+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for IT Product Manager job?

s.kat

Aug 25, 2020
Hi,

I work as an Associate Product Manager in a Software company.
Which NOC would my job fall into?

My job responsibilities are the below:

>> Market Research

* Research and work with various partners internally and externally to identify needs of

international markets

* Identify gaps for various markets and create plans to localise features for different markets

>> Strategy

* Participate in the release planning and scoping processes that determine the product road-map

* Articulate the product roadmap to internal stake-holders

* As part of product planning phase, work with the Product team to define and describe the ideal /

stereotype users that represent the product/feature planned for development

>> Product Requirement Delivery

* Author detailed product requirements and develop use case documentation

* Collect, document, and manage enhancement requests from internal and external sources

* Work with project team members to collaboratively develop end-to- end process flows and test

cases

* Maintain updated product and system documentation as changes are made along the

development cycle

* Hands-on functional testing and validation of business requirements and system functionality

* Ensure that all required metrics are collected in time and are of excellent quality

* Report the status of projects and assignments including the risks and mitigation plans to the

senior management regularly and in a timely manner

* Ensure clear understanding of the specifications by Engineering and QE teams and provide the

support required for these teams to ensure timely delivery in good quality

* Review and ensure robust test scenarios and cases in QE

* Collaborate with User Experience team to ensure usability deliverables coincide with the

Functional design time-lines

* Collaborate with the Technical Publications team to ensure the delivery of all documents in good

quality and on time

* Involve in user testing to ensure the content and features of various product meet consumer

asks

I believe it is either of the below NOC codes but none matches completely. After extensive research, I have come to believe there is no NOC code for this job.

NOC 0213 - Computer and information systems managers
noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=0213

NIC 2171 - Information systems analysts and consultants
noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2171

Please guide. Thanks in advance.
Hey .. i see queries but no confirmation on what people finally chose! Can you confirm what did you choose?

M151R151

Mar 3, 2021
I selected 2171 as a job code, I am a Product Manager in a Software company - I build features, Product Requirements, Collaborating with designers, Execution with Developers. Product Vision and Strategy, Dealing with Customer service to get customer problems solved, etc.

Please confirm if i selected the correct job code
@hassanjw I have a similar role. Did you get accepted with 2171?

Alicects

Apr 29, 2021
Hey, also an APM here, and I just saw at noc's this for NOC 0601
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=5M19/IjqYUk7DkEyRz9lb7JadLKn1c6tfUS1Yx9G00CrzTDxsC68saC5HxQwQZ8H

Under Index of titles

Account manager - sales
Area sales manager
Channel sales manager
Commercial accounts manager
Corporate sales manager
Distribution manager - sales
Divisional sales manager
Electronic commerce (e-commerce) sales manager
Export sales manager
Field sales manager
Key accounts manager - sales
National accounts manager - sales
National sales manager
Package tour sales manager
Product manager
Regional manager - sales
Regional sales director
Regional sales manager
Retail district manager
Sales administrator
Sales and distribution manager
Sales director (except retail and wholesale)
Sales district manager (except insurance and real estate)
Sales manager (except retail and wholesale)
Sales planning manager
Territory manager - sales
Trade expansion m anager
Zone manager - sales

M151R151

Mar 3, 2021
Hey, also an APM here, and I just saw at noc's this for NOC 0601
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=5M19/IjqYUk7DkEyRz9lb7JadLKn1c6tfUS1Yx9G00CrzTDxsC68saC5HxQwQZ8H

Under Index of titles

Account manager - sales
Area sales manager
Channel sales manager
Commercial accounts manager
Corporate sales manager
Distribution manager - sales
Divisional sales manager
Electronic commerce (e-commerce) sales manager
Export sales manager
Field sales manager
Key accounts manager - sales
National accounts manager - sales
National sales manager
Package tour sales manager
Product manager
Regional manager - sales
Regional sales director
Regional sales manager
Retail district manager
Sales administrator
Sales and distribution manager
Sales director (except retail and wholesale)
Sales district manager (except insurance and real estate)
Sales manager (except retail and wholesale)
Sales planning manager
Territory manager - sales
Trade expansion m anager
Zone manager - sales
Hey! It's best to go with the NOC with the duties and responsibilities that best match your role(s), as opposed to the job title examples. The immigration officer bases their decision on the duties and responsibilities.

Reactions: classico33

tavern22

Jun 9, 2021
Hi Guys,
I am also a Product Manager. It would be great if someone can answer these questions
1. Please let me know which NOC code you used.
2. Also, did anybody apply to SINP and got approval with that NOC code?
Thanks so much!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys,
I am also a Product Manager. It would be great if someone can answer these questions
1. Please let me know which NOC code you used.
2. Also, did anybody apply to SINP and got approval with that NOC code?
Thanks so much!!
1. NOC is based on your job responsibilities not title.
2. Go on the SINP site and check draws to see if your NOC and SINP score are selected.

M151R151

Mar 3, 2021
You definitely should go with the NOC that best matches your job responsibilities rather than your job title, though I appreciate there aren't many NOCs that neatly match the responsibilities of a product manager.

That said, it might be helpful for some of you to know I used NOC 2171 (Information systems analysts and consultants) for my experience as Associate Product Owner. I also included with my supporting documents a letter outlining why NOC 2171 best matched my job responsibilities, and I even wrote that I consulted with my manager at the time, who examined several NOC codes and agreed NOC 2171 most closely resembles my role.

tavern22

Jun 9, 2021
You definitely should go with the NOC that best matches your job responsibilities rather than your job title, though I appreciate there aren't many NOCs that neatly match the responsibilities of a product manager.

That said, it might be helpful for some of you to know I used NOC 2171 (Information systems analysts and consultants) for my experience as Associate Product Owner. I also included with my supporting documents a letter outlining why NOC 2171 best matched my job responsibilities, and I even wrote that I consulted with my manager at the time, who examined several NOC codes and agreed NOC 2171 most closely resembles my role.
Great information M151R151!! Did you apply in express entry or PNP? If PNP, which one?

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022

Could you share your roles and responsibilities and why it matches with 2171?

M151R151

Mar 3, 2021
Could you share your roles and responsibilities and why it matches with 2171?
Here are my duties and responsibilities:
  • Own the development of [COMPANY NAME]’s product features, alongside the Director of Product Management
  • Capture insights from research, client feedback, and data trends
  • Analyse those insights to identify and advise on opportunities for improving client experience
  • Collaborate between internal stakeholders to devise functional software solutions and create projects based on those solutions
  • Decide on the order in which those projects should be worked on
  • Coordinate the implementation of projects by creating requirements documents and setting project timelines for the software engineering team
  • Represent the stakeholders of each project throughout the development process
  • Perform quality assurance and quality control testing on new product features
  • Create company-wide training material and handle communications of updated software
  • Respond to issues that arise
  • Liaise with the software engineering team to ensure maintenance of computer systems
And see below what I wrote in the above-mentioned letter I included with my application. It aligns with points made in the NOC main duties.
I worked with the software development team as we represented “the voice of [COMPANY NAME]’s clients” for the requirements of [COMPANY NAME]’s software. I liaised with clients and client-facing stakeholders - and analyzed their interactions with [COMPANY NAME]'s website and ordering system - to identify client needs and find solutions to improve client experience. I also analyzed [COMPANY NAME]'s internal computer system and communication methods used by the operations and support teams to provide solutions towards improving [COMPANY NAME]'s service delivery. I designed solutions in product requirements documents and worked with our software developers to build these solutions, before conducting quality assurance testing ahead of deployment. Upon deployment, I provided updates and training on the implemented solutions and I responded to any subsequent issues that arose.