+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for IT Product Manager job?

pbhoot

Mar 28, 2017
Hi,

I work as an Associate Product Manager in a Software company.
Which NOC would my job fall into?

My job responsibilities are the below:

>> Market Research

* Research and work with various partners internally and externally to identify needs of

international markets

* Identify gaps for various markets and create plans to localise features for different markets

>> Strategy

* Participate in the release planning and scoping processes that determine the product road-map

* Articulate the product roadmap to internal stake-holders

* As part of product planning phase, work with the Product team to define and describe the ideal /

stereotype users that represent the product/feature planned for development

>> Product Requirement Delivery

* Author detailed product requirements and develop use case documentation

* Collect, document, and manage enhancement requests from internal and external sources

* Work with project team members to collaboratively develop end-to- end process flows and test

cases

* Maintain updated product and system documentation as changes are made along the

development cycle

* Hands-on functional testing and validation of business requirements and system functionality

* Ensure that all required metrics are collected in time and are of excellent quality

* Report the status of projects and assignments including the risks and mitigation plans to the

senior management regularly and in a timely manner

* Ensure clear understanding of the specifications by Engineering and QE teams and provide the

support required for these teams to ensure timely delivery in good quality

* Review and ensure robust test scenarios and cases in QE

* Collaborate with User Experience team to ensure usability deliverables coincide with the

Functional design time-lines

* Collaborate with the Technical Publications team to ensure the delivery of all documents in good

quality and on time

* Involve in user testing to ensure the content and features of various product meet consumer

asks

I believe it is either of the below NOC codes but none matches completely. After extensive research, I have come to believe there is no NOC code for this job.

NOC 0213 - Computer and information systems managers
noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=0213

NIC 2171 - Information systems analysts and consultants
noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2171

Please guide. Thanks in advance.

bskap

May 17, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
pbhoot said:
Hi,

>> Market Research

* Research and work with various partners internally and externally to identify needs of

international markets

* Identify gaps for various markets and create plans to localise features for different markets

>> Strategy

* Participate in the release planning and scoping processes that determine the product road-map

* As part of product planning phase, work with the Product team to define and describe the ideal /

* Collect, document, and manage enhancement requests from internal and external sources

* Work with project team members to collaboratively develop end-to- end process flows and test

cases

* Maintain updated product and system documentation as changes are made along the

development cycle

* Hands-on functional testing and validation of business requirements and system functionality

* Ensure that all required metrics are collected in time and are of excellent quality

* Report the status of projects and assignments including the risks and mitigation plans to the

* Ensure clear understanding of the specifications by Engineering and QE teams and provide the

* Collaborate with User Experience team to ensure usability deliverables coincide with the

* Collaborate with the Technical Publications team to ensure the delivery of all documents in good

quality and on time

* Involve in user testing to ensure the content and features of various product meet consumer

asks

I believe it is either of the below NOC codes but none matches completely. After extensive research, I have come to believe there is no NOC code for this job.

I think this is NOC 0213, Duties does not have to match 100%, 3-4 duties are enough. Moreover, if your employer is supporting, then he can alter your experience letter or offer letter.

Moreover, your duties are matching NOC 0213.

software development manager
computer systems manager

are quite similar

+1 if this helps you.

Reactions: hajihd

cs5050206

Jan 4, 2017
I am also a Product Manager in Software company having 6 year of experience. I have recently created my EE profile and used NOC 601: Corporate Sales Manager for myself. This NOC has exact product manager title. I did some research on Job bank and found that employer are posting jobs for product manager under this NOC only.

But I also thing NOC 213 Computer and information systems managers also matches with product manager roles and responsibilities. One can use that as well based upon his/her choices.

Any comments/suggestion?

Reactions: 8Everything

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
HI,

also a product manager for an e-commerce company. I do not think 0601 has any main responsibilities that match a tech product managers role. I am confused between 0213 and 0124 (e-business manager).

The only issue is that 0124 has 4 lines about responsibilities of e-business managers that seems to narrow to match job description too.

I am also a Product Manager in Software company having 6 year of experience. I have recently created my EE profile and used NOC 601: Corporate Sales Manager for myself. This NOC has exact product manager title. I did some research on Job bank and found that employer are posting jobs for product manager under this NOC only.

But I also thing NOC 213 Computer and information systems managers also matches with product manager roles and responsibilities. One can use that as well based upon his/her choices.

Any comments/suggestion?

sriraj

Dec 31, 2018
Hi,

>> Market Research

international markets

>> Strategy

cases

development cycle

quality and on time

asks

Which NOC did you choose finally for the above responsibilities?

Nikhil2710

Jun 10, 2019

Any comments/suggestion?
I am also a PM and researching about the NOC code to be applied by me. Did you face any problem when you went with 601? Of all the NOC codes 601 seems closest as it has PM title as a part of it and in JD there is a line about launching new product lines and strategy around it etc.

Nikhil2710

Jun 10, 2019
I think this is NOC 0213, Duties does not have to match 100%, 3-4 duties are enough. Moreover, if your employer is supporting, then he can alter your experience letter or offer letter.

Moreover, your duties are matching NOC 0213.

software development manager
computer systems manager

are quite similar

+1 if this helps you.
I am working as product manager in digital marketing domain. Can I use 0601 as the code? What are your thoughts on this. Please let me know

Abhi93@cv

Sep 23, 2019
Hey Everyone,

I have just completed 1 year as Product Management Associate in 2 different companies (6 months each, same responsibilities) ...Do I need to put a letter from both the employers?

Also, Can I use NOC 0213? I'm skeptical about as it says "generally people in this NOC code have years of experience" and on the contrary, I only have a year of experience.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

hassanjw

Oct 19, 2019
I selected 2171 as a job code, I am a Product Manager in a Software company - I build features, Product Requirements, Collaborating with designers, Execution with Developers. Product Vision and Strategy, Dealing with Customer service to get customer problems solved, etc.

Please confirm if i selected the correct job code

SowmyPT

May 28, 2020
Hi All
I'm a product manager currently for Insurance products. I work on digitizing offline Insurance products, bring new products,Provide User requirements, review BRS, coordinate with UI team, development team, with top management for new product approval, UAT, customer service for new products launched, etc .I have been working in this role for 4 years now.

Prior to this I was a branch manager, managing entire branch operations and administration for 5 years.

Can someone help me what code I should choose?

s.kat

Aug 25, 2020
I selected 2171 as a job code, I am a Product Manager in a Software company - I build features, Product Requirements, Collaborating with designers, Execution with Developers. Product Vision and Strategy, Dealing with Customer service to get customer problems solved, etc.

Please confirm if i selected the correct job code
Can you confirm if your EE application went smoothly?