+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC employment requirements

imsherlocked

Sep 26, 2017
Hi,

I match the Duties for NOC 1111 , with my current roles and responsibilities, but I do not have the employment requirements mentioned i.e I am not a Chartered Accountant, but an MBA . Should I still select NOC 1111 ? Does the employment requirements matter for NOC selection ?

Thanks a lot.

abbasi123

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,

I match the Duties for NOC 1111 , with my current roles and responsibilities, but I do not have the employment requirements mentioned i.e I am not a Chartered Accountant, but an MBA . Should I still select NOC 1111 ? Does the employment requirements matter for NOC selection ?

Thanks a lot.
Hi,
As far as I have learnt on this forum, it doesn't matter if NOC code is not matching with the education. However, advice from seniors is recommended. I am also applying under NOC 1111 -Financial Auditor and I am an ACCA. Are you applying as an accountant or financial auditor?

meghac31

Mar 4, 2018
Hi,

Thanks a lot.
I have the same question! Trying to ascertain if not having a professional certification is a roadblock for applicants trying to apply under 1111 NOC code. Could anyone who had a similar experience and still got a PR help?

imsherlocked

Sep 26, 2017
I have the same question! Trying to ascertain if not having a professional certification is a roadblock for applicants trying to apply under 1111 NOC code. Could anyone who had a similar experience and still got a PR help?
That's ok. Go ahead. :) the MBA will work. It did for me

marwahshubham

Mar 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am working with KPMG as a senior auditor and have same roles & responsibilities mention in this code (1111 - Financial manager & Auditors).However, I am just a graduate (BBA) & does not qualify with the employment requirement mentioned in this code.
Also, I have checked every other code given for accountants & auditors but my roles & responsibilities does not match with anyone apart from NOC 1111
Am i eligible to apply under this code?

Thanks!

marwahshubham

Mar 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am working with KPMG as a senior auditor and have same roles & responsibilities mention in this code (1111 - Financial manager & Auditors).However, I am just a graduate (BBA) & does not qualify with the employment requirement mentioned in this code.
Also, I have checked every other code given for accountants & auditors but my roles & responsibilities does not match with anyone apart from NOC 1111
Am i eligible to apply under this code?

Thanks!
Hi @scylla @Leon @PMM & other seniors,

Could you please shed some light on this?
NOC 1111 requires the below mentioned qualifications, however I am just a graduate (BBA -Bachelors in Business Administration) & stand nowhere with these professionals.
  • Chartered accountants require a university degree and Completion of a professional training program approved by a provincial institute of chartered accountants and, depending on the province, either two years or 30 months of on-the-job training and Membership in a provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants upon successful completion of the Uniform Evaluation (UFE).
  • Certified general accountants and certified management accountants require a university degree and Completion of a training program approved by the Society of Certified General Accountants or Society of Management Accountants and several years of on-the-job training and Certification by the Certified General Accountants Association or the Society of Management Accountants.
  • Auditors require education, training and recognition as indicated for chartered accountants, certified general accountants or certified management accountants and Some experience as an accountant.
  • Auditors may require recognition by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
  • To act as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings, auditors and accountants must hold a licence as a trustee in bankruptcy.
  • Licensing by the provincial or territorial governing body is usually required for accountants and auditors practising public accounting.
Also, I have heard that not all but some NOC code requires "employment requirement" to match with the candidate profile and "NOC 1111 - Financial Accountant & Auditor" is one of that code.
I am ready with everything but just stuck on this part.
Please help me out guys.

Regards,
Shubham

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
The employment requirements that u see after each NOC code have been developed by employment and social development Canada which is not IRCC. What they mean is that in order to gain employment in this NOC u need to have these requirements. However, employment and education do not have to be compatible for u to be qualified for FSW program.

U can have more education with a job that requires only high school. Alternatively u can have only high school and doing some managerial work. Both the scenarios are quite common in Canada

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
CEC is even more easy. U can have PhD and working in a occupation whose second digit of NOC is 3. In short education doesn’t have to match with exeperience for both CEC and to moderately to greater extent for FSW

vikramjeetsaini

Sep 1, 2019
That's ok. Go ahead. :) the MBA will work. It did for me
BRO I APPLIED FOR WP IN NOC 1111 - ACCOUNTANT , MY JOB DUTIES ARE 100% MATCHING WITH MY LMIA LETTER AND JOB OFFER LETTER BUT I DONT KNOW WHY MY FILE REFUSED AND THEY HAVE GIVEN THE REASON THAT I WAS NOT ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THAT I CAN DO JOB DUTIES OF ACCOUNTANT, MAY BE I DOUBT THAT THEY NEED ANY CA, CPA ,CGA DEGREE . WHEREAS I HAVE WES APPROVED BCOM AND MBA IN FINANCE DEGREE

I DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE REASON

Simran135790

Dec 28, 2020
BRO I APPLIED FOR WP IN NOC 1111 - ACCOUNTANT , MY JOB DUTIES ARE 100% MATCHING WITH MY LMIA LETTER AND JOB OFFER LETTER BUT I DONT KNOW WHY MY FILE REFUSED AND THEY HAVE GIVEN THE REASON THAT I WAS NOT ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THAT I CAN DO JOB DUTIES OF ACCOUNTANT, MAY BE I DOUBT THAT THEY NEED ANY CA, CPA ,CGA DEGREE . WHEREAS I HAVE WES APPROVED BCOM AND MBA IN FINANCE DEGREE

I DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE REASON
Heyy vikramjit ! I am a fellow saini
And i wish to apply under noc 1111
Did you finally get pr under noc 1111
Would really appreciate a revert :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Heyy vikramjit ! I am a fellow saini
And i wish to apply under noc 1111
Did you finally get pr under noc 1111
Would really appreciate a revert :)
Since you have asked the same question to many people...your NOC has only to be skilled to applied for Express Entry. Doesn’t matter the NOC as long as you are eligible and have enough CRS points. For PNPs you may have an issues as some provinces have it as an ineligible occupation so EE is your best path.