App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Hi Friends and Seniors..

Sorry to bother all..

The education requirements for my NOC is given below. I have bolded the relevant points.

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
---

My 1st job NOC (1.5yr) was related to Insurance and entirely different from the current noc (2171, 2yrs), Management Information System.

My worries.

1. I am a Commerce Bachelor. But I have a Masters in Business Administration - Will this suffice the requirement for Bachelors Degree in Business Administration?

2. I have a 3 months IT course done from a famous institution done after quiting 1st job (insurance) and before joining the current job. This is related to Management Information System.

Is it a better idea to include this certificate as well as the screenshot of my profile page in my current company webpage which shows the IT trainings I attended after joining there, which are related to NOC 2171? I am thinking to add it in document section of work experience.

I am really worried as I think I do not have enough qualifications to claim points of NC 2171, as it is IT related. But my reference letter is matching with NOC 2171. I want to let CIC know that I have done some courses and I am good in IT as well.

Kindly reply,..,.., I AM STUCK :-X

---------------

CRS 445

Received ITA on 57th draw., started documentation.

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
ajufsd said:
Hi Friends and Seniors..

Sorry to bother all..

The education requirements for my NOC is given below. I have bolded the relevant points.

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
---

My 1st job NOC (1.5yr) was related to Insurance and entirely different from the current noc (2171, 2yrs), Management Information System.

My worries.

1. I am a Commerce Bachelor. But I have a Masters in Business Administration - Will this suffice the requirement for Bachelors Degree in Business Administration?

2. I have a 3 months IT course done from a famous institution done after quiting 1st job (insurance) and before joining the current job. This is related to Management Information System.

Is it a better idea to include this certificate as well as the screenshot of my profile page in my current company webpage which shows the IT trainings I attended after joining there, which are related to NOC 2171? I am thinking to add it in document section of work experience.

I am really worried as I think I do not have enough qualifications to claim points of NC 2171, as it is IT related. But my reference letter is matching with NOC 2171. I want to let CIC know that I have done some courses and I am good in IT as well.

Anybody reply please...

---------------

CRS 445

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ajufsd said:
Hi Friends and Seniors..

Sorry to bother all..

Employment requirements

or
---

My worries.

---------------

CRS 445

Hi,

My understanding is this doesn't matter as there i no requirement from CIC for foreign education and experience to match. The only instruction with regards to selecting an NOC is as follows:

" (a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their foreign work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

The focus is clearly on the duties performed not the meeting of educational requirements. Furthermore, a Masters is a higher qualification than a Bachelors so your Masters in Business Admin is more than enough.

All the best

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Hi Tanaka,

Thanks a lot for your reply. This has boosted the confidence factor. I go with the current one.

'Gooded' you... :)

I have an other query now.

In the education section of my NOC 2171, it says 'Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.' - I understand that this is not must. But since I have these training received in my company, my supervisor is ready to add the wording "The employee has undergone training required from software vendors and he has all the skills to efficiently carry out his job. He is assigned to the roles and responsibilities as below....."

Shall I add this?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ajufsd said:
Hi Tanaka,

Thanks a lot for your reply. This has boosted the confidence factor. I go with the current one.

In the education section of my NOC 2171, it says 'Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.' - I understand that this is not must. But since I have these training received in my company, my supervisor is ready to add the wording "The employee has undergone training required from software vendors and he has all the skills to efficiently carry out his job. He is assigned to the roles and responsibilities as below....."

Shall I add this?
Yes you can. There is no harm in doing so.

Cheers

Lovisha

Nov 10, 2016
Tanaka can you pls help me decide my noc pls...i emailed to hsrdc and dey said they cant help me..am confused betn 2221 and 2211...i can share my job descr. If u want

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Hi TanakaM,

Thank you, I will add those working.

+ I will take a screen-shot of my profile in company's website (accessible only to me) which shows the trainings that I have had and include in the work experience documentation.

I hope this should be fine.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
ajufsd said:
Hi Tanaka,

Shall I add this?
Certification from vendors is optional. Not everyone has them

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
comfortablynumb said:
Certification from vendors is optional. Not everyone has them
I do not have a certificate from them, but hope my screenshot can tell them that I have attended some software vendor trainings, as I am a bit worried about the education that I have to support NOC 2171.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ajufsd said:
I do not have a certificate from them, but hope my screenshot can tell them that I have attended some software vendor trainings, as I am a bit worried about the education that I have to support NOC 2171.
Hi Guys, what I have learnt from my experience is that no one can really help you pick the right code. You are the best person to do it as you know exactly what experience you have.

What I can tell you is that you are worrying about the wrong thing. For the FSWP one can have a Law degree and work experience in Sales or Marketing, CIC are concerned with whether you have the actual experience not the academic requirement.

Find an NOC that matches the roles and responsibilities you have performed, don't worry about the title or academic requirements as these differ from country to country.

Read the section on proof of work experience carefully and you will see that there is no requirement to prove one meets the educational requirements of an NOC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi Guys, what I have learnt from my experience is that no one can really help you pick the right code. You are the best person to do it as you know exactly what experience you have.

What I can tell you is that you are worrying about the wrong thing. For the FSWP one can have a Law degree and work experience in Sales or Marketing, CIC are concerned with whether you have the actual experience not the academic requirement.

Find an NOC that matches the roles and responsibilities you have performed, don't worry about the title or academic requirements as these differ from country to country.

Read the section on proof of work experience carefully and you will see that there is no requirement to prove one meets the educational requirements of an NOC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Really admire your answer. I think I am good to go :)

Thank you... :)

khyati26

Aug 4, 2020
Hi I am working in company called Dufferin Aggregates a division of CRH group, Canada and my title is Technical Service coordinator. I have completed my 1 year job and ready to apply for PR under CEC. I need help for finding the NOC code of my job.
My duties at work include,
  • Interface with other field technicians, Drivers, Lab Personnel, Plant Operators, Supervisors and Managers to communicate quality objectives and results.
  • Sampling and testing of aggregate and other raw materials to ensure they meet plant and job site regulatory specifications
  • Maintaining daily records of all test data
  • Deliver and administration of value-added products to accommodate customer needs.
  • Developing technical reports and analysis of aggregate quality
  • General aggregate laboratory duties.
  • Equipment operation and calibration, including preventive and general maintenance
  • Analyze quality metrics and identify issues and opportunities allowing continuous improvement.
I am not sure which Noc code come under this. Please help.