+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code for Business Analyst?

anand_r

Jul 24, 2011
Hello,

Whats the best suited NOC code for a Business Analyst (Summer Internship)?

I just found the following that could apply, but none are perfectly applicable:

4162 Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting

My job descriptions are:
o Conduct research on provincial economic data and especially on the real estate market in Alberta
o Analyze the data, derive/explain the statistical co-relationship between various external and internal factors and determine the most significant factors affecting the real estate market
o Ultimately develop a statistical model to safely predict and forecast the demand on the real estate market based on most significant factors

It's most suited to 4162 I feel but, not entirely because it had minimal to do with Economy Policies.

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
You are right, 2171 is for IT.

Wow, 4162 is extensive! I think you should compare the descriptions (first paragraph) for a better understanding of what each subgroup relates to. From what I have read, 4162 seems to be a better fit, since 1122 (which is my noc) deals more with operational and managerial topics, rather than the economics side of things.

If you are still in doubt after that, you can always email HRSDC for assistence. It takes them about 2 weeks to get back to you and will include a suggestion as to the best appropriate noc to use. Make sure you include a description of your duties, as provided on the employer reference, so that you are being consistent.

noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
I dont understand how it could be 2171 with what he described in the job duties.

"2171 Information systems analysts and consultants

Information systems analysts and consultants analyze systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed." -> HRSDC classification

He works with economics data, statistical analysis, modeling and forecasting, in real estate . How does that link to information systems?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Just as a clarification point: its not about the title, but rather about the duties/tasks performed. **As has been discussed throughout the forum...

Reactions: abhimanyupande

annapot29

Feb 4, 2013
Hi,

I'm a newbie here and I'm planning to submit my CEC application this February. I'm still waiting for my IELTS score and gathering some other documents for my application.

I wanna ask also about the NOC code that I will use for my application. My work permit is for the occupation Software Engineer. But my role in the company that I'm working in is as a Software tester. I checked NOC 2173 for Software Engineers and Designers and one of the sample job titles there is Software Testing engineer. There is also another NOC code which is 2283 for Information systems testing technicians. My job duties match the duties for NOC 2283.

If I will apply, which NOC code should I use for my CEC application? 2173 or 2283? If I will use 2283, will it have a problem since my work permit falls under NOC 2173?

Also, in the Document Checklist, additional supporting documents include copies of work contract and copies of pay stubs. Will it be ok if I don't include those in my application since they are just supporting documents? I will include the required documents which are Work permit, T4 and NOA. So I'm not sure if I still need to include the supporting documents. The paystubs that I have are not complete so I'm hesitant to include those.

Will really appreciate any inputs from you guys. Sorry if i replied on the wrong thread.

Thanks!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annapot29 said:
Hi,

I'm a newbie here and I'm planning to submit my CEC application this February. I'm still waiting for my IELTS score and gathering some other documents for my application.

I wanna ask also about the NOC code that I will use for my application. My work permit is for the occupation Software Engineer. But my role in the company that I'm working in is as a Software tester. I checked NOC 2173 for Software Engineers and Designers and one of the sample job titles there is Software Testing engineer. There is also another NOC code which is 2283 for Information systems testing technicians. My job duties match the duties for NOC 2283.

If I will apply, which NOC code should I use for my CEC application? 2173 or 2283? If I will use 2283, will it have a problem since my work permit falls under NOC 2173?

Also, in the Document Checklist, additional supporting documents include copies of work contract and copies of pay stubs. Will it be ok if I don't include those in my application since they are just supporting documents? I will include the required documents which are Work permit, T4 and NOA. So I'm not sure if I still need to include the supporting documents. The paystubs that I have are not complete so I'm hesitant to include those.

Will really appreciate any inputs from you guys. Sorry if i replied on the wrong thread.

Thanks!
If supplying T4, NOA and Ref. letter - no need to provide additional supporting docs.

annapot29

Feb 4, 2013
Thanks jsm0085. :)

So for my Noc code in my application, it won't have a problem of getting rejected if i use code 2283 even if my work permit is for software engineer that has code 2173?

Most if my job duties fall under 2283 and i'm a little worried that it might get rejected if i dont use the code for the job title in my work permit.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annapot29 said:
Thanks jsm0085. :)

So for my Noc code in my application, it won't have a problem of getting rejected if i use code 2283 even if my work permit is for software engineer that has code 2173?

Most if my job duties fall under 2283 and i'm a little worried that it might get rejected if i dont use the code for the job title in my work permit.
I can't say for sure. I've heard of people that have been okay and others that have had it returned as its different. Seek a professional for some advice b

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Hello,

Whats the best suited NOC code for a Business Analyst (Summer Internship)?

I just found the following that could apply, but none are perfectly applicable:

4162 Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting

My job descriptions are:
o Conduct research on provincial economic data and especially on the real estate market in Alberta
o Analyze the data, derive/explain the statistical co-relationship between various external and internal factors and determine the most significant factors affecting the real estate market
o Ultimately develop a statistical model to safely predict and forecast the demand on the real estate market based on most significant factors

It's most suited to 4162 I feel but, not entirely because it had minimal to do with Economy Policies.

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!
I'm facing the same struggle, did you find a NOC for business analyst?

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......