+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code help!! Plz it is urgent.

jtin

Nov 28, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a peculiar scenario in front of me which is why I am here. I have 1 year of work experience now in Canada as a Junior Project Manager in a firm which primarily is in Industrial emissions monitoring. So we supply emission monitoring analyzers to industries. My job responsibilities are as follows:

- To meet clients and ensure requirements and performance needs of the project are met within schedule and budget.
- Review project budget based on original cost estimate sheets and ensure project procurement phase is completed
- Allocate resources to meet project schedule milestones and deadlines
- To identify, develop and maintain company's engineering service capability for projects.
- Ensure engineering specifications are made and submitted for customer review according to schedule
- Review and ensure engineering drawings are 100% accurate for on-site installation
- Review the proposals for engineering and technical requirements
- Review and submit documentation including QA Manuals to the scheduled timeline
- Demonstrate ownership of Engineering and Project Management Functions in all activities
- Review and advise ISO Procedures and process changes as necessary

I had to make sure the client site had all the electrical requirements available for the analyzers to help ease the installation and commissioning process. Now the job responsibilities closely match with the NOC code 0211, but under the employment requirements it says bachelor's degree of engineering is required (which I have) and extensive engineering experience is required (I don't have). This is my first job here and I am not claiming any points for my previous work experience which was barely 10 months. I have emailed the hrsdc email address but haven't heard back from them and it's been 2 weeks. Could someone please help and guide me for the appropriate NOC code.

Thanks in advance!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jtin said:
I have a peculiar scenario in front of me which is why I am here. I have 1 year of work experience now in Canada as a Junior Project Manager in a firm which primarily is in Industrial emissions monitoring. So we supply emission monitoring analyzers to industries. My job responsibilities are as follows:

- To meet clients and ensure requirements and performance needs of the project are met within schedule and budget.
- Review project budget based on original cost estimate sheets and ensure project procurement phase is completed
- Allocate resources to meet project schedule milestones and deadlines
- To identify, develop and maintain company's engineering service capability for projects.
- Ensure engineering specifications are made and submitted for customer review according to schedule
- Review and ensure engineering drawings are 100% accurate for on-site installation
- Review the proposals for engineering and technical requirements
- Review and submit documentation including QA Manuals to the scheduled timeline
- Demonstrate ownership of Engineering and Project Management Functions in all activities
- Review and advise ISO Procedures and process changes as necessary

I had to make sure the client site had all the electrical requirements available for the analyzers to help ease the installation and commissioning process. Now the job responsibilities closely match with the NOC code 0211, but under the employment requirements it says bachelor's degree of engineering is required (which I have) and extensive engineering experience is required (I don't have). This is my first job here and I am not claiming any points for my previous work experience which was barely 10 months. I have emailed the hrsdc email address but haven't heard back from them and it's been 2 weeks. Could someone please help and guide me for the appropriate NOC code.
Thanks for writing such a thorough description. Education/experience "requirements" are not supposed to be considered, but VOs do look at them if they're not convinced you have the right background for the job you're claiming to do.

Despite the fact that your duties are consistent with "project manager" and the "project manager" job title is included in that NOC, the duties for the NOC are written for a department manager (where experience matters more), not a project manager. I'm not sure either if this is the best NOC... There are a couple of alternatives you might consider - keep in mind that you match based on job duties and responsibilities, not job title...

BTW - I've just noticed that the 2016 update of the NOC was released last week (only done every 5 years), so likely the staff at ESDC are VERY busy...

NOC 6221 -
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6221&ver=16&val65=technical%20sales

NOC 2232 -
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2232&ver=16&val65=engineering%20technologist

or NOC 2233 -
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2233&ver=16&val65=engineering%20technologist

jtin

Nov 28, 2016
Hi jes thank you so much for the response. I had reviewed NOC 2232 and 2233 but they were more engineering oriented and not project management. You're correct those are the departmental managers having the engineers report to them. I am thinking I might just have to go with 1221 or 1122. I will omit the technical work I did to match it better with one of those NOC codes. What do you think about that?

Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jtin said:
Hi jes thank you so much for the response. I had reviewed NOC 2232 and 2233 but they were more engineering oriented and not project management. You're correct those are the departmental managers having the engineers report to them. I am thinking I might just have to go with 1221 or 1122. I will omit the technical work I did to match it better with one of those NOC codes. What do you think about that?
Yeah, project managers usually have a tough time finding the right NOC, too bad this latest update to the NOC didn't resolve that. I don't think 1221 is right at all (wrong sector) and for 1122, you'd have to emphasize more the management analysis aspects of your job.

Found another - 2141 - that might work -
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2141&ver=16&val65=1122

Might want to give ESDC another try...

jtin

Nov 28, 2016
jes_ON said:
Found another - 2141 - that might work -
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2141&ver=16&val65=1122

Might want to give ESDC another try...
Hi jes thank you so much again. I had seen that NOC code too and unfortunately it is leaning more towards engineering aspect of the firm. Yeah I think I'll bombard ESDC with emails and request them to help me. I missed today's draw anyway :'(

What sector is 1221 for then? like public sector you mean? and for 1122 I realize that I would have to alter my job responsibilities a little. ugh! this is definitely making me age faster lol

Tee1015

Oct 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi,

I was wondering what code you went with and if you got your PR.