+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code experience

john123ui

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Hello Everyone, I am ready to apply for my PR in OCT. cleared CELPIP - not that difficult than I thought. While going through the website, It has been mentioned that you need 12 months in a noc code. I recently changed my noc code as I moved up in my role. so overall I have more than 12 months of experience but by NOC code, its more than 6 months but less than 12 months. Do you have any suggestions for me as I don't want to wait any longer as the rules are being changed everyone. please suggest

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
What rules are being changed?

What are thecteo noc codes? You need to make sure that both nocs are in 0,A or B - if you have 12 months xp and both nocs meet the criteria, you're fine.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
john123ui said:
Hello Everyone, I am ready to apply for my PR in OCT. cleared CELPIP - not that difficult than I thought. While going through the website, It has been mentioned that you need 12 months in a noc code. I recently changed my noc code as I moved up in my role. so overall I have more than 12 months of experience but by NOC code, its more than 6 months but less than 12 months. Do you have any suggestions for me as I don't want to wait any longer as the rules are being changed everyone. please suggest
What rules are being changed? Please be careful with statements of that nature.
There's not going to be any rule changes any time soon.

You don't need to gain the experience in one NOC code, you can combine multiple NOC codes, just make
sure they're all skill level A, B or 0 and simply add up the experience you gained in either NOC.

john123ui

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
thanks guys for your response... my intention was to specify that rules are changes every now and then and i don't want to dealy my applicaiton any longer....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
john123ui said:
LOL... All occupations have an NOC code. You need 12 months of experience in a job with a SKILLED NOC code (NOC level O, A, or B). You can acquire this experience in more than one job, using more than one NOC code, as long as both were SKILLED.

IF the first NOC code was UNSKILLED, then you do need to acquire 12 months in the 2nd NOC code...

You can check Skill Level here -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/html/Matrix.html