+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code for Business Analyst?

zeeshan.acca

Jun 23, 2010
My Question is,

Is there any ACCA affiliate/member - working in IT field as Business Analyst, System Analyst and pursued Canadian immigration under NOC code 2171?how is ECA assessment went through ? What was steps and procedures he has followed?

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
unfortunately, it is not so simple that 2171 for Business Analyst. You need to compare duties. u ll find 2171 and 2173 confusing if u r an IT Business Analyst.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,

Whats the best suited NOC code for a Business Analyst (Summer Internship)?

I just found the following that could apply, but none are perfectly applicable:

4162 Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting

My job descriptions are:
o Conduct research on provincial economic data and especially on the real estate market in Alberta
o Analyze the data, derive/explain the statistical co-relationship between various external and internal factors and determine the most significant factors affecting the real estate market
o Ultimately develop a statistical model to safely predict and forecast the demand on the real estate market based on most significant factors

It's most suited to 4162 I feel but, not entirely because it had minimal to do with Economy Policies.
4162 ...

Question, you called this a summer internship and posted in the CEC section... are you still a student? Or is this job post-graduation?

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Hello all,

NOC 0213 has the below two points:
  • Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
  • Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
This is exactly what my wife does as a Business Analyst (she is not a techie, she is an industry expert). I believe 0213 fits her experience better than 2171.

Will appreciate any thoughts from seniors.

Thank you.

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello all,

NOC 0213 has the below two points:
  • Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
  • Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
This is exactly what my wife does as a Business Analyst (she is not a techie, she is an industry expert). I believe 0213 fits her experience better than 2171.

Will appreciate any thoughts from seniors.
For 0213, they're going to be looking for more than those 2 points, they're going to be looking to see if she manages/controls budgets and staff (hiring, firing etc). If she reports to someone who does that, instead of doing that herself, it is unlikely to be the right NOC. Try 1122 - ?

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1122&ver=16&val65=business analyst

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
For 0213, they're going to be looking for more than those 2 points, they're going to be looking to see if she manages/controls budgets and staff (hiring, firing etc). If she reports to someone who does that, instead of doing that herself, it is unlikely to be the right NOC. Try 1122 - ?

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1122&ver=16&val65=business analyst
Thank you.

I missed the point about managing budgets - my mistake. So, I think 2171 is probably a more accurate NOC.

Pi3.14

Jun 19, 2018
Hi Team,

I am applying for Canada Express Entry Visa. For this reason. I worked Full-time (45 hours a week) as an Analyst in Digital marketing services department for an IT services firm from 21st Sept 20I5 to 28th October 2016 and then I rejoined the firm on 2nd Feb 2017 to 11th August 2017. I took 3 months break for my IELTS preparation.

I humbly request you to kindly help me recognize and find the exact "NOC Code" that I can use while applying for my Express Entry. Following are my details:

Job Title/Designation: Analyst (Digital Marketing Services)
Establishment: Information Technology Services
Job requirement: Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field
Experience: 1-2 years

Main Duties:

21st Sept 20I5 to 28th October 2016:

• Responsible for rendering decisions on credit applications for e-commerce site based on established criteria. Applying e-commerce strategies under established guidelines.
• Creating reports for dropped transactions and other regulatory requirements for initiating refund. Designing reports, costings, controlling procedures and automations to minimize errors.
• Examine and audit the financial statements and reports using client application.

2nd Feb 2017 to 11th August 2017:

• Provide input to the client in order to help them design e-commerce strategies.
• Provide inventory support for new retail stores and new businesses. Also act as mentor for new employees in the fulfilment team.
• Collection of inputs (Data) from various ecommerce platforms and perform Analysis over sales data to develop e-commerce performance report.
• Participate in Weekly-Biweekly meetings with clients to discuss requirements, specifications and timelines of the tasks.
• Point of contact for all the enquiries and concerns raised by clients.
• Monitoring and administrating web analytics dashboards, reports using excel and key reporting tools. Identifying key areas of importance in accordance client goals.
• Provide special support in reporting during promotional sales events.
• Conduct data analysis on the buying habits and preferences of online and retail stores for the client.

I an really confused which NOC should I go with for the 2 roles and responsibilities mentioned above. Its really URGENT. Please help!!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Team,

I am applying for Canada Express Entry Visa. For this reason. I worked Full-time (45 hours a week) as an Analyst in Digital marketing services department for an IT services firm from 21st Sept 20I5 to 28th October 2016 and then I rejoined the firm on 2nd Feb 2017 to 11th August 2017. I took 3 months break for my IELTS preparation.

I humbly request you to kindly help me recognize and find the exact "NOC Code" that I can use while applying for my Express Entry. Following are my details:

Job Title/Designation: Analyst (Digital Marketing Services)
Establishment: Information Technology Services
Job requirement: Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field
Experience: 1-2 years

Main Duties:

21st Sept 20I5 to 28th October 2016:

• Responsible for rendering decisions on credit applications for e-commerce site based on established criteria. Applying e-commerce strategies under established guidelines.
• Creating reports for dropped transactions and other regulatory requirements for initiating refund. Designing reports, costings, controlling procedures and automations to minimize errors.
• Examine and audit the financial statements and reports using client application.

2nd Feb 2017 to 11th August 2017:

• Provide input to the client in order to help them design e-commerce strategies.
• Provide inventory support for new retail stores and new businesses. Also act as mentor for new employees in the fulfilment team.
• Collection of inputs (Data) from various ecommerce platforms and perform Analysis over sales data to develop e-commerce performance report.
• Participate in Weekly-Biweekly meetings with clients to discuss requirements, specifications and timelines of the tasks.
• Point of contact for all the enquiries and concerns raised by clients.
• Monitoring and administrating web analytics dashboards, reports using excel and key reporting tools. Identifying key areas of importance in accordance client goals.
• Provide special support in reporting during promotional sales events.
• Conduct data analysis on the buying habits and preferences of online and retail stores for the client.

I an really confused which NOC should I go with for the 2 roles and responsibilities mentioned above. Its really URGENT. Please help!!!!
For the first job, your first (main) job duty sounds completely out of line with your the rest of the info. Based on your first job duty, I would say:

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6235&ver=16&val65=credit analyst

If that is not right, you might consider how you should re-write that first duty.

For your second job, either
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1123&ver=16&val65=e-commerce
or
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6221&ver=16&val65=technical sales

maybe the following (but read the lead statement...)
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4163&ver=16&val65=e-commerce

If you have managerial / supervisory duties not listed, that could be important to include them.

Pi3.14

Jun 19, 2018
Tha
For the first job, your first (main) job duty sounds completely out of line with your the rest of the info. Based on your first job duty, I would say:

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6235&ver=16&val65=credit analyst

If that is not right, you might consider how you should re-write that first duty.

For your second job, either
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1123&ver=16&val65=e-commerce
or
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6221&ver=16&val65=technical sales

maybe the following (but read the lead statement...)
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4163&ver=16&val65=e-commerce

If you have managerial / supervisory duties not listed, that could be important to include them.
Thanks alot. Do you feel the 2nd halfof my job matches mostly with 4163? I feel it does. Need some more guidance on this.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Tha

Thanks alot. Do you feel the 2nd halfof my job matches mostly with 4163? I feel it does. Need some more guidance on this.
??? You may have had the same employer, but if your job duties/responsibilities changed, then you have 2 different jobs, you have to list them as different jobs with different NOCs. Your employer can prepare a single letter, as long as it is clear about the 2 different jobs.

You know better than we do what you actually do, so if you think 4163 is the best fit (remember, lead statement and job duties/responsibilities) then you should probably go with that.