+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC CODE!!!

1496cc

Jul 4, 2016
Hello Everyone,
As a newbie I am looking for some help. I have a couple of questions and I hope some one here will help me with my question. I am planning to make myself a express entry profile by this weekend as I have my IELTS results coming soon. I am currently employed with in a bank and working for a position which falls under the NOC B category. However I also have some amount of past experience from my home country. The problem here is I am unable to find the NOC code for my previous job experience. Honestly I found a couple of NOC Codes which do partially match with my duties and responsibilities of my pervious job maybe about 5 duties out of 10.

Can I take the NOC code which has most of duties matching? can someone please help me.
Thank you..

ImmiWorks

Jul 4, 2016
Hello,

Some of the questions to ask yourself are: Is your work experience in your current job sufficient for you to qualify under CEC or FSW (without the prior work experience)? And if so, would you be able to possibly get enough points without adding your previous job experience to get an invitation to apply in the Express Entry management system? If so, you might want to solely stick to said experience. If the latter is not the case, then you would look indeed at combining several NOCs in one position. While this is in no way uncommon, it will require a bit more effort, including adding a detailed letter of explanation to your PR application (as you obviously will have to choose one NOC code over the other). The most important aspect will be to ensure that indeed both NOCs qualify to get you points for your application, i.e. are you looking to combine NOCs within the same skill level/type?

Hope the above helps.

1496cc

Jul 4, 2016
Thank you so much for the response. I have one year of work exp with my current position and that enough for me to apply under CEC, however was keeps me different is my pervious work exp of 2 years which gives me additional points. I can definitely put in some extra efforts and get this sorted. Do you have any immigration lawyer in mind?