+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noc Code 00 What Jobs?

MDev

Sep 29, 2017
Hi,

This is my first post here as I've just begun my application for PR. I have been offered a promotion at my company. We are a small business of 12 employees but the president has elected to promote me either to Vice President or Operations Manager. I feel more comfortable with the latter as I feel like VP is misleading because it is a position normally reserved for larger, more corporate organisations. If I accept Operations Manager, what NOC code would I use and would it push me up to 00.

My current title is Office Manager but I've been working beyond that for some time. I'm not sure at all how the job title plays out in the process of PR. Whether it's just a title or if they come and assess the job or critique your experience. My experience would be 1 year in that position but my letter of employment would be at the higher level. Can anyone offer any insight on this please?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
NOC codes are based on job duties not just job titles given obviously anyone can give themselves any job title they want. So for feedback you might want to list some of your responsibilities/duties given as you imply it would be a pretty big stretch between the responsibilities of a VP versus an operations manager.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
If I accept Operations Manager, what NOC code would I use
As noted above, it would depend a lot on your job duties / responsibilities, but also what kind of "operations" you manage - what is your industry, who is the customer/client, etc. - what is the product/service of the company?

MDev

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for coming back to me. My question is not really between VP or Operations Manager. It's whether Operations Manager would have a higher NOC code and whether I could use that NOC code because my 1 year of Canadian experience is as an office manager. Do I have to put down my current job or my new promotion? Is it the NOC code I have experience in or the NOC code I have been offered a job in(at the same company) And if Operations Manager has the same level NOC code as Office Manager, is there any benefit to this?

My duties as Office Manager are pretty by the book(things like Accounts receivable/Payable, finance, payroll, scheduling of staff, admin support, stationary supplies, building maintenance) and I will continue these as Operations Manager.

The job duties of Operations Manager that I am responsible for are:

Recruitment of staff and induction to company
Consulting with leadership team on company structure, promotions, individual development plans, hiring and firing
Company business planning and strategy
Company branding and identity
Co-ordinate all financial reporting & bottom line profit and loss
Develop and implement budgets
Developing and improving all aspects of HR and Finance systems and policies
Report to the President

We are an Audio-Visual Integrator which in experience has been difficult to classify with the government for stuff like GST etc. In short, we install things like boardrooms,lecture theatres, digital signage etc We aren't really construction because most of our installs are removable when the tenant leaves the premises. We design and program our own systems too. We aren't a manufacturer because we install other manufacturers products. I guess we provide a service of co-ordinating audio visual and offering expertise in this area. We design, program and install.

Hope this is enough info!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks for coming back to me. My question is not really between VP or Operations Manager. It's whether Operations Manager would have a higher NOC code and whether I could use that NOC code because my 1 year of Canadian experience is as an office manager. Do I have to put down my current job or my new promotion? Is it the NOC code I have experience in or the NOC code I have been offered a job in(at the same company) And if Operations Manager has the same level NOC code as Office Manager, is there any benefit to this?

I am guessing you are asking which job you should list as your PRIMARY NOC. As long as you have experience in both NOCs, under the CEC class, it really does not matter which you choose, since you can combine different jobs / NOCs in accumulating your one year of experience.

If you have not yet started the new job, then you cannot use it for your PRIMARY NOC. However, if the job offer meets the requirements of a valid job offer for CRS points, then you can use it for that.

All management jobs are O level but A and B jobs are treated exactly the same, so I'm not sure what "benefit" you are hoping for.

If it was not clear before, IRCC goes by job duties and responsibilities, not job title. If there is a change in your duties and responsibilities, that is a change in position, in IRCC's eyes.

