+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nominee + Closed Work Permit. Can I change positions?

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
Hello,

Im hoping someone can help me out. Im a Manitoba provincial nominee holder awaiting for AOR.

I have a closed work permit specific to the job and employer that I put down on nomination application. There's a job position with the same company that I'm very interested and the hiring manager has asked me to apply to.

My question is, Can I change positions? what does my employer and I need to do to update my work permit? will this affect my nomination negatively?

I tried looking into CIC website on the change conditions page but its not very clear if I can change positions or not.

Thanks!

dennyflex

Sep 28, 2012
Dchezmo said:
Hello,

Im hoping someone can help me out. Im a Manitoba provincial nominee holder awaiting for AOR.

I have a closed work permit specific to the job and employer that I put down on nomination application. There's a job position with the same company that I'm very interested and the hiring manager has asked me to apply to.

My question is, Can I change positions? what does my employer and I need to do to update my work permit? will this affect my nomination negatively?

I tried looking into CIC website on the change conditions page but its not very clear if I can change positions or not.

Thanks!
I think you should contact pnp or cic concerning the situation. i don't think it should be a problem as long as it is with the same employer. hope it helps.

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2016, xPresspost activated 16th.
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
I guess that won't matter. If you were cic, you will always want to receive those who are always eligible to work in terms of health, capability and so on. so if you are working, they have no reason to decline your application whomever you are working for. that's just my own understanding, not 100% correct.

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
I talked to CIC and they said I'd have to apply for a new work permit. So basically I'd need my employer to pay the LMO exemption fee and filled out all the forms all over again.

The worst thing is that I'd have to wait the 130 days to receive a new Work Permit so even if I convice my employer to pay the fee and submit the documents again, I wouldnt be able to start the new position until I receive my new work permit.

I dont think my employer would be willing to wait the 130 days to fill out the position.

I was thinking in going to the border and applying there for a new visa. Im just scared theyll cancel the visa that I have right now or something bad like that.

Anyone has any suggestions or has been in a situation similar?

cali

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
syndney,Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 6th,2015
Nomination.....
June 12,2015
AOR Received.
oct 2,2015
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
updated in april
Dchezmo said:
I talked to CIC and they said I'd have to apply for a new work permit. So basically I'd need my employer to pay the LMO exemption fee and filled out all the forms all over again.

The worst thing is that I'd have to wait the 130 days to receive a new Work Permit so even if I convice my employer to pay the fee and submit the documents again, I wouldnt be able to start the new position until I receive my new work permit.

I dont think my employer would be willing to wait the 130 days to fill out the position.

I was thinking in going to the border and applying there for a new visa. Im just scared theyll cancel the visa that I have right now or something bad like that.

Anyone has any suggestions or has been in a situation similar?

hey,
iam in same position ,wt did u finally do?
thanks
cali

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
Hello,

I havent really found out anything. Nomination office wants to see a job offer before they give me a new nomination and support letter. Still no clue if I can go to the border or not.

I told my employer that I'd need a written job offer and the $230 fee they would need to pay for the application. So Im just waiting for them to make a decision.

Have you found out anything else?

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Dchezmo said:
Hello,

I havent really found out anything. Nomination office wants to see a job offer before they give me a new nomination and support letter. Still no clue if I can go to the border or not.

I told my employer that I'd need a written job offer and the $230 fee they would need to pay for the application. So Im just waiting for them to make a decision.

Hi

You need to inform mpnp office and get supporting letter from them and apply new work permit you can not start new work until you get new work permit as you told you have closed work permit so it means it is good for that employer not for others.

To apply through at border I am not sure but some people has applied I heard about that but what is the procedure I am not sure about it. you need to get information from mpnp office.

Thanks

Best of Luck.

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
Dchezmo said:
Hello,

hey, I think you'd better discuss with border office who usually know if they can issue you a permit. If you still have a valid VISA with your written offer letter, it would be easier. otherwise you have to apply for a temporary VISA and use that to get entry to Canada. because it's a new permit, I believe you can get the permit in the border with the written offer letter.

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
yaanlpc said:
hey, I think you'd better discuss with border office who usually know if they can issue you a permit. If you still have a valid VISA with your written offer letter, it would be easier. otherwise you have to apply for a temporary VISA and use that to get entry to Canada. because it's a new permit, I believe you can get the permit in the border with the written offer letter.
Hi, Thanks for the tips!
I just looked for Border Information Service (BIS) number online. Gonna call them first thing in the morning and see if they can issue me a Work Permit.

I do have a valid Work Permit and Valid Temporary Resident Visa (it was just issued recently). I was offered a different job with the same employer. All I'm looking to do is to change the conditions of my WP as it specifies my previous position.

I haven't started the new position yet as I was told by CIC that I need to get the new WP first. I just dont want to wait the 4+ months that takes to get a new work permit through CIC so I thought I could try get a WP right at the border.

I've read about people getting a BOWP at the border but not about changing the conditions of the WP.

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
Dchezmo said:
Hi, Thanks for the tips!
I just looked for Border Information Service (BIS) number online. Gonna call them first thing in the morning and see if they can issue me a Work Permit.

I do have a valid Work Permit and Valid Temporary Resident Visa (it was just issued recently). I was offered a different job with the same employer. All I'm looking to do is to change the conditions of my WP as it specifies my previous position.

I haven't started the new position yet as I was told by CIC that I need to get the new WP first. I just dont want to wait the 4+ months that takes to get a new work permit through CIC so I thought I could try get a WP right at the border.

I've read about people getting a BOWP at the border but not about changing the conditions of the WP.
Anything new to share with us?

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
I forgot to update my situation. I did end up going to the border and talking to an immigration officer.
I didn't have any problems changing my work visa to show my new job position.

Abdul Hannan

Oct 22, 2013
Winnipeg Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS - Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25/07/2015
Nomination.....
12/07/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP UPFRONT
File Transfer...
WAITING
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
Dchezmo said:
I forgot to update my situation. I did end up going to the border and talking to an immigration officer.
I didn't have any problems changing my work visa to show my new job position.
Thanks for the update! Ya i figured coz if its within the same company than it should be ok :)

KPCanada

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
I am in a similar position, BC PNP applicant and my PR Application is in process. My employer wants to promote me to Manager but I have a closed work permit as supervisor. So far I thought a change wasn't possible. Anyone with a similar situation and experience with BC PNP?

MSAB

Mar 6, 2019
Hello,

Posting for the first time.....Need suggestions

I'm on closed work permit (Calgary Alberta) and my closed work permit will get expired in October 2019.
The issue is my current organization is took over by someone, now the company name and all the legal registrations have been changed.
Although all the staff members are same and nature of work is also same.

Now what will be the situation for my work permit?
What should i do now?

Thanks in advance...

Racheltung

May 4, 2019
I
Hello,

Posting for the first time.....Need suggestions

I'm on closed work permit (Calgary Alberta) and my closed work permit will get expired in October 2019.
The issue is my current organization is took over by someone, now the company name and all the legal registrations have been changed.
Although all the staff members are same and nature of work is also same.

Now what will be the situation for my work permit?
What should i do now?

Thanks in advance...
I Have the same situation in Manitoba,
Any updates?And may I go to border to show the new offer to get new work permit?