+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOD Claim Rejected based on Credibility

Jaysonjide

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
I got a Negative Decision last week after waiting 6weeks for the NOD. Do i have to pay my lawyer a new fee for the appeal cos am so confused right now.
And the decision says i have to Notify RAD within 15days of my intent to appeal.

My timeline below
Came to Canada as a Intl Student in 201
Claimed Refugee October 2021
Hearing July 4th 2022
Hearing PostPone to September 13th 2022
Was a very turf and interrogating hearing that lasted for 3hours , cos there was a Minister intervention and the Member didn’t give decision on the spot.
NOD arrive my mailbox on October 25th and was a Negative one, he rejected based on Credibility.

Last edited:

eliteguy

Star Member
May 13, 2022
I got a Negative Decision last week after waiting 6weeks for the NOD. Do i have to pay my lawyer a new fee for the appeal cos am so confused right now.
And the decision says i have to Notify RAD within 15days of my intent to appeal.

My timeline below
Hearing July 4th 2022
Was a very turf and interrogating hearing that lasted for 3hours , cos there was a Minister intervention and the Member didn’t give decision on the spot.
NOD arrive my mailbox on November 25th and was a Negative one, he rejected based on Credibility.
Your timelines are off...we are still in October so how did you get NOD November 25TH...Also, appeal is a different process...you may need to discuss with your lawyer for a discounted service rate. Did you come a s a student in 2021?..If so, it complicated things as the member will feel you never intended to study

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

My timeline below
Hearing July 4th 2022
NOD arrive my mailbox on November 25th and was a Negative one, he rejected based on Credibility.
Yes, you will need to pay a new / additional fee for the appeal.

Reactions: Jaysonjide

Jaysonjide

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
Your timelines are off...we are still in October so how did you get NOD November 25TH...Also, appeal is a different process...you may need to discuss with your lawyer for a discounted service rate. Did you come a s a student in 2021?..If so, it complicated things as the member will feel you never intended to study
Thanks it’s October 25, 2021 and i came in in 2017 thru school

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks it’s October 25, 2021 and i came in in 2017 thru school
It’s unfortunate that you just didn’t keep on studying. Some think that applying for asylum may be an easier or faster route to obtain PR but you have zero control over your situation while if studying and the working you have much more control over your own life. Unless you are from a country at war it also becomes much harder to prove persecution if you have been studying in Canada for multiple years. People on WP or SP should really think twice about claiming asylum vs qualifying for PR via economic pathways.

Reactions: itzdrmac

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018

My timeline below
Hearing July 4th 2022
NOD arrive my mailbox on October 25th and was a Negative one, he rejected based on Credibility.
What have happen? Did you appeal? Did you got approve? Also which country you from?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for letting me know. I found a lawyer last week whose price is average. We submitted the notice of appeal waiting for their acknowledgment
I would never appeal by myself as per previous poster advise. Goodluck hope you get your positive decision/ redetermination

Reactions: Jaysonjide

Jaysonjide

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
I would never appeal by myself as per previous poster advise. Goodluck hope you get your positive decision/ redetermination
Thanks My Claim was accepted at the Appeal and the RPD negative decision was replaced with a Positive decision on the table. I have since applied for my PR since May, 2023