Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi,

I am working as Statistical Programmer. I am confused about my NOC Code which possibly could be one of these:
  1. 2161 Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
  2. 1254 Statistical officers and related research support occupations
  3. 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
Job duties for such post involve:
  • Build SAS datasets from clinical database.
  • Develop SAS macros, templates and utilities for data cleaning and reporting.
  • Utilize SDTM guidelines to build datasets.
  • Communicate with an internal team to create deliverables for pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
  • Implement analyses specified in the protocol or the Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) while working with the project statistician.
  • Ensure CRF meets the guidelines of the protocol and check for consistency and adequacy.
  • Write SAS programs to generate tables, listings, and figures and analysis datasets.
  • Review CRF annotations and data specifications.
  • Work in tandem with Biostatistics and Data Management member on various clinical projects.
  • Identify and edit checks per the data validation plan or data management plan.
  • Study management reports using SAS.
  • Validate the programmed analysis datasets, tables, listing and figures.
  • Perform analyses defined in the statistical analysis.
  • Prepare clinical and statistical summary reports.
  • Communicate with programming and statistics leads.
  • Utilize SAS programming skills within protocol team and perform all programming required for clinical trial analysis and reporting.
  • Perform quality control on final reports.
  • Develop SAS coding and table templates for preparing, processing and analyzing clinical data.
  • Establish monitoring of data transfers for ongoing trials to identify study conduct or data quality issues.
My qualifications are:
  • BSc (Honours) Mathematics and Statistics, Kingston University London
  • MSc Medical Statistics, University of Leicester
As per my qualifications and experience, which category would suit me?

Thank you.

trip90

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
As your duties involve datasets management.
You should check NOC: 2172

Hi,

I am working as Statistical Programmer. I am confused about my NOC Code which possibly could be one of these:
  • Communicate with an internal team to create deliverables for pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
  • Implement analyses specified in the protocol or the Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) while working with the project statistician.
  • Ensure CRF meets the guidelines of the protocol and check for consistency and adequacy.
  • Write SAS programs to generate tables, listings, and figures and analysis datasets.
  • Work in tandem with Biostatistics and Data Management member on various clinical projects.
  • Identify and edit checks per the data validation plan or data management plan.
  • Utilize SAS programming skills within protocol team and perform all programming required for clinical trial analysis and reporting.
  • Develop SAS coding and table templates for preparing, processing and analyzing clinical data.
  • Establish monitoring of data transfers for ongoing trials to identify study conduct or data quality issues.
My qualifications are:

Thank you.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You are basically a programmer, and don't confuse yourself beyond that. All TFL reports, datasets etc are created only by writing codes. 2161 and 1264 are not applicable to you. You are a IT person and don't work as a statistician or mathematician.

Keep it to 2174 and try to avoid technical terms in your reference letter responsibilities.

Reactions: wick_sran

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
You are basically a programmer, and don't confuse yourself beyond that. All TFL reports, datasets etc are created only by writing codes. 2161 and 1264 are not applicable to you. You are a IT person and don't work as a statistician or mathematician.

Keep it to 2174 and try to avoid technical terms in your reference letter responsibilities.
Thank you for your response. That makes it simple.

One more question regarding employment requirements for this field. A computer science degree is sought. So, a mathematics and statistics degree would be accepted or not.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thank you for your response. That makes it simple.

One more question regarding employment requirements for this field. A computer science degree is sought. So, a mathematics and statistics degree would be accepted or not.
Degree doesn't matter for noc... at least for IT ones. Many people who apply in IT have unrelated degrees.. like electronics etc. to their profession.

Reeyapt

Dec 24, 2018
Hi,

My qualifications are:

Thank you.

Hi,
Even I'm working as a clinical SAS programmer with same duties as mentioned above.
Just wanted to check which NOC you used?
even I'm confused between
  1. 1254 Statistical officers and related research support occupations
  2. 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
It would be really great if you can help me on the same.
since not many people are aware about our profession.
Thank you.

shrijalpatel

Mar 3, 2019
Hi,

My qualifications are:

Thank you.

For me all the job duties are the same but qualifications is Bachelor in Pharmacy.So now which NOC code will be applicable to me

josephnikita

Jan 26, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2019
Doc's Request.
30-09-2020
IELTS Request
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2020
Hi wick_san,
I'm a statistical programmer as well and I have the same responsibilities as you.
I'm very confused about the noc code as well between 1254 and 2174.
The above thread kinda helps me to stick to 2174.
However, could you maybe help me a little bit on the experience letter points so as to make sure it sticks to noc code 2174?
it would be of great help!

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi wick_san,
I'm a statistical programmer as well and I have the same responsibilities as you.
I'm very confused about the noc code as well between 1254 and 2174.
The above thread kinda helps me to stick to 2174.
However, could you maybe help me a little bit on the experience letter points so as to make sure it sticks to noc code 2174?
it would be of great help!
Go for 2174. That's what I chose and my GCMS notes say it matches my NOC chosen even though my designation is Research Associate.

Reactions: josephnikita

josephnikita

Jan 26, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2019
Doc's Request.
30-09-2020
IELTS Request
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2020
Go for 2174. That's what I chose and my GCMS notes say it matches my NOC chosen even though my designation is Research Associate.
Thank you for the response. Even my designation is Senior Process Associate.
However, is it possible for you to give me some kind of pointers or a draft template that I can consult in order to construct correct responsibilities in my experience letter so that it is in par with 2174.
I don't want to mess up the technicalities of it in the letter.
It would be of abundant help!

