+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOI from Ontario

Mruns

May 6, 2017
Mumbai
Hello,

I received a NOI from Ontario today under the Ontario Human Capital Priorities stream. I have six months to reply to the NOI now and my current CRS score is 403.

The eligibility criteria of Ontario Human Capital Priorities stream is to have a profile in the Express Entry pool and score a minimum of 400 points under the CRS and the score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residence processing stage.

My birthday is on 16th August post which my score will drop to 398. I intend to submit my application for OINP by this June post which I may get an ITA in couple of months. What are the chances of my application getting rejected due to the drop in my scores as it may not meet the eligibility of federal application at the processing stage after August 16.

If in any case, I apply for the OINP in June and dont receive an ITA by August then what are the chances of my profile getting rejected and is there any alternative to it.

Regards,
Mruns

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello,

I received a NOI from Ontario today under the Ontario Human Capital Priorities stream. I have six months to reply to the NOI now and my current CRS score is 403.

The eligibility criteria of Ontario Human Capital Priorities stream is to have a profile in the Express Entry pool and score a minimum of 400 points under the CRS and the score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residence processing stage.

My birthday is on 16th August post which my score will drop to 398. I intend to submit my application for OINP by this June post which I may get an ITA in couple of months. What are the chances of my application getting rejected due to the drop in my scores as it may not meet the eligibility of federal application at the processing stage after August 16.

If in any case, I apply for the OINP in June and dont receive an ITA by August then what are the chances of my profile getting rejected and is there any alternative to it.

Regards,
Mruns
Apply for OINP asap as they are processing application on average 12-23 days. This mean you will receive Nomination soon and ITA in the very next draw. So if you apply by the end of July your dates will be fixed that's mean after the date of AOR it will not matter.

This is my understanding and anyone else may have an opposite view.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I agree with @BillHyatt that you must apply for OINP as soon as you can.

I'm in kind of a similar situation as you - CRS 403 and next birthday looming in the next couple of months when I'll lose 5 points and won't be eligible for OINP anymore.

I applied to OINP on May 31.

Good luck.

Jun 6, 2017
Hello..
Case update:
Created express entry profile with CRS score 448(awaiting spouse ECA) and hoping to be in the next draw to receive and ITA. But today received an NOI from Ontario, but not sure whether to go for it. What do you think guys..is it worth accepting? Would it be beneficial since i am already in the race for getting an ITA if this score is enough?
Thanks in advance!! Any suggestions would be appreciated

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello..
Case update:
Created express entry profile with CRS score 448(awaiting spouse ECA) and hoping to be in the next draw to receive and ITA. But today received an NOI from Ontario, but not sure whether to go for it. What do you think guys..is it worth accepting? Would it be beneficial since i am already in the race for getting an ITA if this score is enough?
Thanks in advance!! Any suggestions would be appreciated
Many people in your shoes would accept the ITA and ignore the NOI because for them NOI is just another way of adding more points to their CRS and eventually receiving an ITA.

Also, the OINP application processing time adds to your overall PR processing time - it takes roughly 2 to 3 weeks for OINP to be processed after which you're placed in the pool with 600 additional points and receive and ITA in the next draw. And then you begin your PR application which takes up to 6 months to be processed.

The only people who accept the OINP and decline the ITA would be those who really want to settle in Ontario and see the nomination as a first step towards that goal.

I applied for OINP because my points are low (403)and I was tired of waiting for my turn in the pool.

Take some time to ponder over your options. Talk to more people on this forum and then make an informed decision.

Good luck.

Jun 6, 2017
Many people in your shoes would accept the ITA and ignore the NOI because for them NOI is just another way of adding more points to their CRS and eventually receiving an ITA.

Also, the OINP application processing time adds to your overall PR processing time - it takes roughly 2 to 3 weeks for OINP to be processed after which you're placed in the pool with 600 additional points and receive and ITA in the next draw. And then you begin your PR application which takes up to 6 months to be processed.

The only people who accept the OINP and decline the ITA would be those who really want to settle in Ontario and see the nomination as a first step towards that goal.

I applied for OINP because my points are low (403)and I was tired of waiting for my turn in the pool.

Take some time to ponder over your options. Talk to more people on this forum and then make an informed decision.

Good luck.

Thanks for your response. Appreciated!!

Jabbar

Jan 31, 2017
I applied to Saskatchewan earlier and my application was ineligible due to a missing document. When applying for OINP, do I need to specify that I applied to Saskatchewan before.

zcgfwpj

Jun 23, 2017
Hello,

Regards,
Mruns
hey, I just applied for express entry, and the score is above 400 too, so where should I get the NOI? Thanks so mcuh!!!

sukrithy

Feb 23, 2017
hi everyone

i just received a NOI from Ontario for PNP. what should I do next? i would like to accept it. i have looked into the OINP website but it says i need a job offer from an employer.
is that applicable even if we recieve a NOI in express entry. i am confused. could someone please guide me as to what i am supposed to do next.
the information given in the website is bit confusing for me :/

p.s. my crs is 456. i am sure i will get an ITA in the next couple of rounds. so i dont require pnp for the score. i was hoping to take it up as it means we do not have to show proof of funds. is it an efficent way to go ahead??? please help

thanks in advance

sukrithy

Feb 23, 2017

Good luck.
i suppose this applies to me as well?
thanks @Wandering Mind :)

any other suggestions from anyone else?

kitvy

Jun 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
hi everyone

i just received a NOI from Ontario for PNP. what should I do next? i would like to accept it. i have looked into the OINP website but it says i need a job offer from an employer.
is that applicable even if we recieve a NOI in express entry. i am confused. could someone please guide me as to what i am supposed to do next.
the information given in the website is bit confusing for me :/

p.s. my crs is 456. i am sure i will get an ITA in the next couple of rounds. so i dont require pnp for the score. i was hoping to take it up as it means we do not have to show proof of funds. is it an efficent way to go ahead??? please help

thanks in advance
Hi

My understanding is that you only accept the NOI once you have gathered all required documents, and you are given 14 days to submit a full application - so 14 days between accepting the NOI and submitting an application. You might want to wait a month or two without taking action on the NOI as EE will open and see if you are picked up. Is your NOI not for Human Capitals stream ? Best to read more and see which program you can align with

Reactions: sukrithy

sukrithy

Feb 23, 2017
Hi

My understanding is that you only accept the NOI once you have gathered all required documents, and you are given 14 days to submit a full application - so 14 days between accepting the NOI and submitting an application. You might want to wait a month or two without taking action on the NOI as EE will open and see if you are picked up. Is your NOI not for Human Capitals stream ? Best to read more and see which program you can align with
Thank you for your reply

I am at 456... I guess I will wait for the next ee draw and decide

deepti09

Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys,

I received NOI from Ontario today but when I logged into OINP e portal and clicked on human capital priorities system, I get message saying that they are not taking any more applications. What does that mean? Why did they send NOI in that case?

Am I going in the right direction after receiving NOI?

Jul 9, 2017
Hello All -
My CRS score is 408 and I am in the pool from April, 2017. MY NOC code is 2173 which ontario is currently looking for. I havent received any NOI for last 4 months, Do you know why this would be the case? Do I need to recreate my profile? I am a CLB 9.