+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code PostDoc

appu0507

Nov 18, 2015
I am applying for a PR and recently for an ITA in the December draw. I put in 4011 as the NOC code earlier but now I am getting confused as to what should be the correct NOC code for a postdoctoral fellow as we do limited teaching. On reviewing the forum I see people suggesting 2148 which also possible as both are NOC codes that wouldnt affect my points so I could possibly use it as well. But how do I decide.

I work in the area of Real Time Embedded Systems working on developing algorithms etc. I have also supervised both undergraduate and graduate students. It is confusing as based on the NOC code I will need to get the letter from my supervisor.

Any inputs shall be helpful.

Thanks

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
appu0507 said:
I am applying for a PR and recently for an ITA in the December draw. I put in 4011 as the NOC code earlier but now I am getting confused as to what should be the correct NOC code for a postdoctoral fellow as we do limited teaching. On reviewing the forum I see people suggesting 2148 which also possible as both are NOC codes that wouldnt affect my points so I could possibly use it as well. But how do I decide.

I work in the area of Real Time Embedded Systems working on developing algorithms etc. I have also supervised both undergraduate and graduate students. It is confusing as based on the NOC code I will need to get the letter from my supervisor.

Thanks
Write to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca with your complete JD and Resume for an assessment. They will suggest.

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
appu0507 said:

Thanks
Hi
Me and my husband are also planning to apply on February. But confused about postdoctoral fellow NOC code. My husband emailed but didn't get any accurate answer. Just wondering what we should follow? if I search by postdoctoral fellow it directly gives 4011 but some of the job responsibilities doesn't match (eg teaching). Really confused what to do. have you applied already?

Sepide

May 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm finishing my PhD at the University of Calgary (will be defending my thesis in 2 months) and I have a postdoctoral offer from Montreal.

My question is that, am I eligible to apply right away after my PhD is done or do I have to wait for one year (in order to get the one-year job experience) and then apply?
Also, is postdoc even being considered as a job experience? I'm asking because I didn't see it in the NOC.

Mhamdizeineb

Apr 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'm finishing my PhD at the University of Calgary (will be defending my thesis in 2 months) and I have a postdoctoral offer from Montreal.

My question is that, am I eligible to apply right away after my PhD is done or do I have to wait for one year (in order to get the one-year job experience) and then apply?
Also, is postdoc even being considered as a job experience? I'm asking because I didn't see it in the NOC.

Hi,
I finished my Master and my Ph.D. here in Canada, and I started my postdoc. I would like to apply for express entry via CEC after one year. I'm in the same situation as you so please can you share your experience with me

Thanks