+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code

chuchu

Mar 23, 2007
Hey I am a Network Engineer in one of the ISP. I work on routers/switches. I have 5 years of experience. And there are so many NOC codes which are really confusing.
Can you please advice me on my NOC code.

My uncle has a permanent residence in Canada. He will become a Canadian citizen. How can I prove that he is my uncle? Please lemme know. Also, let me know if i have to get the documents notarised.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chuchu said:
Hey I am a Network Engineer in one of the ISP. I work on routers/switches. I have 5 years of experience. And there are so many NOC codes which are really confusing.
Can you please advice me on my NOC code.

My uncle has a permanent residence in Canada. He will become a Canadian citizen. How can I prove that he is my uncle? Please lemme know. Also, let me know if i have to get the documents notarised.

Thank you
1. See: http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/noc_index_search_results.asp?index_search_type=noc_code&SORT_ON=ALPHABETIC&SORT_ORDER=ASC&noc=2173 go through all the 2173 codes and pick the right one.
2. You will need your birth certificate, the birth certificate of the uncle showing his parents names and either the birth certificate of your mother or father's birth certificate with parents, whichever one he is the brother of. You will also need proof of his status in Canada as well as evidence that he is living in Canada.

chuchu

Mar 23, 2007
Thank you PMM.

1.What if I select a NOC code which is matching my job profile but later i came to know that there is a NOC code matching my job profile which is even closer and is the best. But, don't forget that the prvious NOC code which i selected is also a good one.

2.Do I need to submit the original birth certificates? or can I get a document notarised/attested which says that I hold passport xxxxx, related to my father who holds passport yyyyy who is in turn related to his brother holding passport zzzzz. Therefore, a person with passport zzzzz is the uncle of the person who holds passport xxxxx.
And why only birth certificates - Passports should be enough right since the parents name would be given in the passport?. Please advice

3. I have to fill up only one form right http://cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008e_SW.pdf
Or is there any other forms to be filled in. Also, please give me the mailing address for London since my application is to br processed from there.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chuchu said:
Thank you PMM.

1.What if I select a NOC code which is matching my job profile but later i came to know that there is a NOC code matching my job profile which is even closer and is the best. But, don't forget that the prvious NOC code which i selected is also a good one.

2.Do I need to submit the original birth certificates? or can I get a document notarised/attested which says that I hold passport xxxxx, related to my father who holds passport yyyyy who is in turn related to his brother holding passport zzzzz. Therefore, a person with passport zzzzz is the uncle of the person who holds passport xxxxx.
And why only birth certificates - Passports should be enough right since the parents name would be given in the passport?. Please advice

3. I have to fill up only one form right http://cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008e_SW.pdf
Or is there any other forms to be filled in. Also, please give me the mailing address for London since my application is to br processed from there.

Thank you
1. Read all the NOC codes that cover your job, your employers letter should show your duties and those must fit into the code.
2. Passport are not sufficient, you need the birth certificates. Copies are fine Passports do not show both parents usually, for example a typical India passport would show, Joginder Singh XXXX son of Ravinder Singh. How many Joginders and Ravinders do you think there are?
3. Read the office specific instructions, most don't require any further forms assuming you are applying under SAP. The office specific form has the mailing address.

PMM

stanexume

Mar 24, 2007
Hi everyone!

I work in the Anti Money Laundering fields as a "Compliance Officer" for a Bank.

I'm thinking seriously to apply for the Canadian Residency, but I visited the NOC page and hadn't been able to see what classification matches my speciality.

I would appraciate if some of you could help me out.

I look forward to read from any of you.

mike.fahed

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus (CSQ)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010 (CSQ) / 20-04-2013 (Federal)
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Interview 26-02-2013 Istanbul - CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
08-02-2011 (CSQ) / 26-06-2013 (Federal)
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
01-10-2013 (Romania EP00102XXX)
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-11-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
PMM said:
Hi

1. See: http: //www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/noc_index_search_results.asp?index_search_type=noc_code&SORT_ON=ALPHABETIC&SORT_ORDER=ASC&noc=2173 go through all the 2173 codes and pick the right one.
2. You will need your birth certificate, the birth certificate of the uncle showing his parents names and either the birth certificate of your mother or father's birth certificate with parents, whichever one he is the brother of. You will also need proof of his status in Canada as well as evidence that he is living in Canada.
Thank you PMM for these informations