Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
How do I get an NOI?? does it happen on its own via my express entry profile or do I have to perform an action for this ?
For Ontario, its automatic from EE profile.

Reactions: sabahaque13

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi guys

Does having closed Work Permit will increase CRS score? In the EE profile creation, there is a section to quote UCI. In the WP , UCI has been mentioned. Do I have to mention that UCI in the EE profile. I used an offer letter when my company applied for WP for me. Can I use that offer letter. How long the offer letter is valid, as the offer letter I used was in Oct-2016 and I got my WP during Jan-2017

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
Hi Guys
I submitted my EE today, was shocked to see my points dropped to 317 as didn't know need to get ECA done. This is not ideal as our visa's expire in November and it looks like it is going to take a couple months just to get the certs sent to WES to do.
My husbands NOC is 7232 (Tool and Die) and is working here right now so can get the job offer for provincial nomination, should I apply directly to OINP - do you think we will get accepted? Or do I leave my EE profile sitting there, I don't think we will get a NOI with points that low?
According to the profile we only qualify for CEC right now. But again the points are way too low.

I guess I am asking if I am stuck and must get the ECA done before I can do anything. That will take us to pretty much May and I know that is not enough time to turn PR round for November. I am freaking out.

Thx
Abbie

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi Guys
I submitted my EE today, was shocked to see my points dropped to 317 as didn't know need to get ECA done. This is not ideal as our visa's expire in November and it looks like it is going to take a couple months just to get the certs sent to WES to do.
My husbands NOC is 7232 (Tool and Die) and is working here right now so can get the job offer for provincial nomination, should I apply directly to OINP - do you think we will get accepted? Or do I leave my EE profile sitting there, I don't think we will get a NOI with points that low?
According to the profile we only qualify for CEC right now. But again the points are way too low.

I guess I am asking if I am stuck and must get the ECA done before I can do anything. That will take us to pretty much May and I know that is not enough time to turn PR round for November. I am freaking out.

Thx
Abbie
Read up on OINP Skilled Trades, which encompasses NOC group 72:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPTRADES_WHO.html

Application guide: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_strades.pdf

Doesn't look like your husband needs an ECA...he has to qualify for CEC, which doesn't require ECA.

Doesn't look like there is a minimum CRS either for him to get a NOI from Ontario.

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
Read up on OINP Skilled Trades, which encompasses NOC group 72:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPTRADES_WHO.html

Application guide: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_strades.pdf

Doesn't look like your husband needs an ECA...he has to qualify for CEC, which doesn't require ECA.

Doesn't look like there is a minimum CRS either for him to get a NOI from Ontario.
Thank you. I just read through that link and it does say that they are looking for CRS scores of 400 and above. Can I just apply for it without them issuing a NOI? Do you know?
Thx

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you. I just read through that link and it does say that they are looking for CRS scores of 400 and above. Can I just apply for it without them issuing a NOI? Do you know?
Thx
No, he needs the NOI to apply. If he doesn't have one, he can recreate his profile.

Not sure what you are looking at. None of the links I gave say anything about a 400 points requirement for Skilled Trades. You may have looked at the Human Capital Priorities requirements before.

Last edited:

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
No, he needs the NOI to apply. If he doesn't have one, he can recreate his profile.

Not sure what you are looking at. None of the links I gave say anything about a 400 points requirement for Skilled Trades. You may have looked at the Human Capital Priorities requirements before.
Ok thank you. I’m panicking so bad. Do you know if there’s anything I can do to stay here after my visa expires in November if PR is in progress?

Dirsindred

Mar 25, 2018
Hi guys, I received NOI 27 Feb 2018 and my CRS score is 433. Do you think this current 456 score will be dropped below 433 after 1 month or not?
Because If it takes more, I need to accept NOI right now and send my documents which are ready.

How much time should I wait currently to get that 600 and return back to the pool?

Last edited:

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys, I received NOI 27 Feb 2018 and my CRS score is 433. Do you think this current 456 score will be dropped below 433 after 1 month or not?
Because If it takes more, I need to accept NOI right now and send my documents which are ready.

How much time should I wait currently to get that 600 and return back to the pool?
i am 433 and i accepted the ontario NOI. score will most certainly not drop to 433 in the coming couple months.

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018

Can't believe it... just got NOI today. In the message in our EE profile it does not say the stream, is it safe to assume you think that I can apply through the one you suggested?
Our ECA will be about 3 months and will put us on around 450 points so thinking it's going to be safer / quicker to apply for PNP would you agree?

Thank you so much for your help

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Can't believe it... just got NOI today. In the message in our EE profile it does not say the stream, is it safe to assume you think that I can apply through the one you suggested?
Our ECA will be about 3 months and will put us on around 450 points so thinking it's going to be safer / quicker to apply for PNP would you agree?

Thank you so much for your help
Congrats! If you got the NOI, that's good for sure.

Honestly, it might not be quicker (per my experience with HCPS, but perhaps Skilled Trades processing will be quicker), but it's definitely safer. You can't predict if the ITA draws will go to that level. With the Ontario nomination, it's a guaranteed ITA.

If your husband meets all the qualifications for the OINP Skilled Trades stream, go ahead and apply. I think there's a chance it will be done before November. At worst, I think you can just apply for a bridging open work permit or change your status to visitor in Canada, as you have to keep legal status in Canada if you choose to stay while your PR application is being processed.

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
Congrats! If you got the NOI, that's good for sure.

Honestly, it might not be quicker (per my experience with HCPS, but perhaps Skilled Trades processing will be quicker), but it's definitely safer. You can't predict if the ITA draws will go to that level. With the Ontario nomination, it's a guaranteed ITA.

If your husband meets all the qualifications for the OINP Skilled Trades stream, go ahead and apply. I think there's a chance it will be done before November. At worst, I think you can just apply for a bridging open work permit or change your status to visitor in Canada, as you have to keep legal status in Canada if you choose to stay while your PR application is being processed.
Thank you !!!