+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying dependent

Veevee87

Jun 24, 2019
Hi. I am the primary applicant for SINP and my husband is divorced and has a 10yr old child from previous marriage. He is not in contact with ex wife or child since divorce and has not seen the child since age of 2. What all documents will be needed to exclude the child from this application? I read that some medical will be needed. Is that compulsory? What kind of medical is that and what if they refuse to cooperate with these, as they most probably will...

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Does the child live with you? Is the child still a legal responsibility of your husband? If no, he is not a dependant of you or your husband and does not need to be part of your application processl.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Does the child live with you? Is the child still a legal responsibility of your husband? If no, he is not a dependant of you or your husband and does not need to be part of your application processl.
This is wrong. It doesn't matter if the child lives with or is in the custody of the other parent. Children remain dependents unless a court actually legally severs the parent-child relationship. This is generally only done in extreme cases or to facilitate adoption of the child.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi. I am the primary applicant for SINP and my husband is divorced and has a 10yr old child from previous marriage. He is not in contact with ex wife or child since divorce and has not seen the child since age of 2. What all documents will be needed to exclude the child from this application? I read that some medical will be needed. Is that compulsory? What kind of medical is that and what if they refuse to cooperate with these, as they most probably will...
You need to declare the child and show proof that you have tried to have the child's medical done. If it can't be done, your husband will need a notarized statement confirming that he understands that the child will be forever excluded from the family class and not be able to be sponsored.

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
25-09-2020 (Non-Scheduled, over the phone)
Hi,

I recently received Medical requests for my spouse. She has a son who is in sole custody of his father. We submitted self declaration and attached the custody papers to exclude him from the application. However we still got his medical request. Do we need to send the declaration and related documents again, if so then how to send them. His father took him to another country and there is no contact whatsoever since few years and there is no chance to get his medical done. What else can be added as supporting documents. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I recently received Medical requests for my spouse. She has a son who is in sole custody of his father. We submitted self declaration and attached the custody papers to exclude him from the application. However we still got his medical request. Do we need to send the declaration and related documents again, if so then how to send them. His father took him to another country and there is no contact whatsoever since few years and there is no chance to get his medical done. What else can be added as supporting documents. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Yes, submit the proofs again.

Veevee87

Jun 24, 2019
Hi,

Thanks and Regards
Hi what is the status of your application?

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
Hi what is the status of your application?
Hey Sorry for replying late, i was successful in removing the non accompanying dependent from the application. After re-sending all the required documents (correspondence sent to child's father requesting to allow access to the kid for medicals, separation agreement papers, etc..) they send us an affidavit to sign that declares that we can never sponsor the Child again.. Just yesterday i received DM. Let me know if you need any further help on this.

Veevee87

Jun 24, 2019
Hey Sorry for replying late, i was successful in removing the non accompanying dependent from the application. After re-sending all the required documents (correspondence sent to child's father requesting to allow access to the kid for medicals, separation agreement papers, etc..) they send us an affidavit to sign that declares that we can never sponsor the Child again.. Just yesterday i received DM. Let me know if you need any further help on this.
Hi
Thanks for the reply. Could you let the know the timeline of ur application.. We submitted our application in 2019 december.. No request received yet for medicals.. only divorce paper was requested in July 2020 which we sent... Nothing else yet and still waiting... We submitted the affidavit and all documents with the initial application itself..

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
Hi
Thanks for the reply. Could you let the know the timeline of ur application.. We submitted our application in 2019 december.. No request received yet for medicals.. only divorce paper was requested in July 2020 which we sent... Nothing else yet and still waiting... We submitted the affidavit and all documents with the initial application itself..
Submitted in August 2019, got medical request in October 2019 for both spouse & non-accompanying dependent (NAD), medical for spouse done and passed in October but it never showed as passed in GCKey or ECAS (it still said awaiting Medical results). Wrote a letter to them in Nov2019 saying that the medical cant be done for NAD and provided supporting documents. Heard back from them in Feb 2020, saying that they need further supporting documents (Submitted all the previously sent documents along with latest correspondence send to child's father, we kept on sending Emails, physical mails, registered post to child's father and that came handy), after a long pause got an affidavit from New Delhi Visa office in Sep2020 to be signed and send it back to them. Next day the Medicals were shown as passed. Received Pre Arrivals around the same time. In October got DM & PPR, however we needed to add new born baby so it took another 5 months and the application again went to In process status. Just yesterday received DM, Waiting for PPR now...Long Journey,,,,uhhhhh...

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
hi
can i pm you? im on the same boat and need your help.
thank you

Veevee87

Jun 24, 2019
Submitted in August 2019, got medical request in October 2019 for both spouse & non-accompanying dependent (NAD), medical for spouse done and passed in October but it never showed as passed in GCKey or ECAS (it still said awaiting Medical results). Wrote a letter to them in Nov2019 saying that the medical cant be done for NAD and provided supporting documents. Heard back from them in Feb 2020, saying that they need further supporting documents (Submitted all the previously sent documents along with latest correspondence send to child's father, we kept on sending Emails, physical mails, registered post to child's father and that came handy), after a long pause got an affidavit from New Delhi Visa office in Sep2020 to be signed and send it back to them. Next day the Medicals were shown as passed. Received Pre Arrivals around the same time. In October got DM & PPR, however we needed to add new born baby so it took another 5 months and the application again went to In process status. Just yesterday received DM, Waiting for PPR now...Long Journey,,,,uhhhhh...
Hi can i have ur contact details to discuss? Got some requests and need to Submit in few weeks... Pls help