The job duties of Operations Manager that I am responsible for are:

Recruitment of staff and induction to company
Consulting with leadership team on company structure, promotions, individual development plans, hiring and firing
Company business planning and strategy
Company branding and identity
Co-ordinate all financial reporting & bottom line profit and loss
Develop and implement budgets
Developing and improving all aspects of HR and Finance systems and policies
Report to the President

We are an Audio-Visual Integrator which in experience has been difficult to classify with the government for stuff like GST etc.
LOL, I believe you. There are specific NOCs for operations managers in Telecoms, banking/credit/finance, postal services, IT, government, utlities, facilities, etc - but not AV services : )
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=operations manager

I would suggest NOC 0125 for the operations manager description - remember, your "title" does not have to match, the duties and responsibilities do -
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ViewAllTitlesQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0125&ver=16&val65=business+manager

MDev

Sep 29, 2017
Thank you! I can see you have really put thought to this answer and it's no wonder you are a VIP member! I will update my NOC code as I have experience in both. I have just started this process but thought that I had read somewhere about a NOC code of 00? Is this only for PNP ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

MDev

Sep 29, 2017
Thank you for everyone's help! It's become clear to me from reading a lot more on these forums that there are a lot of careless reasons why people's applications get rejected so I want to be super careful!

With regards to this question-

Date you first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
NOC code 0125 has the following employment requirements:

• A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a field related to the business service provided is usually required.
  • Several years of experience in a field related to the business service provided are usually required.
  • Licences, certificates or registration may be required for some business services managers. For example, accounting firm managers usually require accounting certification.
  • University studies in business administration may be required.
I have a degree in English Literature which is not a related field. What date would I say that I first became qualified? It is not an entry level job that I would have had the experience in as soon as I graduated. Is it best to put the date I was promoted to this position at my current employer?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
NOC code 0125 has the following employment requirements:
  • A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a field related to the business service provided is usually required.
  • Several years of experience in a field related to the business service provided are usually required.
  • Licences, certificates or registration may be required for some business services managers. For example, accounting firm managers usually require accounting certification.
  • University studies in business administration may be required.
I have a degree in English Literature which is not a related field. What date would I say that I first became qualified?
They only care about the date you got the relevant degree/diploma. Use the date you earned your bachelor's degree, it does not matter that it wasn't a business-focused degree (it only matters if you're claiming experience in a regulated occupation).

broko85

Jul 3, 2017
Hello i am just jumping into this chain and wanted to ask a question, if my main NOC on my profile is 1111 and i am now getting a job as 0013 chief financial officer (CFO) – financial, communications and other business services. The company is office furniture installations and relocations so in real estate.

My question in my job letter do i need to state the NOC 0013 along with job description and tittle. I will have all the description of this as the CFO role and task are similiar to the task of 1111.

Or do i need to change my past NOC on my profile and primary NOC to 0013 to match the new job offer? I need the 200 points so need to ensure this is done correct the first time.

Thanks anyone for advice.
A

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello i am just jumping into this chain and wanted to ask a question, if my main NOC on my profile is 1111 and i am now getting a job as 0013 chief financial officer (CFO) – financial, communications and other business services. The company is office furniture installations and relocations so in real estate.

My question in my job letter do i need to state the NOC 0013 along with job description and tittle. I will have all the description of this as the CFO role and task are similiar to the task of 1111.

Or do i need to change my past NOC on my profile and primary NOC to 0013 to match the new job offer? I need the 200 points so need to ensure this is done correct the first time.

Thanks anyone for advice.
/QUOTE]

First, CEC is based on past work experience, not present-future. If you haven't done work in NOC 0013 yet, there is no benefit to listing it (get at least a full month of experience in the new job before listing it).

If you have experience in NOC 1111, that is what you will need to prove.

You have to treat different jobs with different NOCs as exactly that - different jobs, even if they are with the same employer.

Under CEC, you can meet the 1 year requirement with a combination of NOCs, so it really does not matter which NOC you list as your primary, as long as you can prove prior experience in that NOC.

RE 200 points - there are a number of criteria to meet for the "valid job offer" points. What kind of work work permit you are on?