+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code: Technical Support Engineer

Jul 5, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm a Lead Engineer on papers by my employer, however, I work for one of their clients as a technical support engineer.

Can someone please help me understand my NOC.

I don't have a degree in engineering. I have a bachelor's degree in History, English Literature and Political Science (integrated course). I have a one-year diploma in computer hardware.

Responsibilities
  • Perform deep technical investigations that stretch your skills as you traverse rich telemetry streams to isolate and solve complex performance issues for Microsoft Advertising customers & partners.
  • Take ownership to resolve customer issues in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs) balancing speed and quality.
  • Contribute to product improvements by filing bugs and design change requests, and help developers fix and ship them to production to prevent customers from being impacted.
  • Drive root cause analysis and service improvements involving bug fixes in close partnership across several Engineering teams.
  • Use judgement and effective communication skills to compose timely Global Alerts and issue visibility correspondence to sales teams and partners.
  • Create process or troubleshooting documentation that enables knowledge base for Tier 1 and Tier 2 support teams.
  • Conduct data and trend analysis to create insightful customer stories that influence Platform ENGG team product roadmaps and gaps, business decisions, and training/readiness content.
  • Collect and align customer/partner feedback on Microsoft products and services (e.g., surveys, listening systems); acts as the voice of the customer by providing actionable feedback across groups (e.g., product team, account management, services leadership team) about customer/partner experience and competitor threats; proposes new initiatives to anticipate risks.
  • Provide thought leadership to influence strategy when engaging with customers and partner and contribute to business case development for policy changes and engineering asks.
  • Drive revenue upsell during consultations by identifying and recommending customer-centric optimization opportunities.
  • Prioritize and deliver against client planned technical initiatives. This can be in the form of specific client work, consultations, implementations and/or scaled solutions.
  • Support effective rollouts of new pilots and features. Participate in Engineering led bug bashes to help launch stable and low friction releases to markets globally.
  • Anticipate customer issues to design and automate platform checks to engage with Engineering proactively before customers escalates.
  • Establish requirements and collaborates with others across the organization to build monitoring and diagnostic tools that automate the discovery and resolution of issues.
  • Occasional night and weekend on-call work is required.