+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 7321, need canadian cert. for ontario skilled trades stream?

canppr

Mar 5, 2019
Hi
As the title goes, does anyone know/have experience with, if i need to get a Canadian certification before i can apply for the skilled trades stream as an automotive service technician? I do not entirely understand what they state on the homepage(underlined):

Minimum requirements

To be eligible, you must

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But then further down the page they state this(underlined):

Education
There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, if you want to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool, there are 2 ways you can do this.

• if you went to school in Canada, you can get points for a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian
    • secondary (high school) or
    • post-secondary school
    or

• If you have foreign education, you can get points for
    • a completed foreign credential and
    • an Educational Credential Assessment report from an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
      • post-secondary school
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you guys in advance!

Engineer007

Aug 13, 2019
Hi
As the title goes, does anyone know/have experience with, if i need to get a Canadian certification before i can apply for the skilled trades stream as an automotive service technician? I do not entirely understand what they state on the homepage(underlined):

Minimum requirements

To be eligible, you must

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But then further down the page they state this(underlined):

Education
There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, if you want to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool, there are 2 ways you can do this.

• if you went to school in Canada, you can get points for a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian
    • post-secondary school
    or

• If you have foreign education, you can get points for
    • a completed foreign credential and
    • an Educational Credential Assessment report from an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
      • post-secondary school
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you guys in advance!
Hi tup its compulsory trade. In Ontario so you need a license