+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noc ambiguity

Tofubaby1

Jan 12, 2019
I am confused between two noc's, 4021 & 4011.
I worked as a lecturer in a medical college, affiliated with a university.
I taught undergraduate students only.
I myself hold an m.b.b.s degree and an MSc degree in my field of specialty.
Please guys help me choose my noc.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
4011 requires the following:
Main duties:
Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions
Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students
Direct research programs of graduate students and advise on research matters

Did you do all three? or just teach undergrads?

Were you licensed by your professional body (Medical Association of your country)?
Licences or professional certification may be required for professors teaching future practitioners in certain professionally regulated fields, such as medicine, engineering, architecture, psychology or law

4011 is a far more stringent NOC - you will have to prove that you are equivalent to a university professor.

4021 might be easier to qualify for. College lecturer is specifically mentioned for 4021, whereas 4011 mentions university lecturer and then a long list of professors.

Tofubaby1

Jan 12, 2019
Thankyou for replying.
My job duties were as follows:
1) delivery of lectures and other academic sessions to 3rd year m.b.b.s students.
2). Assistance of undergraduate students in laboratory work.
3). Designing of examination papers for undergraduate students.
4). Marking of examination papers.
5). Conducted departmental research and published a research article in a national journals. (Undergraduate students were not part of research activities, it was only departmental)
I only taught one subject as a lecturer. I did not advise on career matters. Neither was I involved in research activities with them.
In answer to your other question, yes I am licensed with the medical body of my country.
I also thought 4021 would be suitable but on the other hand I was teaching medical students and have a license to do that from the regulatory authority of my foucoun. I do not have a PhD though.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thankyou for replying.
My job duties were as follows:
1) delivery of lectures and other academic sessions to 3rd year m.b.b.s students.
2). Assistance of undergraduate students in laboratory work.
3). Designing of examination papers for undergraduate students.
4). Marking of examination papers.
5). Conducted departmental research and published a research article in a national journals. (Undergraduate students were not part of research activities, it was only departmental)
I only taught one subject as a lecturer. I did not advise on career matters. Neither was I involved in research activities with them.
In answer to your other question, yes I am licensed with the medical body of my country.
I also thought 4021 would be suitable but on the other hand I was teaching medical students and have a license to do that from the regulatory authority of my foucoun. I do not have a PhD though.
To me, it sounds like you definitely qualify under 4021 and you may perhaps qualify under 4011. I would lean towards 4021 but the ultimate decision is yours. Maybe someone else on the forum can chime in.

Tofubaby1

Jan 12, 2019
I have two questions mainly.
Does 4021 include colleges imparting professional education? M.b.b.s is professional education so would those colleges still be included in 4021?
Next the research activities I mentioned was only at departmental level. Will that cause any problem if I choose 4021 because 4021 does not mention any research. Should I exclude the research part to completely qualify for 4021?

Vanessaeko

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
Please I would like to ask your opinion about my job duties and NOC code. I am a Finance and Administrative officer in an Aviation and travel management company which is a subsidiary of an Engineering company group.Please, share with me your opinion and thank you in advance! I am not certain if it's 1114 or 1311 or 1434....or any other

Finance & Administration officer

· Daily accounting and reporting of client transactions and company expenses which include receivables and payables.
· Weekly and monthly preparation of financial report on sales, expenses and other financial activities of both subsidiaries with maintenance of an invoice tracking and ageing schedule to follow up with finished jobs and receivables.
· Monthly compilation and preparation of income statement provided for financial analysis by group accounting department.
· Preparation of reconciliation statements tendered to group Accountant and Chief Financial Officers.
· Preparation of monthly VAT on transactions and commissions to be remitted by group accountant.
· Preparation of customer statement of accounts, bills, invoices and remittance advice for each transaction with reconciliation of expenses to the general ledger.
· Ensure submission of invoices on a timely basis and follow up on invoice payments by calls, emails and regular visits to clients to verify status of delinquent accounts and solicit payments on overdue accounts.
· Drafting of Contract letters for parastatals (government agencies) or regulatory agencies and composing introduction letters for corporate clients.
· Coordination of meetings with business partners or clients for proposals and review of existing contracts.
· End of year preparation of financial summary and participation in end of year cash count with external auditors.
· Processing of Default Insurance Policy for travel subsidiary and aircraft insurance for aviation subsidiary.
· Perform all other activities that are required on a routine or non-routine basis by the Chief Operating Officer of both subsidiaries and the Group Chief Financial Officers.
· Monthly verification of accurate salary staff payment and appropriate staff loan deductions.
· Fraud detection and prevention by audit control of daily performed tasks through billing & settlement software.
· Formulating budgetary allocations and monitoring compliance with budget plans.
· Provide other support services which include advertisement management and website content editing.