+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC confusion

Nov 11, 2019
Hey Guys ,

Just wanted to confirm something . I have experience in both manual software testing as well as automation testing. What would be my NOC ?

I have created profile with NOC code for both the above experiences as 2173.Just wanted to get some affirmation , since I came across a lot of cases of PR rejection due to experience r not matching with NOC code entered.

Kindly suggest..

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hey Guys ,

Just wanted to confirm something . I have experience in both manual software testing as well as automation testing. What would be my NOC ?

I have created profile with NOC code for both the above experiences as 2173.Just wanted to get some affirmation , since I came across a lot of cases of PR rejection due to experience r not matching with NOC code entered.

Kindly suggest..
Hi. While matching NOC code, make sure you do not chose NOC code based on your designation. It should be chosen based on how many points of the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC code matches with your actual duties written on your employment letter. Choose the NOC code whose duties match with your reference letters the most.
Secondly, don't worry about your designation title. That what your company assigned you. Use the job title mentioned on your reference letter. But pick the NOC code based on highest number duties being matched.

For example, my job title was Architect, but i used NOC code for Architectural technologists as my duties matched more with the second NOC code.

I hope it solves your query. Good luck!

Nov 11, 2019
Hi. While matching NOC code, make sure you do not chose NOC code based on your designation. It should be chosen based on how many points of the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC code matches with your actual duties written on your employment letter. Choose the NOC code whose duties match with your reference letters the most.
Secondly, don't worry about your designation title. That what your company assigned you. Use the job title mentioned on your reference letter. But pick the NOC code based on highest number duties being matched.

For example, my job title was Architect, but i used NOC code for Architectural technologists as my duties matched more with the second NOC code.

I hope it solves your query. Good luck!

Thanks for the response.

Can someone provide me suggestions on what would be NOC for the below roles and responsibilities sets?

Roles and responsibilities in Org A:

· Analysis of software requirements/user stories and development of test scenarios.

· Provide test estimations and develop software testing plans.

· Test automation feasibility analysis and design an automation framework using Squish and VB script.

· Develop and maintain automated test scripts.

· Report defects raised during test case execution and track them.

· Execute, analyze and document results of testing including a Test Summary Report.

· Prepare enhancement documents on the new functionality introduced in the application software.

Roles and responsibilities in org B:

§ Establish an automated test environment for user interface and non-user interface testing.

§ Design and implement an automation framework using Java and Selenium to improve test efficiency and improve reusability of code.

§ Create test scripts using element locators and selenium webdriver methods.

§ Integrate automated test cases into nightly build system using continuous integration.

§ Knowledge transfer to the team on current framework in place and different automation solutions provided to the client.

Would really appreciate the feedback?

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Focus on LEAD STATEMENT of NOC in particular LS must match 100% to your case.

Further jobs/duties may match around 70--80% . Doesnt matter .