+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC correspondance Canadian Experience Class

Charlene C.

Jan 10, 2018
Hello,

I need help to know if I can change my occupation during my first year of Canadian experience, in order to meet the NOC for my application with the Express Entry.

Since 4 months, I am Administrative Assistant, NOC 1241 class B.
But I have an offer for Assistant Event Manager. The duties of the occupation match perfectly with event co-ordinator NOC 1226 Class B. But they don't have the title of "Assistant Event co-ordinator/manager".

So when I will apply for the CEC and will give information about the NOC I meet,
Can I put Assistant Event manager with the NOC and duties that correspond, NOC 1226, even if the title doesn't exist for them. Or do I keep the NOC 1241, cause I am still Assistant, but in the Event field??

During the first year of CE, can we change NOC code, as soon as we are still in the same Class B?

Thank you in advance for your help, so I will know if I can change my job.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use several NOC's to meet the required year of experience in order to be eligible under the CEC program.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Choose the NOC that matches your duties/responsibilities, do not choose it based on your job title.

Charlene C.

Jan 10, 2018
Ok, sounds perfect then if I can do this.
I don't want to change me job, and realize that there is no NOC for this one.
Thank you for your help.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,
I need help to know if I can change my occupation during my first year of Canadian experience,
That depends on the type of work permit you have - do you have an open work permit?

Since 4 months, I am Administrative Assistant, NOC 1241 class B.
But I have an offer for Assistant Event Manager. The duties of the occupation match perfectly with event co-ordinator NOC 1226 Class B. But they don't have the title of "Assistant Event co-ordinator/manager".

Does not matter if your title is not on the list of examples (the list is not exhaustive). You do not match the job title, you match based on duties/responsibilities and the lead statement of the NOC.

So when I will apply for the CEC and will give information about the NOC I meet,
Can I put Assistant Event manager with the NOC and duties that correspond, NOC 1226, even if the title doesn't exist for them. Or do I keep the NOC 1241, cause I am still Assistant, but in the Event field??

During the first year of CE, can we change NOC code, as soon as we are still in the same Class B?

There is no requirement under CEC that you work in a single occupation. You can add different jobs with different NOCs and different NOC levels. It has to be a skilled NOC (Level O, A, or B), that is all.

You would list each job separately, using the appropriate NOC. For your "primary occupation," it really does not matter which one you choose.

Candoll

Aug 14, 2018
BC
Seniors please advise @DelPiero07

Just starting on my journey towards PR. Have some questions regarding applying in CEC. My previous NOC was 1221(admin coordinater) . I worked in Ontario for more than one year and 6 months after completing my two years study. Now I’m moving to BC and being offered a job in NOC 1211 (supervisor). My employer says if it is better for my file I can even officially work as an administrative assistant (same noc as before) I’m not sure if this makes a difference or not?

Is it advisable to change my NOC and province at this stage? If it will not have any negative effect on my file, I would definitely like to move to BC but I’m a bit apprehensive.

The company in BC is a registered fed ex distributor but it’s office is a residential address. Could this be a problem in future ?

Thank you in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Seniors please advise @DelPiero07
Just starting on my journey towards PR. Have some questions regarding applying in CEC. My previous NOC was 1221(admin coordinater) . I worked in Ontario for more than one year and 6 months after completing my two years study. Now I’m moving to BC and being offered a job in NOC 1211 (supervisor).

My employer says if it is better for my file I can even officially work as an administrative assistant (same noc as before) I’m not sure if this makes a difference or not?

Your employer is wrong. It makes no difference.

Is it advisable to change my NOC and province at this stage? Does not matter, as long as you are working in a skilled NOC (NOC level O, A, or B).

If it will not have any negative effect on my file, I would definitely like to move to BC but I’m a bit apprehensive.

The company in BC is a registered fed ex distributor but it’s office is a residential address. Could this be a problem in future ?
This has given some people trouble in the past. Does the company have a web presence? How many employees?

Candoll

Aug 14, 2018
BC
Thank you for the reply @DelPiero07

No, it doesn’t have any website. It has 5 employees and trucks that operates FedEx routes.
It is a registered company though.

