+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4214 Early childhood educators and assistants

nikhillsharma

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi Team,

I am Nikhil Sharma, My wilfe would like to apply for Early childhood educators assistants. We have received credential assessment report from WES and all relevant document is all set to go. However, we have score overall 7 bands in IELTS, unfortunately in reading she has score only 5.5.
But she has score good IELTS score in academic over all is 7 and in reading 6.5.
I was thinking to put both the result with the files and later of consideration.

I appreciate if any one can guide me for the same.

Regards,
Nikhil Sharma

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She needs to score a minimum of 6 in each category of a GENERAL IELTS test. If she has scored 5.5 in one category - then her application will be automatically refused. The Academic IELTS results will not be considered.

Reactions: Scorpion80

ssdn gourav

Aug 30, 2014
Hi Nikhil,

Does your wife has a degree in early childhood education (Specifically) as my wife has done B.ED and would like to apply under this category so i am not sure if we can qualify .

Please revert as there is lot of confusion

Many Thanks
Gourav

nikhillsharma

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi Gourav,

Sorry for late response,

We are applying for early child care assistance not as educator. If your wife is applying as educator she needs to have some certification, which she does. sure you can apply for early child care educator.

For more details you can visit the site of NOC list, you will be able to understand all the requirement.

Have you done with the WES credential assessment.

Regards,
Nikhil Sharma

Omarimtiazch

Sep 2, 2014
Gujrat pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 October 2014
Doc's Request.
Documents Sent
Nomination.....
Payment charged 19 Dec
AOR Received.
Got direct MR
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10 Jan 2015
Med's Request
19 Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Insha Allah
Interview........
Insha ALlah Waive
Passport Req..
Insha Allah
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah
LANDED..........
Insha Allah
nikhillsharma said:
Hi Gourav,

Sorry for late response,

We are applying for early child care assistance not as educator. If your wife is applying as educator she needs to have some certification, which she does. sure you can apply for early child care educator.

For more details you can visit the site of NOC list, you will be able to understand all the requirement.

Have you done with the WES credential assessment.
My wife has done M.sc mathematics.. but has been teaching in preschool classes for last 7 years.. should education and experience must b in one field. or not??
Regards,
Nikhil Sharma

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Charged: 7-02-2015
ssdn gourav said:
Hi Nikhil,

Does your wife has a degree in early childhood education (Specifically) as my wife has done B.ED and would like to apply under this category so i am not sure if we can qualify .

Please revert as there is lot of confusion

Many Thanks
Gourav
According to cic website,these are the requirements:

Early childhood educators

Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education
or
A bachelor's degree in child development is required.

Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) is usually required.

Early childhood educator assistants

Completion of secondary school is required.

Experience in child care is required.

Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education may be required.

Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) may be required.

If your wife's B.Ed is in Child development or Early childhood education,she can apply as an Early Childhood Educator.

nikhillsharma

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi Gourav,

Great, Mine WES is also done.

For an educator main application must be B.ED and for assistance "Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) may be required."
But if you have done master in Art they will consider for the same. However my wife has done Post Graduate Diploma Program in Progressive Education in Primary Years.

Gourav, have your done with IELTS ?

Regards,
Nikhil Sharma

simritk34

Sep 12, 2014
Hello friends,
I have a question. My sister did Bachelor of Arts ( B.A.) and after that she worked as nursery teacher or preschool teacher for 6 years . Also she did 1 year course in NTT AND got certificate in Nursery teacher training as well. So can she apply under early childhood educator or assistant. What documents she has to send to WES for evaluation. I really appreciate your help.

simritk34

Sep 12, 2014

or

Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) is usually required.

Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education may be required.

Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) may be required.

Hi friend ,
where did you find this information on cic. Can you please send me the link.Thanks

pfintl

Aug 18, 2014
Hi all

my wife did

Master in English Literature

Bachelor in Education

Master in teaching education

Master i HRM

Teaching students age 3 to 12 years in a school for 6 years ,but we do not have any ECE certificate specifically ,how can we apply under 4214 plz guide?

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
simritk34 said:

or

Hi friend ,
where did you find this information on cic. Can you please send me the link.Thanks
i am unable to post links.You can Google "national occupational classification list canada 2014".

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
pfintl said:
Hi all

my wife did

Master in English Literature

Bachelor in Education

Master in teaching education

Master i HRM

Teaching students age 3 to 12 years in a school for 6 years ,but we do not have any ECE certificate specifically ,how can we apply under 4214 plz guide?
After doing wes assessment,she should be able to apply as an Educator.The main thing are her job duties,if they match with that of an educator,then she is good to go.
Here are the duties of educators and assistants:

Early childhood educators perform some or all of the following duties:

Develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the development of children
Lead children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials and demonstrating their use, providing opportunities for creative expression through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical fitness, and taking the children to local points of interest
Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
Observe children for signs of learning disabilities or emotional problems and take appropriate action
Assess the skills, abilities, interests and needs of children
Discuss progress or problems of children with parents and other staff members
Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with other community service providers working with children
Attend meetings and workshops to develop and discuss new teaching methods
May plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
May supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.

Early childhood educator assistants perform some or all of the following duties:

Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
Lead children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing craft materials
Prepare and serve snacks
Arrange rooms and furniture for lunch and rest periods
Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
Submit written observations on children to supervisor
Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
Assist supervisor in keeping records
Maintain day-care equipment and assist in housekeeping duties.

sheena1983

Star Member
Nov 8, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER 03-03-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app.
File Transfer...
16-04-2015 (SLU 22-05-2015)
Med's Request
06-08-2015 (meds + RPRF)
Med's Done....
12-08-2015(No TLU yet)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
07/10/2015 - eeehaaaaa
LANDED..........
planning planning n lots of planning going on
I have one query - i did not gave it a thot earlier....i am ready with my docs....only thing is that my graduation, which is in Bsc Physics. I got total 4 years of experience in preschool teaching.......

after checking out this forum - i think my application will get rejected because of my education.......

anyone who can comment on my situation....