+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Job duties. Should I raise CSE?

morimotoyoshi86

Feb 28, 2019
Hello.

I have recently submitted my application. My NOC is 2151 ( Architect).
I have mentioned 3 jobs in my application for which the tenure is as follows:
Job 1 - 7 months
Job 2 - 7.5 months
Job 3 - 7 months (currently working)

I now feel that my job duties for Job 1 do not match substantially with the duties mentioned under the NOC 2151. The duties mentioned in the reference letter that I have submitted with my application match with about only 40% of the duties. I am planning to raise a CSE with updated reference letter in which additional duties will be mentioned (which I have actually performed) so that at least 70% duties match. I would like to know what you guys think about the duties.

Following is the extract from the NOC 2151 page:
Architects conceptualize, plan and develop designs for the construction and renovation of commercial, institutional and residential buildings. They are employed by architectural firms, private corporations and governments, or they may be self-employed.

Main duties
Architects perform some or all of the following duties:

• Consult with clients to determine the type, style and purpose of renovations or new building construction being considered
  • Conceptualize and design buildings and develop plans describing design specifications, building materials, costs and construction schedules
  • Prepare sketches and models for clients
  • Prepare or supervise the preparation of drawings, specifications and other construction documents for use by contractors and tradespersons
  • Prepare bidding documents, participate in contract negotiations and award construction contracts
  • Monitor activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications
  • Conduct feasibility studies and financial analyses of building projects.
Architects may specialize in a particular type of construction such as residential, commercial, industrial or institutional.

And following is what is mentioned in my reference letter:
This is to certify that XYZ was employed with ABC. She has carried out several duties as an architect during the course of her employment some of which include:
• RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority) compliance and registration of ongoing projects. This includes registering the ongoing projects under this Act and filling forms with project details. Preparation of quarterly updates of the project i.e preparing Architect’s Certificate with percentage completion of work on the site, Engineers Certificate with updated expenditures incurred during construction and CA Certificate with updated sales figures.
• Work on architectural and sanction drawings required for EC (Environmental Clearance) and IGBC (Indian Green Building Council).
• Calculation and checking of built up area and carpet areas as per local bye – laws.
• Documentation of drawings and preparation of project reports for individual projects.
• Prepare client presentations and coordinate submissions for client review.
• Keep record of all local building bye-laws and prepare necessary documents for the same.
• Coordinate with internal departments and vendors for project compliance, updating data record and preparation of architectural drawings.

I have a few questions.
1. What do you think of my reference letter, do the duties match enough?
2. I am planning to add 2 more duties and raise a CSE with an updated letter. Will it look suspicious if I add more duties and submit a new reference letter?
3. I am also planning to get a declaration from the company stating that they had missed a few duties in the previous letter and are issuing a new reference letter. Will this be enough?
4. If we disregard Job 1, the other 2 jobs still account for 1 year experience, which the amount for which I have claimed points. In cases like these, will the case office ignore Job 1 and just consider Job 2 and Job 3, or will he reject the application?

Sorry for the long post. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
No gaps between any jobs. Left previous job at the end of the week and joined next one immediately on Monday.
Ok in that case why r u bothered about your job 1. U have received points for FSW 1 year not 2 and it can be evident from your last two jobs. For EE 1 or 2 years experience give u same points. The worst that could happen is VO won’t consider job 1 as relevant and discard it. Still your other two jobs will be good enough to compensate for the experience for which u got points

morimotoyoshi86

Feb 28, 2019
Ok in that case why r u bothered about your job 1. U have received points for FSW 1 year not 2 and it can be evident from your last two jobs. For EE 1 or 2 years experience give u same points. The worst that could happen is VO won’t consider job 1 as relevant and discard it. Still your other two jobs will be good enough to compensate for the experience for which u got points
I am worried that the Case Officer will think that the duties don’t match with the NOC for job 1 and subsequently will reject the application.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I am worried that the Case Officer will think that the duties don’t match with the NOC for job 1 and subsequently will reject the application.
No I don’t think so. Imo raising a cse and providing additional job duties may raise some concerns about the authenticity of your reference letter

morimotoyoshi86

Feb 28, 2019
No I don’t think so. Imo raising a cse and providing additional job duties may raise some concerns about the authenticity of your reference letter
I have the same concern. I am planning to submit a declaration from the company as well stating that a few duties were missing from the previous letter and that they are reissuing the same letter but including the missing duties. Also in the letter that I have submitted, it says
She has carried out several duties as an architect during the course of her employment some of which include:”
, guess that will help.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I have the same concern. I am planning to submit a declaration from the company as well stating that a few duties were missing from the previous letter and that they are reissuing the same letter but including the missing duties. Also in the letter that I have submitted, it says
She has carried out several duties as an architect during the course of her employment some of which include:”
, guess that will help.
If that’s what make u comfortable, go ahead and do it. But I would say again whether ur job 1 is factored in or not u r just fine with 14 months of relevant experience.