+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Social Media Manager

KootenayP

Jan 22, 2018
I can't figure out what the right NOC is for my Social Media work experience: 0124, 1123 or 0621?
See details of this job (2016/17) and work history below. I am leaning towards 1123.
I was employed by the company itself and the lead statement of 1123 says: "They are employed by consulting firms, advertising agencies, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed." Does that fit in at all? An consultation office told me to put it under 0621 because it is still part of managing a retail business and it would look better as a whole, but very few duties match so that seems wrong?

I worked on three different positions within a Canadian outdoor store (franchise):
2015: 5 months as 6211 Retail Sales Supervisor. At a seasonal outdoor store that is part of the franchise. I created and managed their social accounts + advertisements + made extensive store manual.
Then, I worked on a Young Professional Visa, titled as "management trainee":
2016:
4 months as 0621 Retail and Wholesale Trademanager. Founding & Assistant Manager of a new paddle sports rental shop for the owners of the outdoor franchise. I started this rental shop for them. I created and managed social accounts for both this rental and their outdoor store.
2016/17: 8.5 months as (?...). I was employed by head office of the outdoor franchise, which manages the online store as well. This Social Media person was a new position within the company and I was the person responsible for all the social content.
- I managed the the social media accounts of head office: FB, Instagram, Blog
- I trained + supported the 13 individual stores with the management of their own social media accounts
- I created a Social Media manual for the stores
- I collected, curated and edited content for the Blog and started new collaborations with influencers
- I evaluated and presented the results
- I collaborated with the marketing/advertising department (also 1 person+designer)

Educational and other Work history: Bachelor of Engineering (Product Design), Bachelor of Design (Public Space Design, includes some communications & graphic) My work experience is extremely versatile (not helpful) but if there is one connector, it would be management. My design work always had a social focus and I shifted from design (2 yrs my own company) towards public positions in musea, hotel, the outdoor store. I am applying under CEC and I will not count my Dutch work experience unless absolutely needed for points.

I hope someone can help, I have been puzzling for weeks now! Thank you.

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
I can't figure out what the right NOC is for my Social Media work experience: 0124, 1123 or 0621?
See details of this job (2016/17) and work history below. I am leaning towards 1123.
I was employed by the company itself and the lead statement of 1123 says: "They are employed by consulting firms, advertising agencies, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed." Does that fit in at all? An consultation office told me to put it under 0621 because it is still part of managing a retail business and it would look better as a whole, but very few duties match so that seems wrong?

I worked on three different positions within a Canadian outdoor store (franchise):
2015: 5 months as 6211 Retail Sales Supervisor. At a seasonal outdoor store that is part of the franchise. I created and managed their social accounts + advertisements + made extensive store manual.
Then, I worked on a Young Professional Visa, titled as "management trainee":
2016:
4 months as 0621 Retail and Wholesale Trademanager. Founding & Assistant Manager of a new paddle sports rental shop for the owners of the outdoor franchise. I started this rental shop for them. I created and managed social accounts for both this rental and their outdoor store.
2016/17: 8.5 months as (?...). I was employed by head office of the outdoor franchise, which manages the online store as well. This Social Media person was a new position within the company and I was the person responsible for all the social content.
- I managed the the social media accounts of head office: FB, Instagram, Blog
- I trained + supported the 13 individual stores with the management of their own social media accounts
- I created a Social Media manual for the stores
- I collected, curated and edited content for the Blog and started new collaborations with influencers
- I evaluated and presented the results
- I collaborated with the marketing/advertising department (also 1 person+designer)

Educational and other Work history: Bachelor of Engineering (Product Design), Bachelor of Design (Public Space Design, includes some communications & graphic) My work experience is extremely versatile (not helpful) but if there is one connector, it would be management. My design work always had a social focus and I shifted from design (2 yrs my own company) towards public positions in musea, hotel, the outdoor store. I am applying under CEC and I will not count my Dutch work experience unless absolutely needed for points.

I hope someone can help, I have been puzzling for weeks now! Thank you.
What did you go with in the end?

Bestsmmpanel@

Mar 27, 2024
When a person can manage several social media accounts from one platform, it's referred to as https://smmpakpanel.com/. Tools for scheduling posts, examining engagement data, keeping an eye on mentions and comments, and communicating with followers on a variety of social media sites,.