+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

noc 6211 AINP help?

Cobraneill

Jun 5, 2020
hey guys. I am currently on an IEC which expires in October and have been working just over 8 months experience in NOC 6211. I'm looking to apply for residency when I become eligible. my hours are full time, but the contract is part time.
located in Calgary, I have completed my GED (my education in the UK couldn't be assessed as my highest is a trade cert) and I'm theorizing I should have 332 points (amended)

once I become eligible I should have around 3 months to get a NOI via the Canadian experience class of the AINP so I can apply for a BOWP. I'm wondering if this is enough time? what can I do to improve my chances of being chosen?

I'm looking to put all of my effort in now to ensure I have the highest chance of success!

Neill

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Im exempt, as mentioned im on an IEC.
An IEC is not included as it is an open work permit so you can’t claim the 50 points. To get the 50 points, it must be employer specific. Other people were asking this week.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

You may be exempt from needing an LMIA for Express Entry if your current temporary job is LMIA-exempt, states a specific employer or employers (for skilled trade jobs, up to two employers can make a job offer), and is: