+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

nominated AINP -Family Stream- requirements CIC problem!

luis4ever

Star Member
Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
22 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17 April 2013
Med's Done....
23 April 2013
Passport Req..
04-10-2013
Hello!

im very very excited! i just got nominated for AINP - Family stream... however, i have a BIG question about one of the requirements in the forms that i have to send to the CIC...

in the point 12 of requirements (CIC FORMS)

says

"proof of english language proficiency

As starting July 1, 2012, most applicants to provincial /territorial nominee programs in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National occupation (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following agencies: IELTS, CELPIP, TEF."

My big question is if this item is referred to me as well (AINP - FAMILY STREAM) because I sent the results of my IELTS test to the AINP in 2009 and those are valid for two years only, so.. my BIG question is...

Do i need to fulfill the proof of english language proficiency to apply to the CIC Under the AINP - Family Stream? (Send the test results?)

So, if the answer is YES, do I need to RETAKE the exam ?(since the test results were valid until 2011) or just send the old results??

I really hope that anyone can Give me a hand on this one...

Thanks!!

luis4ever

Star Member
Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
22 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17 April 2013
Med's Done....
23 April 2013
Passport Req..
04-10-2013
Anyone pls? ... cant find anything related to my program about this point :(

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
luis4ever said:
Hello!

im very very excited! i just got nominated for AINP - Family stream... however, i have a BIG question about one of the requirements in the forms that i have to send to the CIC...

says

As starting July 1, 2012, most applicants to provincial /territorial nominee programs in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National occupation (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following agencies: IELTS, CELPIP, TEF."

My big question is if this item is referred to me as well (AINP - FAMILY STREAM) because I sent the results of my IELTS test to the AINP in 2009 and those are valid for two years only, so.. my BIG question is...

Do i need to fulfill the proof of english language proficiency to apply to the CIC Under the AINP - Family Stream? (Send the test results?)

So, if the answer is YES, do I need to RETAKE the exam ?(since the test results were valid until 2011) or just send the old results??

Thanks!!
Hi luis4ever,

If AINP - FAMILY STREAM falls into skill level C and D, you have to take IELTS (or) CELPIP (or) TEF as your last IELTS validity has already expired. This is what I think, but please wait and see if any other senior members reply here. Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

luis4ever

Star Member
Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
22 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17 April 2013
Med's Done....
23 April 2013
Passport Req..
04-10-2013
well, I really cant find if it falls unter the skill level c or d.. I dont see that kind of information anywhere... besides that I already took that test 3 years ago and the NEXT test in my country (Venezuela) would be in December + 1 month waiting the results... that will leave me with only 1 month to apply and process my forms... (nomination expires in feb-2013).

Anyone knows where I can find information about the Skill level of the family stream? or that is just for skilled workers? im kinda confused.. :(

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
luis4ever said:
well, I really cant find if it falls unter the skill level c or d.. I dont see that kind of information anywhere... besides that I already took that test 3 years ago and the NEXT test in my country (Venezuela) would be in December + 1 month waiting the results... that will leave me with only 1 month to apply and process my forms... (nomination expires in feb-2013).

Anyone knows where I can find information about the Skill level of the family stream? or that is just for skilled workers? im kinda confused.. :(
Here you have a valid reason, so you can request for your Nomination extension.

I am sorry, but I also don't know whether AINP Family stream falls into skill level C or D.

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
luis4ever said:

best would be send a case specific enquiry to your local visa office whether family stream applicants also require ielts?

besides can you kindly share when did you get you apply to ainp and when did you get your additional request letter from ainp.... the month and year will do

thank you

N

nabeela

luis4ever said:
Hello!

says

Thanks!!
I am also AINP family stream applicant. I had sent my IELTS when i applied and in 2011 when i had to send docs to CIO they didn't ask me to retake the test.... i sent an inquiry to them about it and they said no need to take it again.... so if you have already sent them.... dont send again thats a requirement of Province basically.... Yes if there is a new dependent on your file then he/she has to send his IELTS....hope you got your answer...

luis4ever

Star Member
Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
22 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17 April 2013
Med's Done....
23 April 2013
Passport Req..
04-10-2013
Thanks again for your responses...

I submited my AINP application on September 2009. My IELTS exam was on august 2008. I got nominated on August 2012 (right now), im going to send an email to ask for that specific question!, but, according to some readings in other forum posts, the IELTS is not requiered if you are from a PNP like family stream, because you already demonstrated the language capabilities.

@nabeela and @SP88 , thanks a LOT for your responses... ill keep posting as soon as I know something!

Anyone else got this same question or aditional information??

Thanks!

:D :D :D :D :D

N

nabeela

luis4ever said:
Thanks again for your responses...

I submited my AINP application on September 2009. My IELTS exam was on august 2008. I got nominated on August 2012 (right now), im going to send an email to ask for that specific question!, but, according to some readings in other forum posts, the IELTS is not requiered if you are from a PNP like family stream, because you already demonstrated the language capabilities.

@ nabeela and @ SP88 , thanks a LOT for your responses... ill keep posting as soon as I know something!

Anyone else got this same question or aditional information??

Thanks!

:D :D :D :D :D
Best of luck :)

luis4ever

Star Member
Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
22 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17 April 2013
Med's Done....
23 April 2013
Passport Req..
04-10-2013
to keep you guys updated. I wrote to the AINP (PNP), and I got this reply:

"That criteria does not apply to the Family Stream but rather Temporary Foreign Workers. You do not have to re-do IELTS."

So, NO, if you come from a provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Family Stream, IELTS or english test is not requiered again!.

Thanks a lot for the responses!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know anything about AINP's family stream but maybe this link will help.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-fs-frequently-asked-questions.aspx

Click on the "language testing" link to the right.

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
luis4ever said:

"That criteria does not apply to the Family Stream but rather Temporary Foreign Workers. You do not have to re-do IELTS."

So, NO, if you come from a provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Family Stream, IELTS or english test is not requiered again!.

Thanks for sharing the information. Much appreciated for keeping everyone updated.

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
luis4ever said:

Hi
Can you kindly share the AINP email address you sent the query regarding the IELTS.
thanks

mzpasha

Jun 19, 2013
luis4ever said:

how much band requried for IELTS. i have same case AINP-now my case in CHC london they want some documents with ielts. i already submit IELTS before 5.5 band in 2008. they want it again?
thank you.