+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code for IT Infrastructure Service Delivery

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Hi All,

I am looking for some assistance in mapping my current responsibilities to the appropriate NOC Code. I am working from last 10 years in a top MNC and last 4 years as a Incident Manager managing major infrastructure related incidents and last 2 years currently managing a Team of resources who are managing Incidents. I am having a tough time trying to find the appropriate NOC code relevant to ITIL & ITSM Practice related to my job role.

Can anyone with experience in ITIL or ITSM help me or point me to the appropriate resource where I can find this information. I have gone through the forums and taken an extract of the CIC NOC Codes website but need some expert guidance badly

Please help!

supersantrans

Oct 12, 2016
Not sure whether you have managed to find the relevant NOC or not but from what I have seen searching through forums here, closest is 2171.

Assuming you had found the code, applied and are now settled there ;), will really appreciate if you can guide me please.

I am basically a commerce graduate but have worked all my life in ITIL Service management however on the CIC site it states employment requirement for the above NOC is "bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration".

My query is can I still go ahead and apply irrespective of the fact that I am not from Computer Science/Engineering background.

deepmukherjee

Jan 7, 2018
2171 will not be appropriate.. for incident management you use 2282 and for managing team you can either use 2282 or 0125. I have kind of same profile. First I was a agent in service desk, later problem management and now team lead. So 1st 2282 and now 0125

Reactions: SanGuru

SanGuru

Jul 2, 2019
2171 will not be appropriate.. for incident management you use 2282 and for managing team you can either use 2282 or 0125. I have kind of same profile. First I was a agent in service desk, later problem management and now team lead. So 1st 2282 and now 0125
Thanks Deep
I am kind of, in the same situation here. Major Incident manager, working for a MNC and now contemplating on moving abroad. What would you advise for commerce graduates with Service Management experience, are there enough opportunities out there in Canada for people of our background.

rishabh_s

Sep 9, 2019
Hi All,

I worked in an MNC for around 6 years as a Help Desk Team Lead. Some of my major job duties were.

1. Managing Client SLA's.
2. Creating, Sharing, and Presenting Monthly and Weekly Audit reports with the Client.
3. Managing Call Abandoned%.
4. Attending Client Calls, understanding their requirements and accordingly creating policies and procedures among the team in order to deliver the services promised.
5. Internal Team Audits : Stack Rankings, appreciations etc.

My question is, 2282, is for L1 Help Desk Analyst. I being a Team Lead, what should be the appropriate NOC Code for me. 0125 to me looks the closest, but it no where mentions anything about IT.

Also, My Job Title falls under NOC 0213 : Help Desk Manager. I'm really confused. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sameera093

Nov 28, 2022
Hi All,

I am looking for assistance in same.

I have a total work experience of 5 years in India which is completely into IT Service Management and right now I am looking forward to move to Canada as an immigrant. Thus, I was trying to find an appropriate NOC code which maps to my current role. However, I am struggling between code 2171 and 2282.

I have been juggling through various forums and websites but in vain. So, can anyone with experience in ITIL or ITMS please assist me.

Thank You!