+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC & Reference Letters

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
People, I worked for 3 employers till date including current one. With current Employer, I am working from since from last 4 years and still continuing.

I understand that following are the Main duties corresponding to NOC 0213 and if any one performing some/all of following duties is eligible for NOC 0213.

1. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
2. Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
3. Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and time lines
4. Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
5. Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
6. Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.

Now, I am performing few of above duties in my current job since from more than a year. But I never performed any of above duties while working with my past two employers. So here are the questions -

1. While filling up Schedule 3 from for FSW1, what should be the NOC code I shall be mentioning for the duties corresponding to two old employers? I worked with both the employers as 'computer programmer' which is not the part of NOC.

2. If there is no NOC associated with the duties that I performed with my old employers, do I still have to provide reference letter from those employers?

Thanks for your Help...

ravidatt

Apr 29, 2009
there is a NOC for computer programer. I think 2173 not sure but there would be one. search

them here

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/SearchIndex.aspx

I think ref letter is important for all present/past employer.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Yes, I see there is 2173 for computer programmers on the link provided. But 2173 is not mentioned in 38 NOC list. If not in NOC List, then CIC will not consider that experience while evaluating FSW1 Visa. If not considered for evaluation, then what is the need for respective experience/employer letter?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
do you not need the points from your previous employment?

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks rupeshhari...This answers. Now just to make sure I understand this correctly..I shall be putting 2173 for my first two employments details and 0213 for the current one....

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
only you would know that based on the experience. If you are applying for FSW1 and only have 2173 and 0213 work experience then one year hopefully is 0213.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Yes..I do have more than a year experience with most of 0213 duties with current employer. With other two employers, my duties are more or less similar to that are mentioned from 2173.

Main duties for 2173
Software engineers and designers perform some or all of the following duties:

* Collect and document user's requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
* Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
* Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
* Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
* Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
* May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.

levalencia

May 8, 2009
I am in the same problem than you, my main duties have been on the computer programmer noc code, but even tough my job title has never been Manager, I have performed some of the main duties of 0213, I wonder if I will receive a positive answer

sm1974

Oct 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
AOR Received.
13-01-2010
I have different confusion. My project role is of manager, however my designation is IT Analyst. My responsibilities match with the listed in NOC 0213. However my designation/job title is not listed in the titles listed there.
Also, my employer will give me certificate citing my designation(IT Analyst) only.
So while filing the application in category 0213, what job title should I put?

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
imo, whatever your job title is, as long as your duties and responsibilities corresponds to the NOC listed in the 38 NOC list, it will be assessed as part of your work experience. That is why they put the specific job duties/responsibilities there so it will be easier to compare. Job titles that they mentioned are just samples and thats why they listed like 100s of those possible job titles since there are thousands of job titles that are doing the same job.

So i would suggest to just put the job title you were called in your company then list the duties & responsibilities applicable to the 38 NOC lists ONLY. They will not consider the ones where the 38 NOC arent applicable. My friend was asked to provide JDs & CoE on employments applicable to his designated NOC only when he was asked for the full documents after his AOR just to give you an idea.

I hope this helps..