+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code for Debit/Credit Card Fraud Analyst

Udit Harnal

Nov 26, 2022
Hi,

Does anyone know which NOC code can we use for Debit/Credit card Fraud Analyst position. Some of the responsibilities were:

• Ensure accurate review and disposition of real-time card and online fraud alerts across various fraud monitoring systems.
  • Sort, distribute, and review daily reports to identify and verify potential fraudulent activities with clients while maintaining files and related logs.
  • Provide guidance to clients and/or resolve escalations on issues requiring immediate attention with a focus on quality.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Does anyone know which NOC code can we use for Debit/Credit card Fraud Analyst position. Some of the responsibilities were:

• Ensure accurate review and disposition of real-time card and online fraud alerts across various fraud monitoring systems.
  • Sort, distribute, and review daily reports to identify and verify potential fraudulent activities with clients while maintaining files and related logs.
  • Provide guidance to clients and/or resolve escalations on issues requiring immediate attention with a focus on quality.
Most people are not going to search the database for you especially now that the new TEER system is in place. Your best option is to find a NOC that suits your responsibilities and ask for comments on the suggested NOC.

Reactions: Taran D

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
I have a similar role at a fintech company and my eligibility passed using TEER 11109.

I know this is an old post just want to help someone in the future.

As always, every job is different and you should compare your duties with the job descriptions on gc.ca not relying on my answer.

Last edited:

Kend

May 3, 2023
I have a similar role at a fintech company and my eligibility passed using TEER 11109.

I know this is an old post just want to help someone in the future.

As always, every job is different and you should compare your duties with the job descriptions on gc.ca not relying on my answer.
Hey there! My job title is also Fraud Analyst and my responsibilities are:
  • identifies areas that need increased security procedures or software to protect bank accounts
  • Researches and analyzes clients bank accounts to detect and prevent possible fraudulent and illegal activities
  • Follows standards and practices in accordance with our KYC and AML policies for fraud control and management to minimize fraud exposure and loss
  • Prepares and maintains appropriate reports for fraudulent and illegal activities and transactions for clients accounts

• would TEER 11109 fit for my position?

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Hey there! My job title is also Fraud Analyst and my responsibilities are:
  • identifies areas that need increased security procedures or software to protect bank accounts
  • Researches and analyzes clients bank accounts to detect and prevent possible fraudulent and illegal activities
  • Follows standards and practices in accordance with our KYC and AML policies for fraud control and management to minimize fraud exposure and loss
  • Prepares and maintains appropriate reports for fraudulent and illegal activities and transactions for clients accounts

• would TEER 11109 fit for my position?
Likely, yes. As long as your employer is somehow finance-related.

Reactions: Kend

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Likely, yes. As long as your employer is somehow finance-related.
I'm curious, how so? The duties don't overlap in this case. Forget a nice-to-have 70% overlap, I am unable to see a 20% overlap here either. Or is it that there are no NOC code categories for jobs like these and that's why you are suggesting to use this as a broad category?

Kend

May 3, 2023
I'm curious, how so? The duties don't overlap in this case. Forget a nice-to-have 70% overlap, I am unable to see a 20% overlap here either. Or is it that there are no NOC code categories for jobs like these and that's why you are suggesting to use this as a broad category?
Why do you think they dont overlap? That NOC says by the end “ or other related financial services “ I think is the reason why most people pick that NOC because otherwise I literally can’t find anything else. Also my lawyer approved it so I am waiting to see

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Why do you think they dont overlap? That NOC says by the end “ or other related financial services “ I think is the reason why most people pick that NOC because otherwise I literally can’t find anything else. Also my lawyer approved it so I am waiting to see
Will start this by saying: You said that you'd a lawyer look at it - if the lawyer is a Canadian lawyer, it is good. You don't need anything else.

Remember, we look at a 70% overlap here. If you can put NOC code duties in a Google sheet and match it against yours, and the match is 70% - you are golden. Else, it is tricky. That's why I asked the responder on why they think it is relevant. I specifically wrote to you (e.g. commodities) to say what was different here. I haven't came across this condition that says "as long as employer is a bank" - that's not how it should work.

