+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC job title is not matching

amankurali

Feb 27, 2017
Hello all,

I am new here. I am MBA Hospital management graduate from Panjab University, Chandigarh with two years experience in Public Health i.e One year as consultant Research officer at NIHFW and One year as Quality Monitoring officer at NRHM, Haryana. I will be thankful if someone can guide me regarding NOC for my profile.

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hello all,

I am new here. I am MBA Hospital management graduate from Panjab University, Chandigarh with two years experience in Public Health i.e One year as consultant Research officer at NIHFW and One year as Quality Monitoring officer at NRHM, Haryana. I will be thankful if someone can guide me regarding NOC for my profile.
Use below link to find out your NOC based on your Job responsibilities.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Oneka

Jul 8, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Help! I was employed as a district constable by the Jamaica Constabulary force but my duties matches public relations officer..what do I choose and how?

aspirantEE

Mar 31, 2018
Job Titles are incredibly subjective (I work in HR and my hiring/operational managers try to give people random job titles that have nothing to do with their job responsibilities all the time). I believe Canada is aware of this and that's why they have the NOC Code system.

My understanding is that it's the JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES that matter, not the job title, because of the subjectivity of assigning titles. Choose the NOC Code that matches your job responsibilities, regardless of the job title.

My job title is also under the exclusion list for my true NOC Code (based on the job functions and responsibilities) but that's because, based on Canada's assessment, I have the 'wrong' job title (based on a review of the responsibilities and functions). Look at the description for your job title that's on the exclusion list - if your functions and responsibilities don't match it, then that's not your job, regardless of the title.

If it really concerns you though, attach an LOE (letter of explanation) pointing to the fact that your job functions (as outlined in your employment reference letters) match the NOC code you selected, and asking that they disregard the job title to prevent any confusion.
Hello - My NOC Code matches 2282, based on my role and responsibilities - it is a match.

However, none of the Job Titles in my Offer-Letters have any of the example job titles for # 2282.

The job-titles which I have are (Assc. s/w engineer, s/w engnr, senior s/w engnr, Technical Lead).

Since my Job Title is a big mismatch to my Role & Duties, I need your help in identifying:-
1. should I go ahead and enter the Job Title as is there in my Offer Letter? Or I have to pick one from the example list?
2. I read LOE (letter of explanation) is mentioned above. What is the format of this letter? We have to present this letter at the time of ITA? In my case, is it needed?

The titles in the Example List are:-
  • analyst, systems technical support
  • call centre agent - technical support
  • client support representative - systems
  • computer help desk representative - systems
  • computer help desk supervisor
  • hardware installation technician
  • hardware technical support analyst
  • help desk agent, technical
  • help desk analyst - systems
  • help desk supervisor, computer
  • help desk technical agent
  • help desk technician
  • installation technician, hardware
  • installation technician, software
  • PC (personal computer) support analyst
  • software installation technician
  • software technical support analyst
  • supervisor, technical support
  • systems support representative
  • systems technical support analyst
  • technical help desk agent
  • technical support analyst - systems
  • technical support supervisor
  • user support technician

Last edited:

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
T
Hello - My NOC Code matches 2282, based on my role and responsibilities - it is a match.

However, none of the Job Titles in my Offer-Letters have any of the example job titles for # 2282.

The job-titles which I have are (Assc. s/w engineer, s/w engnr, senior s/w engnr, Technical Lead).

Since my Job Title is a big mismatch to my Role & Duties, I need your help in identifying:-
1. should I go ahead and enter the Job Title as is there in my Offer Letter? Or I have to pick one from the example list?
2. I read LOE (letter of explanation) is mentioned above. What is the format of this letter? We have to present this letter at the time of ITA? In my case, is it needed?

