+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nominate a Representative

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hi all. I am trying to have a friend process my EE application, however I was informed that he can't just create a profile on my behalf and use his email address for communication. I have been reading up on the process of nominating a representative (paid and unpaid) to process my application on my behalf, however I need the following clarification:

1. I want my representative to create my profile. Will I need to fill the Nominate a Representative Form (IMM5476E) before or at the time of creating the profile by the rep or just let him create a profile and enter his email address for all correspondence?
2. When is the Representative Form required to be submitted and how? Is it online or couriered?
3. Is there anything else that I need to declare upfront or my rep has to declare in my online profile to make sure my application is not rejected?

Would appreciate your guidance. I am too busy to be able to process the application myself and don't want to spend money on a consultant.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all. I am trying to have a friend process my EE application, however I was informed that he can't just create a profile on my behalf and use his email address for communication. I have been reading up on the process of nominating a representative (paid and unpaid) to process my application on my behalf, however I need the following clarification:

1. I want my representative to create my profile. Will I need to fill the Nominate a Representative Form (IMM5476E) before or at the time of creating the profile by the rep or just let him create a profile and enter his email address for all correspondence?

2. When is the Representative Form required to be submitted and how? Is it online or couriered?

3. Is there anything else that I need to declare upfront or my rep has to declare in my online profile to make sure my application is not rejected?

Would appreciate your guidance. I am too busy to be able to process the application myself and don't want to spend money on a consultant.
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5561E.asp

All your questions are answered here:

Who is a representative?
A representative is someone who provides advice, consultation, or guidance to you at any stage of the application process, or in a proceeding and, if you appoint him or her as your representative by filling out this form, has your permission to conduct business on your behalf with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

You are not obliged to hire a representative. We treat everyone equally, whether they use the service of a representative or not.

When you appoint a representative:

• you also authorize IRCC and CBSA to share information from your case file with this person in place of you. Please note the representative will receive all correspondence from IRCC or the CBSA, not the applicant;
  • your application will not be given special attention nor can you expect faster processing or a more favourable outcome;
  • the representative is authorized to represent you only on citizenship or immigration matters related to the application you submit with this form; and
  • you can appoint only one (1) representative for each application you submit.

Important information:
You must notify IRCC if your representative’s contact information changes, or if you change your representative, or cancel the appointment of your representative. For more information on updating IRCC with your representative’s information, please see below section - Notify IRCC about any changes.

There are two (2) types of representatives.
Uncompensated Representatives:
Uncompensated representatives do not charge fees or receive any other form of consideration or compensation for providing advice or services to represent you before IRCC or the CBSA.

Uncompensated representatives include:

• friends and family members who do not, and will not, charge a fee or receive any other consideration for their advice and services;
  • organizations that do not, and will not, charge a fee or receive any other consideration for providing citizenship or immigration advice or assistance (such as a non-governmental or religious organization);
  • consultants, lawyers and Quebec notaries, and students-at-law under their supervision, who do not, and will not, charge a fee or receive any other consideration to represent you.
Note: You do not have to pay someone for them to be your representative. IRCC will conduct business with an uncompensated representative if an applicant appoints them on their behalf.

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Thank you very much for the information. I had gone through this information earlier also. Let me ask specifically and more clearly:

Can my friend just create a profile for me and use his contact information like email address for correspondence without me filling the MM5476E or will that create problems later on?

If I'm required to fill the form, should it be uploaded in the profile immediately? Keep in mind that still my friend will make the profile and will have the login details for it.

Looking forward to your feedback.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you very much for the information. I had gone through this information earlier also. Let me ask specifically and more clearly:

Can my friend just create a profile for me and use his contact information like email address for correspondence without me filling the MM5476E or will that create problems later on?
Technically, no. Since you sign the application electronically, you are responsible for everything you do. You may ask your friend to do it for you without the IMM from, but beware that you will be liable for it.

If I'm required to fill the form, should it be uploaded in the profile immediately? Keep in mind that still my friend will make the profile and will have the login details for it.
Its your choice. your friend can do it for you and you don't need to submit an representative form. He can use his email id and address, and state that is yours, but read the answer above.

Looking forward to your feedback.