+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 5251- Athletes

Red_Ranger

May 5, 2019
hey everyone. I had a question about work experience. I also asked this question a while back but couldn't get a definitive answer. So the question is regarding self employed experience. As far as I know you can count foreign self employed experience for FSW. I have been playing poker professionally for 3 years. Professional poker players come under NOC 5251-Athletes. I am really confused as to how to show proof of this experience. I mean I have a tracker that shows all the hands I've playing, amount of time I've played(hours), and my income. However, I keep hearing that you must prove that you perform the main duties listed for the occupation. But are there any exception to this rule? Because I don't it's possible for me to do that, and sadly i can't seem to find any information on this because I believe I am in a very unique situation and can't think of any other profession that will face this problem.
Would really appreciate some input on this, because I think I have a very good chance of getting a high enough score to get an ITA. Been learning french for a few years and will take TEF as soon as possible. Expected score range is 504-516.
P.S Can also show bank statements for proof of income.