At the end, this is what the documentation says:

>Go to the NOC website, choose version NOC 2021 Version 1.0, and search for your NOC using the title or numeric code.
  1. Make sure the main duties listed match what you did at your job.
  2. If they don’t, you’ll need to find a different job title with duties that match yours.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Reactions: Kend

Kend

May 3, 2023
Will start this by saying: You said that you'd a lawyer look at it - if the lawyer is a Canadian lawyer, it is good. You don't need anything else.

Remember, we look at a 70% overlap here. If you can put NOC code duties in a Google sheet and match it against yours, and the match is 70% - you are golden. Else, it is tricky. That's why I asked the responder on why they think it is relevant. I specifically wrote to you (e.g. commodities) to say what was different here. I haven't came across this condition that says "as long as employer is a bank" - that's not how it should work.

At the end, this is what the documentation says:

>Go to the NOC website, choose version NOC 2021 Version 1.0, and search for your NOC using the title or numeric code.
  1. Make sure the main duties listed match what you did at your job.
  2. If they don’t, you’ll need to find a different job title with duties that match yours.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html
Thank you for your detailed reply. What i meant actually when i initially replied is that if you believe a different NOC would better match the job responsibilities? I know that NOC for other financial officers is sort of vague honesty and my lawyer is Canadian and also he could not find anything else that would be close to it. And you are right the condition “ as long employer is a bank “ is not actually a condition, but maybe the responder meant that its finance related. If you think any other NOC or TEER fits better for the job responsibilities I listed, I’d love to take a look at it :)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you for your detailed reply. What i meant actually when i initially replied is that if you believe a different NOC would better match the job responsibilities? I know that NOC for other financial officers is sort of vague honesty and my lawyer is Canadian and also he could not find anything else that would be close to it. And you are right the condition “ as long employer is a bank “ is not actually a condition, but maybe the responder meant that its finance related. If you think any other NOC or TEER fits better for the job responsibilities I listed, I’d love to take a look at it :)
One good thing about hiring a RCIC or a Canadian lawyer is that they are regulated and won't say something that'll get you rejected. I'd trust who you've hired. :)

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Good question. My previous employer is not even a bank - a US fintech company. However IRCC approved my experience under TEER 11109. Tricky part of the NOC system is that it is not able to cover the thousands of different job types in the world, in my experience, IRCC is generous in evaluating NOCs with "Other- " prefix which may exempt them from the "70% overlap". If the visa officer is satisfied then the applicant is all good.

I provided a detailed LOE along with my evidence of job experience to demonstrate how close my job is to TEER 11109.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Good question. My previous employer is not even a bank - a US fintech company. However IRCC approved my experience under TEER 11109. Tricky part of the NOC system is that it is not able to cover the thousands of different job types in the world, in my experience, IRCC is generous in evaluating NOCs with "Other- " prefix which may exempt them from the "70% overlap". If the visa officer is satisfied then the applicant is all good.

I provided a detailed LOE along with my evidence of job experience to demonstrate how close my job is to TEER 11109.
Thanks, that's really helpful to know.

UBC97

Jan 22, 2022
Hi everyone,

I did something similar in AML Periodic reviews, so you think the following duties and responsibilities would be accepted if I use Noc 11109:

Performed annual review of customer’s risk rating as a part of client life cycle.
• Performed KYC (Know Your Customer) verification on customers against money laundering checks and placedthem in the appropriate buckets according to risk classification – High, medium or low risk.
• Reviewed and examined documents of our customers’ trust accounts, pension funds, superannuation funds, charitable organizations.
• Worked on Know Your Business (KYB) and Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO) which involved finding trading activity of the business using several internal and external applications and finding the ultimate owner of the business.
• Escalated and assisted with resolution of more complex problems and critical issues.
• Performed and reviewed Customer Due Diligence(CDD) and assessed the risk of new customers to the firm - documenting findings, ensuring that management is apprised of key issues, risks, and the appropriate monitoring to mitigate risk.
• Identified potential hits and escalated them as per standard operating procedures.
• Maintained accurate and appropriate documentation for processed alerts.
• Monitored queues and assured that allocated work is completed as per agreed timelines.
• Ensured processing is performed accurately and within an agreed turnaround time.
• Conducted ongoing monitoring and periodic reviews of customer accounts, transactions, and other activities to detect and report suspicious behavior.
• Performed reviews on high-risk accounts.
• Followed standards and practices in accordance with the bank’s KYC and AML policies for fraud control and management to minimize fraud exposure and loss.