+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code - 2171 or 2172?

Channy2333

Aug 21, 2018
Hello everyone,

Very appreciate if someone could help me with advising which NOC code my job is under.

I have applied the CEC using NOC2171, and surprisingly got the Provincial Interest Letter on August 9th with CRS under 400.
However, I still concern the NOC code for my job. My title is similar with Business Analyst but not the same.

Please view my job description below
1. Review and analysis of financial data including vendor and store
i. Collection, analysis and interpretation of financial data
ii. Preparation of standard reports as well as other one-off reports from time to time
iii. Identifying and communicating trends, concerns, and opportunities to the Board and Director of Operations
iv. Tracking and evaluating store compliance per member contract requirements
v. Ensure all vendor, the company and individual store commitments are met with respect to reporting and payments. Specifically, ensure vendor payments are received and correct, ensure reports to vendors and stores are prepared in a timely manner and are accurate

2. Maintenance and upkeep of various database
i. Maintain and manage store member database, stores financial database, PPN database, and others as required
ii. Manage member portal including adding, removing, or changing access as required. Assisting members in any portal related issues as well as updating portal content as required

3. Accounting
i. Work with bookkeeper and assist in preparation of reports, respond to store enquirers etc.

4. Systems
i. Work to develop/streamline existing systems with the goal of achieving greater efficiencies and to identify opportunities and determine potential weaknesses. Work with entire team to develop and implement SOP to achieve such goal

5. Other
i. Any other duties which may arise from time to time

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ajaypsdba

Jul 4, 2018
Hey bro,
I m in a similar situation, can you please tell me what isn

Hello everyone,

Very appreciate if someone could help me with advising which NOC code my job is under.

I have applied the CEC using NOC2171, and surprisingly got the Provincial Interest Letter on August 9th with CRS under 400.
However, I still concern the NOC code for my job. My title is similar with Business Analyst but not the same.

Please view my job description below
1. Review and analysis of financial data including vendor and store
i. Collection, analysis and interpretation of financial data
ii. Preparation of standard reports as well as other one-off reports from time to time
iii. Identifying and communicating trends, concerns, and opportunities to the Board and Director of Operations
iv. Tracking and evaluating store compliance per member contract requirements
v. Ensure all vendor, the company and individual store commitments are met with respect to reporting and payments. Specifically, ensure vendor payments are received and correct, ensure reports to vendors and stores are prepared in a timely manner and are accurate

2. Maintenance and upkeep of various database
i. Maintain and manage store member database, stores financial database, PPN database, and others as required
ii. Manage member portal including adding, removing, or changing access as required. Assisting members in any portal related issues as well as updating portal content as required

3. Accounting
i. Work with bookkeeper and assist in preparation of reports, respond to store enquirers etc.

4. Systems
i. Work to develop/streamline existing systems with the goal of achieving greater efficiencies and to identify opportunities and determine potential weaknesses. Work with entire team to develop and implement SOP to achieve such goal

5. Other
i. Any other duties which may arise from time to time

Thanks in advance.
I m