+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code for software testers

Jun 9, 2018
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Canada PR.My CRS score is 362 so I decided to apply through PNP. I have 7.5 experience in software testing area from which 5.5 years experience in manual testing and recent 2 years experience includes:
6 Month experience of Java development(Not complete new development but adding some new functionalities in existing project)
1.5 experience of white box testing which includes settting up the local environment and testing the code through eclipse and identifying the Bug in code.

I checked the in demand occupation list for some provinces such as Saskatchewan.But 2283 has not been listed there instead 2173 is there.

Which NOC will be the best for me?2173 and 2283?

If 2283 then which province will be best for me to apply?

Please suggest

Raba

Jun 26, 2018
Hi All,

Iam a software tester having 8 years of experience in both manual and automation testing and I have selected NOC 2173.I got ITA yesterday and required to upload reference letters .Please could anyone help me with the roles and responsibilities for software tester .
Thanks

Vgzp24

Jun 29, 2018
Hi All, please suggest whether below job duties are inline with noc 2171 or some different noc code?

· Technical discussions with customer for discussing design and requirements, identifying and reporting the software/hardware Problems(defect), features, project status & release plans.
· Contribution in some phases of development-requirement analysis, designing inputs.
· Contribution in creating, modifying and reviewing technical documentation (Requirements, Design documents, Test-plans, quality docs)
· Contribution in creation of test bed setups for verification by configuring telecom equipment(Signalling Gateway) through reprogramming of its hardware and configuration of corresponding traffic simulators for SS7 / SIGTRAN / VOIP messages.
· Creation of end to end test bed setup for LTE-eNodeB(4G) for carrying out feature and system testing
· Verification and validation of various LTE-eNodeB(4G) Boards, UEs, SIGTRAN, Legacy TDM(E1T1) and ATM network cards as per the RFC standards, performance benchmarking and their installation support at customer site.
· Contributing to the overall Verification & Validation strategy and processes to ensure that these continue to reflect the requirements of the business and its products.
· Contribution in developing automation test suites for smoothening out sanity, feature, system and regression test scenarios.
· Creation of various quality and control documents defining best practices, process compliance, etc to ensure that all project SLAs/metrics are met.
Ramping up skilled verification/software/automation engineers, building the competency of team members.

parvin2019

Mar 5, 2019
Hi Mike,

Could you please share your reference letter. It would be of great help to me in making my job reference letter.

Thanks in advance.

fz4oinp

Feb 1, 2019
Hi
Got ITA recently, kept job title as Quality Assurance analyst And NOC 2173. but when i checked quality assurance will come into 2283 do i need to change my NOC or do i ask my supervisor to give responsibilities according to 2173 as there is software testing engineer in 2173 and change my job title.
thanks in advance

Interested in a reply for this post. Could anyone kindly clarify ranjithrg's query?

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am Test engineering manager and used noc = 2173 as it closely matched my past and current experience. It worked fine for me. But yes, whatever code you mention your experience letters must cover the associated roles and responsibilities.

Thanks.

Maissom
Hello do you mind checking my duties i have same noc n working as QA engineer. Of course no one can judge besides ourself but it would be if immense help if you can please share your thoughts.

I can share by email. Please if you are comfortable reply me @ pabbimonika@gmail.com

Dreamer7

Dec 27, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am Test engineering manager and used noc = 2173 as it closely matched my past and current experience. It worked fine for me. But yes, whatever code you mention your experience letters must cover the associated roles and responsibilities.

Thanks.

Maissom
Hi Masson,

I am in a similar boat. Can you please share your responsibilities / duties? It will help a lot to ppl with similar issues. Thanks!

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
2171 seems closest for a QA (softdev), it also requires some sort of CompSci credential. https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/cdcbf8fd71c04434813cec93b0e28f7c?objectid=P0s577TQkX6okmm3FtgLOuX34vptuOA0lZFgIxQgfARPL1OUCVv4vqEpjB9pkCjT

This bullet point hits home for me:

Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.

Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

You shouldn't use 2173 when 2171 is there, I think whatever programming/scripting know how for t. Thoughts? I'm also grappling with this...

Last edited:

adimanvi

Apr 14, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I hope you'll are doing well and are safe.

I have a doubt regarding software testing NOC.

My experience letter says "Trainee Software engineer", I was involved in manual and automation testing.
I think 2283 is the right NOC for me. However, will my job title, which doesn't say "tester", "testing technician" or any of the title mentioned for NOC 2283 create an issue?

Please let me know.

Thank you,
Aditya

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hello Everyone,

I hope you'll are doing well and are safe.

I have a doubt regarding software testing NOC.

My experience letter says "Trainee Software engineer", I was involved in manual and automation testing.
I think 2283 is the right NOC for me. However, will my job title, which doesn't say "tester", "testing technician" or any of the title mentioned for NOC 2283 create an issue?

Please let me know.

Thank you,
Aditya
I think as long as the tasks that are done matches the job description, the title isn't as important.

kriti02

Jun 18, 2020
Hi
Got ITA recently, kept job title as Quality Assurance analyst And NOC 2173. but when i checked quality assurance will come into 2283 do i need to change my NOC or do i ask my supervisor to give responsibilities according to 2173 as there is software testing engineer in 2173 and change my job title.
thanks in advance
Hey @ranjithrg,

I am in the same boat as you. I haven't applied yet. But I would like to understand what was your final decision. Did you ask your supervisor to change your title and give responsibilities accordingly?