am sure she will not respon even to a lawyer. I pretty sure I will have to write a letter cic. Do you think they will Reject my application because of this situation. Do you know anyone who has experienced this situation before?

Thank you for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks you for the information. I am sure she will not respon even to a lawyer. I pretty sure I will have to write a letter cic. Do you think they will Reject my application because of this situation. Do you know anyone who has experienced this situation before?

Thank you for your help!
This is a common enough situation. You don't need to have a lawyer serve her with papers. You need to document your efforts to have the medical done and her refusals, along with his if you have contact with him. You need to get a notarized statement declaring that you understand that your child will be forever excluded from the Family Class and that you will never be able to sponsor him.

IRCC doesn't like excluding dependent children, so your app may be delayed, but it will not be rejected for this.

Reactions: carolbb23

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
We went through with no hassle or delays after we sent in a notarized declaration in regards to my husbands 3 kids. Just follow what Canuck said and good luck!

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
I was thinking, what documentation works best to show I’m trying to get a hold of my son mom. Emails, text, or can I just down the times I called and left messages. Right now my son or his mom are not even answering or acknowledging my communication I have sent. Chances are they are not going to answer me at all about his medical.

What is the best practice I should follow? Thanks everyone who have offered their help with my situation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was thinking, what documentation works best to show I’m trying to get a hold of my son mom. Emails, text, or can I just down the times I called and left messages. Right now my son or his mom are not even answering or acknowledging my communication I have sent. Chances are they are not going to answer me at all about his medical.

What is the best practice I should follow? Thanks everyone who have offered their help with my situation.
Emails and texts, as the calls don't actually prove anything. If you are in contact with any of her family, you could try going through them as well.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

Just say that if you write a letter to say your not doing the medical and you are not interested

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

thank you for your help in my situation. I have a immigration consultant helping me with my application. I just heard from her this morning and she said that i need to have court papers (i.e custody papers) or my application can be refused. she also said if my son and his mother refuse to get the medical i will have a long drawn out process and still get my application refused.

Right now my son and his mom are refusing to talk to me or answer any of my emails in regards to the medical getting done. If anyone can help me with some more direction and what my options please let me know. I am starting to get worried after 14 months of doing the paper work and waiting.

thank you in advance for all your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

thank you for your help in my situation. I have a immigration consultant helping me with my application. I just heard from her this morning and she said that i need to have court papers (i.e custody papers) or my application can be refused. she also said if my son and his mother refuse to get the medical i will have a long drawn out process and still get my application refused.

Right now my son and his mom are refusing to talk to me or answer any of my emails in regards to the medical getting done. If anyone can help me with some more direction and what my options please let me know. I am starting to get worried after 14 months of doing the paper work and waiting.

Ignore the consultant. Your app won't be refused. IRCC may push further to see you have done everything to have the child examined but at the end of the day, if you formally acknowledge that you understand you will never be able to sponsor your child, IRCC will accept that.

Reactions: carolbb23

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Hi everyone,

Your consultant is wrong.

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Thanks for the information. She is telling me it is up to the immigration officer looking at my application. Geez