+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

noc code confusion/police clearance

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
I will try to be precise:

Everything is ready to be sent out. Waiting for police clearance from my home country, it is on the way here.
Just ordered a police certificate online to prove I have no criminal record in Canada either.

Did I need to go and submit my fingerprints? Or does that apply only if CIC asks me to go and submit them? As far as I know I didn't even need to submit a police certificate from Canada, or did i?

My second question is NOC related:

I have found my NOC code and it matches my job title and my duties. I have already completed 14 months under CEC requirements and like I said once I receive my PCC from my home country I will send my application. But I just got promoted 2 days ago and it is much more difficult and time consuming for me to start looking for my new NOC Code. My question is: since I am applying under my old NOC code and have 14 months of experience, can I state that I got promoted and ignore the new NOC code? Can I write a letter of explanation saying that my old letter was already signed and ask the visa officer to only count my old experience (14 months) without the new job title etc.? If i start this all over again it will take forever for my employer to sign the new letter. I only have the old one.

Thank you

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
No certificate is needed from Canada at this moment, they may ask you from RCMP later on.

for your 2nd question, your current job title does not matter.

For CEC what really matters is, 12 month NOC job experience fulfilling most duties.

You can even leave your job and become unemployed. But CIC will consider only what is written on your application (that is the NOC code written on your application).

I would not recommend being unemployed by the way :p