The titles in the Example List are:-
  • analyst, systems technical support
  • call centre agent - technical support
  • client support representative - systems
  • computer help desk representative - systems
  • computer help desk supervisor
  • hardware installation technician
  • hardware technical support analyst
  • help desk agent, technical
  • help desk analyst - systems
  • help desk supervisor, computer
  • help desk technical agent
  • help desk technician
  • installation technician, hardware
  • installation technician, software
  • PC (personal computer) support analyst
  • software installation technician
  • software technical support analyst
  • supervisor, technical support
  • systems support representative
  • systems technical support analyst
  • technical help desk agent
  • technical support analyst - systems
  • technical support supervisor
  • user support technician
The job titles don't really matter; only the job duties and responsibilities matter - use the job title that you have in the offer letter (you wouldn't want a discrepancy to occur if IRCC contacts your employer to verify the details).
Letters of explanation are something you can submit AFTER you get an ITA (when you're completing the eAPR (electronic application for permanent residency). It is optional and you only need to prepare one if you feel there is something in your application that you need to provide clarification on to IRCC - it is written in the format of a formal letter, and is unique to each situation (so there's no template available) - generally, it's advised to keep letters brief, clear, polite and appreciative.

kMadhu

Jul 10, 2018
I am a B.Com. graduate and currently working as an assistant accountant and according to the job duties my noc comes to 1111 but for noc 1111 the employment requirements states to possess a professional qualification like Chartered Accountant so what shall i do?

Mansaniroshan

Nov 8, 2018
Hi,

My job title is Senior process executive-voice.(accounts receivable analyst)
However my roles are accounts receivables and supervisor.
Is it okay of i choose my NOC code to be NOC 1212..
My only concern here is my title is executive but my role is lf a supervisor. Please suggest!

Rizwan0900

Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

My job title is Senior process executive-voice.(accounts receivable analyst)
However my roles are accounts receivables and supervisor.
Is it okay of i choose my NOC code to be NOC 1212..
My only concern here is my title is executive but my role is lf a supervisor. Please suggest!
Hi, can you advise what did you do in your case ..

Jan 11, 2019
hello everyone
need ur sincere advice

i am in govt sector. my current designation is staff nurse but i am working in govt college of nursing on the vacant post of nursing tutor .
my department will give me experience on the name of staff nurse not nursing tutor though my job responsibilities are of nursing tutor
moreover i have filled the code of tutor and got ITA also
so kindly advice me what should i do
can i attach notarized explanation letter that i am working on the vacant post of nursing tutor
plz

sregina

Jun 27, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have this job title with this job description, but I am not sure about the NOC code for this one. Could you please help me!! I appreciate your help. Thank you.

IT Equipment Coordinator:

Responsibilities

• Allocation and maintenance of IT equipment throughout the Fulfillment Center.
  • IT Equipment Coordinators are also responsible for the RMA and repair process for all devices under warranty.
  • The IT Equipment Coordinator is a member of the larger IT team within the Fulfillment Center and will specifically support the IT Support Technicians and IT Support Engineers in daily projects and activities as directed.
  • This position reports directly to the IT manager for the Fulfillment Center.

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
The key thing is the job duties. The organizational designations are interchangeable. Match the duties in the NOC to the duties outlined in your job description and use that NOC.
Hey there member,
what if the duties on the exp letter matches two nocs. What needs to be done.

kjp1929

Feb 4, 2021
Hi All,

I am little bit confused about my Job title.
My job duties and responsibilities matched with NOC Code 1311, but my job title is different in my job letter.

I just want to know that it is mandatory to match NOC code and job title??

Please help I RECEIVED MY ITA.
Please help,

Thanks in advance.

Samirpanara86

Sep 11, 2020
Hi All,

My job duties and responsibilities matched with NOC Code 1311, but my job title is different in my job letter.

Please help,

Thanks in advance.
did you Receive your PR after ITA??
I have the same case. My job title is executive-pharmacist but actually I perform the duties of typical pharmacist in hospital like counseling, dispensing medicines, ward round participation and all that mentioned in NOC code. should I provide any further information about since the hospital has given me different title?????

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi All,

Please help,

Thanks in advance.
No never , titles are like dog names.

the visa officer is only going to match what is mentioned in the lead statement and duties and responsibilities of the NOC.

Even employment requirements are not to be considered

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
did you Receive your PR after ITA??
I have the same case. My job title is executive-pharmacist but actually I perform the duties of typical pharmacist in hospital like counseling, dispensing medicines, ward round participation and all that mentioned in NOC code. should I provide any further information about since the hospital has given me different title?????
No never , titles are like dog names.

the visa officer is only going to match what is mentioned in the lead statement and duties and responsibilities of the NOC.

Even employment requirements are not to be considered