+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC job title is not matching

parondvo

Dec 8, 2015
Hey everyone,

If my position states Administrator can I apply for records management Technician NOC 1253, as the example job titles are completely different. Here is the NOC code

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1253&val65=*

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The key thing is the job duties. The organizational designations are interchangeable. Match the duties in the NOC to the duties outlined in your job description and use that NOC.

parondvo

Dec 8, 2015
I know but, the problem is that Job title is completely different from NOC code titles. They are not even similar

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per the post, it does not matter. Select the NOC code which matches your job duties. Then state your job title (even if it's not a title listed in the NOC).

mic wang

Feb 11, 2016
you don't need provide NOC code when apply , they will looking for your NOC by using your job duties, so that is the main thing , lots of companies not even know what is NOC , so if you put your NOC in the employment letter , it will seems a little bit "fake ", let VO match your duties and title , good luck

parondvo

Dec 8, 2015
mic wang said:
you don't need provide NOC code when apply , they will looking for your NOC by using your job duties, so that is the main thing , lots of companies not even know what is NOC , so if you put your NOC in the employment letter , it will seems a little bit "fake ", let VO match your duties and title , good luck
But you need to provide NOC code when filling express entry profile

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parondvo said:
Look, I'm trying to help you as much as I can. However if you don't want my help and choose to ignore what I say then do as you please.

Btw, this is not my fault I am trying to legitimately help you (voluntarily) and without asking for anything in return but in this case all I can say is do what you please and see where it leads you.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parondvo said:
CIC looks for your job duties and responsibilities while deciding your NOC. Your title is not important. However, I understand your concern as you have to put NOC code in your profile. To be safe and sure send an email to HRSDC mentioning your duties and responsibilities. They will review your duties and match them with their NOC database. After the review, they will contact you with your NOC code.

Follow this link for this process: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/SendUsEmail.aspx

Hope it helps, All the best.

Rama Rajput

May 29, 2017
CIC looks for your job duties and responsibilities while deciding your NOC. Your title is not important. However, I understand your concern as you have to put NOC code in your profile. To be safe and sure send an email to HRSDC mentioning your duties and responsibilities. They will review your duties and match them with their NOC database. After the review, they will contact you with your NOC code.

Follow this link for this process: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/SendUsEmail.aspx

Hope it helps, All the best.
Is there any charges for this process?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello all,
In My case, My Job title is that of 2173 but i actually work with job responsibilities of 2175.
Here, http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2173&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4
they have specifically mentioned that for 2173 NOC, 2175 is in exclusion List. What should i do in this case? Thanks in advance

Job Titles are incredibly subjective (I work in HR and my hiring/operational managers try to give people random job titles that have nothing to do with their job responsibilities all the time). I believe Canada is aware of this and that's why they have the NOC Code system.

My understanding is that it's the JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES that matter, not the job title, because of the subjectivity of assigning titles. Choose the NOC Code that matches your job responsibilities, regardless of the job title.

My job title is also under the exclusion list for my true NOC Code (based on the job functions and responsibilities) but that's because, based on Canada's assessment, I have the 'wrong' job title (based on a review of the responsibilities and functions). Look at the description for your job title that's on the exclusion list - if your functions and responsibilities don't match it, then that's not your job, regardless of the title.

If it really concerns you though, attach an LOE (letter of explanation) pointing to the fact that your job functions (as outlined in your employment reference letters) match the NOC code you selected, and asking that they disregard the job title to prevent any confusion.

Pk2can

Aug 14, 2017
Job Titles are incredibly subjective (I work in HR and my hiring/operational managers try to give people random job titles that have nothing to do with their job responsibilities all the time). I believe Canada is aware of this and that's why they have the NOC Code system.

My understanding is that it's the JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES that matter, not the job title, because of the subjectivity of assigning titles. Choose the NOC Code that matches your job responsibilities, regardless of the job title.

My job title is also under the exclusion list for my true NOC Code (based on the job functions and responsibilities) but that's because, based on Canada's assessment, I have the 'wrong' job title (based on a review of the responsibilities and functions). Look at the description for your job title that's on the exclusion list - if your functions and responsibilities don't match it, then that's not your job, regardless of the title.

If it really concerns you though, attach an LOE (letter of explanation) pointing to the fact that your job functions (as outlined in your employment reference letters) match the NOC code you selected, and asking that they disregard the job title to prevent any confusion.
Hello crescent_jam,
Thanks for the advice. Attaching LOE sounds good. I will try that

rose.emmy

Feb 23, 2018
Hi,
I have entered EE with NOC 2173. But I am a Business Analyst. Can I create a profile in Job Bank with NOC 2171 as Analyst duties are mentioned there. Thank you...

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,
I have entered EE with NOC 2173. But I am a Business Analyst. Can I create a profile in Job Bank with NOC 2171 as Analyst duties are mentioned there. Thank you...
You're not really supposed to have more that one profile. Which is your true NOC? 2173 or 2171? Because that's really all that matters. If you get an ITA on the wrong NOC Code, you risk CIC rejecting any PR Application you submit.

rose.emmy

Feb 23, 2018
You're not really supposed to have more that one profile. Which is your true NOC? 2173 or 2171? Because that's really all that matters. If you get an ITA on the wrong NOC Code, you risk CIC rejecting any PR Application you submit.
Thank you for your response. My Express entry profile NOC is 2173. But my experience is spanned across 2173 and 2171. So, in the Job bank profile, I am searching jobs with both NOC 2171 and 2173 as there's a provision to add my experience under multiple NOC and when I do that I am getting job listings from both the NOCs.