+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Switching

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Hello guys,

I submitted my profile with NOC 1111, but my job duties are divided almost equally between 1111 and 1311.
I'm thinking of switching to the latter just to have a shot at SINP, and since I'm on good relation with them, the HR department in my former company are okay with writing a new reference letter which is better suiting 1311 duties. (For the first one I asked them to focus only on 1111 responsibilities even though I did more than just those).

My question is: since I did not receive an ITA yet, is there really no problem in switching NOC or will they still consider it lying?
Also, comparing the benefits and drawbacks, are there downsides to choosing 1311 instead of 1111(especially for PNP) or is it essentially the same?
Is either of the two NOCs good for OINP?

BTW, can my former employer prepare a R.L. with duties for both NOCs if it matches 70% or more for each of them? like the first 5 are suitable for one, and the next 5 are suitable for the other?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
SINP is very strict as many people try to switch their NOCs from 1111 to 1311. 1111 is inelgible so many people try to change to 1311. Many receive letters that they are not eligible for 1311. If your education matches 1111 more closely then SINP officers will make consider that too. Also don't think 1311 has been selected in a long time.

Reactions: Talal205

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Thank you Naturgrl for your response.

I have a bachelor's degree in Economics which in my home country is the minimum requirement to work as an accountant. However, Faculty of Economics contains 5 majors including business administrations and accounting. I studied business administration but later worked as an accountant, but you could say I worked as a junior accountant because for the most important stuff there was an outside experienced accountant that managed them.
To be honest, when I first created my profile I was not aware of NOC 1311 as I searched for "accountant" and found it under NOC 1111. That's totally on me, I know, but once I found it and compared them, I was torn between the two.

I do think I'm more of a 1311 guy rather than 1111 but, duties wise, I did most of both.
I hope I managed to explain my situation clearly, and kindly note that if I am to switch my NOC it is not only because of SINP; I want what is best for me as a complete EE and PNP profile.

Thank you again for your response, waiting your valued advice.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you Naturgrl for your response.

I have a bachelor's degree in Economics which in my home country is the minimum requirement to work as an accountant. However, Faculty of Economics contains 5 majors including business administrations and accounting. I studied business administration but later worked as an accountant, but you could say I worked as a junior accountant because for the most important stuff there was an outside experienced accountant that managed them.
To be honest, when I first created my profile I was not aware of NOC 1311 as I searched for "accountant" and found it under NOC 1111. That's totally on me, I know, but once I found it and compared them, I was torn between the two.

I do think I'm more of a 1311 guy rather than 1111 but, duties wise, I did most of both.
I hope I managed to explain my situation clearly, and kindly note that if I am to switch my NOC it is not only because of SINP; I want what is best for me as a complete EE and PNP profile.

Thank you again for your response, waiting your valued advice.
Ok. Your NOC for EE makes no difference as long as it is NOC A, B or 0. You asked about SINP so you need to look at their requirements. NOC 1311 is a college level requirements. As I said NOC 1111 is not eligible and NOC 1311 has not been selected in a long time. You want a high SINP score too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also to note that for OINP, NOC 1111 is eligible so if you have a CRS score over 460 you may get a nomination. However then you are not eligible for SINP.