Do you think this will be a problem?

Regards

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you for the reply

No, it doesn’t have any website. It has 5 employees and trucks that operates FedEx routes.
It is a registered company though.

Do you think this will be a problem?
It's possible that it might trigger some questions and extra paperwork, if the VO has trouble verifying that it is a legit company. (Possible. Might not happen at all). I have seen VOs ask for proof, such as a copy of the business registration, incorporation documents, business taxes - as long as your employer is willing to help you with this, then it would be OK.

Reactions: Candoll

Ikennali

Jul 31, 2018
I currently work at a Financial Institution (Credit Union) where I create and manage all the forms on an enterprise basis for the whole institution.

My issue is that Forms Management Officer is found under Administrative Officers - NOC code 1221 but the most of the duties listed under Administrative Officers except 2 of them do not relate to creation of forms as they talk broader admin work.

I am therefore scared that if I make reference to just the 2 and also add other duties which I perform.

My duties and responsibilities are:

I create, edit and manage all the forms used in the organization.

I also test the connectivity between the forms and our Banking systems.

I manage the forms by tagging, storing them and I grant permissions for use of the forms.

I also assemble various enterprise wide data and prepare reports on them.

I am involved in project planning. Create process maps and workflows.

I supervise management of documents andother records in the organization.

User application testing of our Banking System.

Unit testing of our Banking system.

Is it okay to just proceed with NOC 1221?

@DelPiero07 @jes_ON please help out.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I currently work at a Financial Institution (Credit Union) where I create and manage all the forms on an enterprise basis for the whole institution.

My issue is that Forms Management Officer is found under Administrative Officers - NOC code 1221 but the most of the duties listed under Administrative Officers except 2 of them do not relate to creation of forms as they talk broader admin work.

I am therefore scared that if I make reference to just the 2 and also add other duties which I perform.

My duties and responsibilities are:

I create, edit and manage all the forms used in the organization.

I also test the connectivity between the forms and our Banking systems.

I manage the forms by tagging, storing them and I grant permissions for use of the forms.

I also assemble various enterprise wide data and prepare reports on them.

I am involved in project planning. Create process maps and workflows.

I supervise management of documents andother records in the organization.

User application testing of our Banking System.

Unit testing of our Banking system.

Is it okay to just proceed with NOC 1221?

@DelPiero07 @jes_ON please help out.

1221 does not seem to fit what you do. Don't worry about job title, find the NOC that fits with your job duties and responsibilities - have you considered 2174? http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ViewAllTitlesQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2174&ver=16&val65=e-commerce

Dr.dhruv

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
CANADA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Can you please check out duties of my noc code 1221 as a Dental Office Coordinator for matching up lead statement and main duties?

My daily responsibilities include, but were not limited to the following:
• Coordinate dental inventory and control on dental office budget
• Manage in ordering of dental and office supplies and equipment as needed
• Oversee patient-management software (Tracker) and ensure accurate patient records including charting, client’s files, x-rays and treatment plans
• Prepare treatment plans and estimates for the patients as directed by Dentist
• Determine and establish standard dental operating procedures
• Set up dental office priorities including continuity of patient care and patient flow
• Coordinate day to day operations of dental office including facilities planning and utilization of resources
• Coordinate a daily schedule chart audit and make paper copies for each dental treatment room
• Update financial, medical and insurance information when a patient arrives
• Generate financial statements and daily end reports for Dentist
• Invoice patients for dental services according to insurance coverage as well as follow up with insurance company if needed
• Assist in scheduling and booking appointments
• Participate in staff meeting and staff training
• Maintain clear communication of issues within the dental unit
• Manage patient calls and inquiries about appointments, confirmations, reschedules and cancellations
• Advise the Dental Office Staffs or Health and Safety Representative on Occupational Health and Safety issues affecting clinic staff
• Understand and ensure RCDSO dental policies, practices and guidelines are adhered to within the dental office
• Respect and maintain confidentiality for all patients according to all applicable standards and the Privacy Act
• Participate in appropriate professionaldevelopment and continuing education as required
• Ensure storage, packaging and collection of infectious wastes/sharps in accordance with the dental office infection control/sharp