Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
Hi seniors,

I sent my job duties to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca in order to confirm if my job duties properly match with NOC 2174, but I got reply that they are not able to identify my NOC. I sent them the following mail

My job title as per the appointment letter is Assistant Professor (Computer Programmer/Computer Practices). My jobs duties are as follows:

1. Write, update, and integrate computer program to handle specific jobs, such as storing or retrieving data from ERP system.

2. Perform revision, maintenance, or expansion of existing programs to adapt to new requirements.

3. Communicate with technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest solution.

4. Prepare technical documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.

5. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.

6. Assist test team to identify and fix the bugs and issues with the software.

7. Assign, coordinate, and review work of programming personnel and train subordinates in programming and program coding.

8. Research and Evaluate different software packages for the further development of existing system.

Kindly help me decide the NOC Code so that I may apply under express entry as a Federal Skilled Worker.

Regards,
Now I am really worried that CIC officer will not be able to understand that job duties and my application will be rejected. What should I do now?
should I copy/paste the job duties my CIC website? My Head of Department has asked me to write my own job duties.

Please help me,

Regards,

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
For sure if you are an Assistant Professor, computer programmer is not your main duties. You should select something related to your designations.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Email them again. I had a similar response first try. In your email include your education details/qualification and maybe a few more specifics and the job requirements. Don't copy the noc word for word.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Ask Human Resources at your workplace. They will either tell u your Noc or edit (reword) your job description to match an NOC

hsinxh said:
Hi seniors,

I sent my job duties to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca in order to confirm if my job duties properly match with NOC 2174, but I got reply that they are not able to identify my NOC. I sent them the following mail

Now I am really worried that CIC officer will not be able to understand that job duties and my application will be rejected. What should I do now?
should I copy/paste the job duties my CIC website? My Head of Department has asked me to write my own job duties.

Please help me,

Regards,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
karenv said:
For sure if you are an Assistant Professor, computer programmer is not your main duties. You should select something related to your designations.
i would agree that any visa officer will have a hard time understanding the OPs job title as a professor which implies an academic role yet the responsibilities listed are just for a programmer role not exactly something you might expect a professor to do unless in an academic teaching position

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
Bs65 said:
i would agree that any visa officer will have a hard time understanding the OPs job title as a professor which implies an academic role yet the responsibilities listed are just for a programmer role not exactly something you might expect a professor to do unless in an academic teaching position
I am also worried about this. My job duties are of "Computer Programmer" because thats what I do all day. I write/modify computer programs. My institute changed its nomenclature few years ago, earlier it used to be only computer programmer but now its Assistant Professor(Computer Programmer/Computer Practices) and its written as such on my appointment letter also. What can I do now about this?

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
kryt0n said:
Email them again. I had a similar response first try. In your email include your education details/qualification and maybe a few more specifics and the job requirements. Don't copy the noc word for word.
I think they get confused because of my Job title which is Assistant Professor(Computer Porgammer/Computer Practices)

gatiott

Nov 16, 2016
This is my first time hearing of this. So you email them your job description/duties and they will confirm your NOC is correct?

Please help! Thanks!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
gatiott said:
This is my first time hearing of this. So you email them your job description/duties and they will confirm your NOC is correct?

Please help! Thanks!
Yes, job title (so they can try and locate it quick), job duties, employer requirements, qualifications.

Normally takes a few days but they should get back to you. It might not be accurate so double check it!

gatiott

Nov 16, 2016
kryt0n said:
Yes, job title (so they can try and locate it quick), job duties, employer requirements, qualifications.

Normally takes a few days but they should get back to you. It might not be accurate so double check it!
MINDBLOWN! Thank you!!

csklein

Jan 6, 2017
What is the correct e-mail now? Because noc@workingcanada.gc.ca isn't working anymore.

<NOC@workingincanada.gc.ca>: connect to interpol.ipudev.com[205.211.179.4]:25:
Connection timed out

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
csklein said:
What is the correct e-mail now? Because noc@workingcanada.gc.ca isn't working anymore.

<NOC@workingincanada.gc.ca>: connect to interpol.ipudev.com[205.211.179.4]:25:
Connection timed out
NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
HI,

Who does this email belong to? noc@workingincanada.gc.ca. Is this a govt entity or some private consulting company/ immigration attorney ?

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Hi seniors,

Please help me,

Regards,
Hey Buddy..don't panic... Why don't u check with some case officer ????

Guider

Aug 18, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
I m also unable to find my NOC code. I m an IELTS tutor in an institute without b.ed in india.