+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code for software testers

vp2727

Oct 1, 2022
Hello everyone, I am a software tester with an experience of 6+ years and 21231 – Software engineers and designers is the code iam planning to go for? Will this be okay for me, since- 22222 Information systems testing technicians, doesn't seem like its a Teer 1 category and mostly it does feel its a technician job.
I know its super long the forum is not active but i hope one of you see this question. Please confirm and thankyou!
I had 2 year of experience, 1.5 with exact title "QA automation developer" and 0.5 year with title "Software engineer in Test" I went with NOC code "21231 - Software engineers and designers" and had no issue. One thing to notice is that in my 1st Job I asked my employer to put "Software testing engineer" beside QA automation developer in bracket, and in second job I asked my employer to roughly match and write some of the job duties in LOE mentioned here https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1322554&CVD=1322870&CPV=21231&CST=01052021&MLV=5&CLV=5, hopefully you find it helpful.

satwika0319

Mar 9, 2024
Thankyou so much for your prompt reply! I will try to ask my employer too! Also i worked in India with two diff MNCs, Iam pretty sure they wont be giving a letter with my roles and responsibilities. Do we really need a letter head from HR or any other employee? Or can we just get it on any word doc without header from our senior manager?

patelakash

Feb 3, 2021
Category........
PNP
I had 2 year of experience, 1.5 with exact title "QA automation developer" and 0.5 year with title "Software engineer in Test" I went with NOC code "21231 - Software engineers and designers" and had no issue. One thing to notice is that in my 1st Job I asked my employer to put "Software testing engineer" beside QA automation developer in bracket, and in second job I asked my employer to roughly match and write some of the job duties in LOE mentioned here https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1322554&CVD=1322870&CPV=21231&CST=01052021&MLV=5&CLV=5, hopefully you find it helpful.
Can you share your job responsibilities mentioned for the jobs please?

Thank you.

vp2727

Oct 1, 2022
Can you share your job responsibilities mentioned for the jobs please?

Thank you.
As mentioned in the https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1322554&CVD=1322870&CPV=21231&CST=01052021&MLV=5&CLV=5, I paraphrased followings,

Main duties

This group performs some or all of the following duties:

1. Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
  2. Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems including mobile applications
  3. Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
  4. Plan, design and coordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems including mobile applications
  5. Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
  6. May lead and coordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.

• Love
Reactions: patelakash

patelakash

Feb 3, 2021
Category........
PNP
As mentioned in the https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1322554&CVD=1322870&CPV=21231&CST=01052021&MLV=5&CLV=5, I paraphrased followings,

Main duties

This group performs some or all of the following duties:

1. Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
  2. Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems including mobile applications
  3. Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
  4. Plan, design and coordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems including mobile applications
  5. Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
  6. May lead and coordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.
Thank you so much.

Kktest1

Apr 15, 2024
Hello Everyone, I am currently working in Canada with LMIA for code 2222, but I have filled in my primary NOC as 21231 , I have primarily been a test automation engineer for 5-6 years before the current job.
I wanted to confirm if I can continue with NOC 21231 , as I am primarily a test automation engineer.

Also, has anyone just listed your day to day automation engineer responsibilities , in your reference letter or rephrasing will definitely be required.

Help with any of the problems will be great :) I would really appreciate your guidance

Last edited:

Kktest1

Apr 15, 2024
Could you please guide me regarding my situation:
I am currently working in Canada with LMIA for code 2222, but I have filled in my primary NOC as 21231 , I have primarily been a test automation engineer for 5-6 years before the current job.
I wanted to confirm if I can continue with NOC 21231 , as I am primarily a test automation engineer.

Also, has anyone just listed your day to day automation engineer responsibilities , in your reference letter or rephrasing will definitely be required.

Help with any of the problems will be great :) I would really appreciate your guidance