+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Finalization

nvacharya

Apr 24, 2016
Guys,

Any idea, in which code will the EPC Project Planner fit?
My Education is Electronics Engineering

Duties mentioned in the Electronics NOC 2133 are for Engineering Systems and energy etc. How ever I perform major of those roles but for Oil Related Engineering Works.
In the lead statement, they have included Planning as a major role which is a positive point.
Also my Education requirement matches.

Can I go ahead with 2133 i.e. Electrical and Electronics Engineers.

Thanks in advance

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nvacharya said:
Guys,

Any idea, in which code will the EPC Project Planner fit?
My Education is Electronics Engineering

Duties mentioned in the Electronics NOC 2133 are for Engineering Systems and energy etc. How ever I perform major of those roles but for Oil Related Engineering Works.
In the lead statement, they have included Planning as a major role which is a positive point.
Also my Education requirement matches.

Can I go ahead with 2133 i.e. Electrical and Electronics Engineers.

Thanks in advance
While selecting the NOC, the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC should be a close match with the actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you at the respective job. You need not match the duties and responsibilities word by word, but the idea is to have the closest match in terms of the spirit of the duties and responsibilities (at least 60%-70% match).

Also, NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list.

nvacharya

Apr 24, 2016
Hello Stanlee,

thanx for your prompt response.

My present Work duties match the duties mentioned in the NOC description. Just wanted to check that the NOC duties are mentioned in regards to Electronics and Systems Works and designs. However I surely perform 50% to 60% of these same duties but in Oil related engineering Works.

this will not be an issue right??

The additional advantage is
1) my title matches
2) my education matches the required education for this NOC

Appreciate your inputs as always

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nvacharya said:
Hello Stanlee,

thanx for your prompt response.

My present Work duties match the duties mentioned in the NOC description. Just wanted to check that the NOC duties are mentioned in regards to Electronics and Systems Works and designs. However I surely perform 50% to 60% of these same duties but in Oil related engineering Works.

this will not be an issue right??

The additional advantage is
1) my title matches
2) my education matches the required education for this NOC

Appreciate your inputs as always

Thanks
I may not be able to specifically comment on your case, but what I understand is that in your case only the industry that you work in is different. If it is only the industry, then personally, I do not think it would be a problem. However, still if you need an expert opinion, I would suggest that you write to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your duties and responsibilities, they will help you find the closest fit.

nana67

May 6, 2017
Hi guys
I have bachelors degree in english litreture but i have worked in a hotel and my noc is 6313, do u think it would cause a problem, saying they are not related?