+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Matching Work Experience

G4r3l

Sep 24, 2016
I was notified that I am not eligible for the Express Entry Program. My only concern is the following:

I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering (2132) and MS in Petroleum Engineering (2145).

My job experience is the following: 7 months under 2132 (Quality Engineer Steel Pipe Manufacturing for Oil & Gas)
3 months under 2145/2132 (Applications Engineer, Manufacturing of tools for Oil & Gas)
2.5 years under 2145 (Field engineer and Production Engineer, for Oil & Gas Service Company)
8 months under XXXX (Consulting for Law Firm, environmental remediation of Hydrocarbons)

Since January I have been doing consulting services for a law firm regarding remediation of HC from locations. I am not quite certain which NOC to put for this particular experience. I think I chose something regarding Environmental (Except Engineering).

1) What would be the NOC for an engineer doing consulting services for a law firm regarding remediation of HC from locations in the field.

2) Would my job experience be enough to be eligible for Express entry?

Thanks for your help and input!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
G4r3l said:
2) Would my job experience be enough to be eligible for Express entry?

Thanks for your help and input!
You must have at least 1 year of full-time continuous work experience in your primary NOC to be eligible.
So with your work experience as it currently stands, you must apply under 2145.

Have you identified why you were deemed ineligible ?
Because if this is your work experience as you entered it in your profile, your work experience wasn't the problem, because you definitely meet the work experience requirements.

Gauripriya

Aug 22, 2016
Is it possible to change NOC Code after submission and EE number has been generated...I wrongly selected that and don't know the consequences

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gauripriya said:
Is it possible to change NOC Code after submission and EE number has been generated...I wrongly selected that and don't know the consequences
Yes, I think you can.

G4r3l

Sep 24, 2016
Well, I have entered a new application today. So far my score is 393 and under ITA says: Not Available but at least Minimum Criteria says: MET. Not sure what will be the likelihood of me getting anywhere with this whole Canadian deal, but that would be it.

My IELTS score is: Reading: 8.0, Listening & Speaking 7.5 and Writing: 6.5. I decided not to sit again for the exam as the extra points of rising the 6.5 (and effort) are not worth it, I think, since that would mean I have to pay for the exam again.

I take all suggestions.
Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
G4r3l said:
Well, I have entered a new application today. So far my score is 393 and under ITA says: Not Available but at least Minimum Criteria says: MET. Not sure what will be the likelihood of me getting anywhere with this whole Canadian deal, but that would be it.

My IELTS score is: Reading: 8.0, Listening & Speaking 7.5 and Writing: 6.5. I decided not to sit again for the exam as the extra points of rising the 6.5 (and effort) are not worth it, I think, since that would mean I have to pay for the exam again.

I take all suggestions.
Thanks
You're not going to get an ITA with that score. So your only real options are to improve your CRS somehow, or go for PNP.

G4r3l

Sep 24, 2016
What does this mean?

Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification.... I got my CES from U of T, not sure how can I add points here!

Thanks.

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Skills Transferability is a set of points you get for having certain CLB and certain work degree and/or canadian work experience.

For example if your CLB is 7 and you have one post secondary degree, you get 13 points.

G4r3l

Sep 24, 2016
I do have Skill Transferability for Education (25 pts) and for Foreign Work Experience (25). I have 0 points for Certificate of Qualifications, which I do not know what does it mean, nor I know how to get those points.

Thanks

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
From CIC's website

What is a certificate of qualification for the Federal Skilled Trades Program?
It proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade in Canada. This means that they:

have passed a certification exam, and
meet all the requirements to practice their trade in that province or territory.
This document is issued by the body that governs trades in a Canadian province or territory.

Depending on the province, this certificate may be called a “certificate of qualification” or a “qualification certificate.”

G4r3l

Sep 24, 2016
This does seem to be for trades and not for engineers, is this right? I am trying to somehow improve my 393. So far I have:

Level of Education: 135
First Official Language: 114
Skill Education: 25
Skill Foreign Work Experience: 25

My total score was 393. Not sure how to improve it to a level where I can be selected from the pool.

Everything else, I got a 0. Of course not having spouse I cannot add anything in that regard.

Thanks!

G4r3l

Sep 24, 2016
The thing is that I am basically a Petroleum Engineer. Besides Alberta, which seems like a pain in the neck to apply for, what do you think of Manitoba? Regardless, I am not sure how to approach the provincial nominee program. Any hints?

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
You an always choose a different province and move once you land. For both Alberta and Manitoba you need to have a relative already living there to be eligible to apply

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
G4r3l said:
The thing is that I am basically a Petroleum Engineer. Besides Alberta, which seems like a pain in the neck to apply for, what do you think of Manitoba? Regardless, I am not sure how to approach the provincial nominee program. Any hints?
Read the Summary of Eligibility requirements to find out which provinces you could be eligible for: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html