+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code Postdoc or Social Scientist Reference Letter

Dopleganger

Jun 15, 2019
I have a Ph.D in History and have work experience as a Postdoctoral Fellow. I did little teaching; mostly research, organising Conferences etc. Should I choose the NOC Code 4011 for University Professors (which includes the job title Postdoctoral Fellow) or 4169 (Other professional occupations in social science, n.e.c which includes historian). What sort of job duties should I write, will one sentence (as in the 4169 NOC description) that I conducted historical research and another naming the field of research do?

NN_

Mar 4, 2018
I have a Ph.D in History and have work experience as a Postdoctoral Fellow. I did little teaching; mostly research, organising Conferences etc. Should I choose the NOC Code 4011 for University Professors (which includes the job title Postdoctoral Fellow) or 4169 (Other professional occupations in social science, n.e.c which includes historian). What sort of job duties should I write, will one sentence (as in the 4169 NOC description) that I conducted historical research and another naming the field of research do?
I am in the same boat and preparing the papers for my application. Which NOC code did you end up using?

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
I'm a postdoc in a neuroscience department (in the US). I used the NOC 4011 and included these job duties in my employment letter:

- Conduct neuroscience related research.
- Publish scientific findings in scientific journals and specialized conference abstracts.
- Represent the laboratory and the university as a speaker and/or poster presenter at scientific conferences.
- Mentor and advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Serve on institute and university committees.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Postdoc is 4011.

My wife is university lecturer (so, the opposite situation - all teaching and no research). Just make sure to have your duties in the letter listed and you can also mention that they themselves include postdocs in 4011, even though you fulfil only research part of the duties.