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Thank you for the response. Even my designation is Senior Process Associate.
However, is it possible for you to give me some kind of pointers or a draft template that I can consult in order to construct correct responsibilities in my experience letter so that it is in par with 2174.
I don't want to mess up the technicalities of it in the letter.
It would be of abundant help!

Date:
Ref:

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that XXXX (Emp ID: XXXX) is associated with our company since XXXX. He is working as XXXX in YYYY Department at ZZZZ Centre.

Please refer to the subsequent annexure for the various designations held by him.

Designation : Designation 1
Period : DD/MM/YYYY – DD/MM/YYYY
Salary : Rs. XXXX (Per Annum)

Designation : Designation 2
Salary : Rs. XXXX (Per Annum) and Rs. XXXX (Per Annum) after confirmation

Designation : Designation 3
Period : DD/MM/YYYY - current

His employment duties since joining are:

• Duty 1
  • Duty 2

• Duty n

His usual working hours since his joining are XX hours per week.

We are issuing this certificate on his own request for the purpose of applying for Permanent Residence in Canada under points based Federal Skilled Workers Express Entry.

Yours sincerely,
Signature
Name
Designation
[Stamped]
[Contact Number]

________________________________________________________________________________
In case your job duties were different at each designation then you can break them up like this -

Duties :
  • Duty 1
  • Duty 2

• Duty n

Duties :
  • Duty 1
  • Duty 2

• Duty n
________________________________________________________________________________
You can alter this template as you would like to suit your needs.

Last edited:

josephnikita

Jan 26, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2019
Doc's Request.
30-09-2020
IELTS Request
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2020
Date:
Ref:

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that XXXX (Emp ID: XXXX) is associated with our company since XXXX. He is working as XXXX in YYYY Department at ZZZZ Centre.

Please refer to the subsequent annexure for the various designations held by him.

Salary : Rs. XXXX (Per Annum) and Rs. XXXX (Per Annum) after confirmation

Designation : Designation 3
Period : DD/MM/YYYY - current

His employment duties since joining are:

• Duty 1
  • Duty 2

• Duty n

His usual working hours since his joining are 48 hours per week.

We are issuing this certificate on his own request for the purpose of applying for Permanent Residence in Canada under points based Federal Skilled Workers Express Entry.

Yours sincerely,
Signature
Name
Designation
[Stamped]
[Contact Number]

In case your job duties were different at each designation then you can break them up like this -

Duties :
  • Duty 1
  • Duty 2

• Duty n

Duties :
  • Duty 1
  • Duty 2

• Duty n
You can alter this template as you would like to suit your needs.
Oh WOW! Thank you so much for the efforts you've put in this template wick_sran.
However, I was more looking into pointers to construct the duties/responsibilities in the letter.
Like the technicalities of the responsibilities to include in the letter so that its in par with the noc code 2174, If its possible.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Oh WOW! Thank you so much for the efforts you've put in this template wick_sran.
However, I was more looking into pointers to construct the duties/responsibilities in the letter.
Like the technicalities of the responsibilities to include in the letter so that its in par with the noc code 2174, If its possible.
Your official duties would be mentioned in your CV/JD at your current organisation. If you refer those it would work. Make it unique not a general one.
Anyway, my duties as per official JD at my organisation are -
  • Create and review Case Report Form annotations and database data specifications.
  • Work as programming personnel on single or multiple projects.
  • To import and validate raw data using Statistical Analysis System (SAS) programming.
  • As per the Implementation guide, create Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) and Analysis Data Model (ADAM) datasets using SAS programming.
  • Establish and implement programming standards and comply with regulatory requirements among project team members and across all studies.
  • Develop macros in SAS programming for data analysis and efficiency.
  • To validate and report the data by using Pinnacle 21 Software.
  • To generate and validate DEFINE.xml output for SDTM and ADaM datasets.
  • To create SDTM Reviewer’s Guide (SDRG) and ADaM Reviewer’s Guide (ADRG).

Last edited:

josephnikita

Jan 26, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2019
Doc's Request.
30-09-2020
IELTS Request
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2020
Your official duties would be mentioned in your CV/JD at your current organisation. If you refer those it would work. Make it unique not a general one.
Anyway, my duties as per official JD at my organisation were -
  • Create and review Case Report Form annotations and database data specifications.
  • Work as programming personnel on single or multiple projects.
  • To import and validate raw data using Statistical Analysis System (SAS) programming.
  • As per the Implementation guide, create Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) and Analysis Data Model (ADAM) datasets using SAS programming.
  • Establish and implement programming standards and comply with regulatory requirements among project team members and across all studies.
  • Develop macros in SAS programming for data analysis and efficiency.
  • To validate and report the data by using Pinnacle 21 Software.
  • To generate and validate DEFINE.xml output for SDTM and ADaM datasets.
  • To create SDTM Reviewer’s Guide (SDRG) and ADaM Reviewer’s Guide (ADRG).
The responsibilities mentioned in my JD are quite outdated or more in par of statistical analysis.
So I wanted to tailor it a bit more to keep its true meaning as well make sure its a bit in sync with 2174.
Thank you so much for all your help with this wick_sran. You've really helped me a great deal with this!!