AOR Received.
25 MAY 2011,2nd AOR- 2 JULY 2011
Med's Request
18-jan-2012
Passport Req..
18-jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-FEB-2012
I am from kerala,INDIA.my app.filed on 22 nov 2010.BD encashed on 26 nov 2010.please update ur latest informations.vey thankful to u for creating this thread.

papoo

Mar 20, 2011
Dear 2Future
I am also applying as psychologist and from Pakistan. Could you all share your experience and clarify if applicants with Masters degree are eligible
Thanks

rfpa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
25/05/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
20/06/2011
Med's Done....
06/07/2011
Passport Req..
12/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/11/2011
LANDED..........
In June 28, 2012
Hi there!

Any news? I'm getting worried because I haven't received my PER yet and my app was received on November 22 and the money encashed the next day.

Regards

Ricardo Almeida
Portugal

S

shibuya

Excellent job prospects for Psychologists in Canada!!!

Psychologists are running a nation-wide high demand in Canada. Psychology is a versatile subject where psychologists study behavioral problems as well as cognitive disorders. They counsel clients as well as engage in research.

Provinces across Canada are facing an acute shortage of these professionals:

British Columbia: Areas like Lower Mainland and Vancouver seem very promising. Professionals specializing in Neuropsychology and Forensic psychology are greatly desired by employers. Those who wish to privately practice can also do really well.

Saskatchewan: The prospects in this province are good.

Ontario: The prospects in this province are very tempting. The ones having doctoral degree in Health and Social Psychology can do really well here. There are great opportunities for research activities here.

Nova Scotia: Areas like Halifax and Cape Breton are hubs for Psychologists in this province.

Prince Edward Island: There is a critical shortage of Psychologists in this province. More than half of the vacancies for Psychologists are waiting to be filled.

The various specializations under psychologists

•Clinical Psychologist
•Experimental Psychologist
•Psychological associate
•Psychologist
•Research Psychologist
The minimum requirements to be a Psychologist in Canada

•Doctorate in Psychology is required to be designated as a “Psychologist” in Ontario, British Columbia, Manitoba.
•Master’s in Psychology is required to be designated as “Psychologist” in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Nunavut and other North West territories
•Membership in professional associations is a must in some provinces
•Successful completion of written Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP) is a must in certain provinces
•Registration with a provincial regulatory body is a must
•Supervised practical experience is a must before you practice
As Psychologists you can work here:

•Correctional facilities
•Clinics
•Hospitals
•Rehabilitation centers
•Community service organizations
•Schools
•Universities
•Private and government research agencies
•Mental health facilities
Or you can choose to

•Privately practice
The compensation for psychologists in Canada

You can earn up to CDN$51 on an hourly basis as a Psychologist in Canada.

rfpa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
25/05/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
20/06/2011
Med's Done....
06/07/2011
Passport Req..
12/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/11/2011
LANDED..........
In June 28, 2012
Thank you, shibuya.

Great news! :)

binbin

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 nov 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
18-jan-2012
Passport Req..
18-jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-FEB-2012
dear friend,
me also in the same boat.my app.receceived on cio on 22 novand my bd encashed on 26 nov.i dont knw wht is the next step.i am worried.please update your status.thank you.

rfpa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
25/05/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
20/06/2011
Med's Done....
06/07/2011
Passport Req..
12/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/11/2011
LANDED..........
In June 28, 2012
How I understand your feelings! I'm feeling worry and anxiety! Have you contacted CIO? I've done it for the 2nd time a couple of days ago. I hope that they can shed some light into this situation...

I will post any news that I get.

Think positive!

All of luck!

binbin

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 nov 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
18-jan-2012
Passport Req..
18-jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-FEB-2012
no i did not contact cio coz my agent told me that it is not safe to contact them.what they said when u contact them?i read[disscussion forum] that it takes 33wks. so we hav to wait................................

rfpa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
25/05/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
20/06/2011
Med's Done....
06/07/2011
Passport Req..
12/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/11/2011
LANDED..........
In June 28, 2012
They told me that my process is waiting review by an officer. The same answer after my second enquire.

Any news on your side?

binbin

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 nov 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
18-jan-2012
Passport Req..
18-jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-FEB-2012
rfpa said:
They told me that my process is waiting review by an officer. The same answer after my second enquire.

Any news on your side?
no news dear..waiting wating....

rfpa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
25/05/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
20/06/2011
Med's Done....
06/07/2011
Passport Req..
12/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/11/2011
LANDED..........
In June 28, 2012
Any news here?

semi

Jan 14, 2012
hi friends..i have not sent my application yet .. i am applying for alberta..is it a good destination for psychologist?

kalikaey

Aug 19, 2010
semi said:
hi friends..i have not sent my application yet .. i am applying for alberta..is it a good destination for psychologist?

Hope this helps......

In order to become registered as a Psychologist in Alberta and use the title of "Psychologist", you are required to complete the registration process below. Once you are fully registered with the College, you are authorized to use title in Alberta. If you do not want to use the title of "Psychologist", you may still practice within the scope of psychology in Alberta as we do not restrict the scope of practice. However, we do have a mandatory registration clause which states that anyone who meets the academic requirements for registration as a psychologist in Alberta, should apply and get registered with the College.

As you are currently registered as a Psychologist in India, you may apply for Courtesy Registration in Alberta which allows you to practice and use title as a Psychologist for a period of 1 year. Most foreign-trained psychologists apply for this while working on completing the registration process as outlined below. I have attached the application for Courtesy Registration to this email.

Your first step in the registration process is to have your academic credentials evaluated by the College. You are required to obtain a "Specialized" coursework assessment from "International Qualifications Assessment Service" (IQAS). They will compare the degree(s) you have earned to Canadian standards. They will also show the number of credits earned for each course taken in your degree(s). This is particularly important as we evaluate on a credit system. Their website is: http://employment.alberta.ca/immigration/4512.html. They encourage all applicants to complete their online application.

Once the assessment has been done, your next step is to apply for an evaluation of your academic credentials with the College. You are required to fill out the application form for evaluation of academic credentials (enclosed) and submit your original official transcripts (if official transcripts are not in English, they must be translated by a certified translator and notarized) along with your original IQAS assessment and any other supporting documentation you feel will be helpful to the adjudicating body in reviewing your application. If your academic institution is unable to send us the official transcripts directly, you may have copies of the transcripts you provided to IQAS notarized and you may provide these notarized copies instead. As you are from an institution outside of North America, I strongly recommend providing as much information on the coursework taken within your degree(s) as possible (making sure all documentation submitted is original and official). I have also enclosed the credential criteria which will be used in assessing your credentials. You will need to refer to this document when completing your application form.

Once your academic credentials are approved, you may proceed to the next step in the registration process. If you are currently registered with a regulatory/licensing body for Psychologists in India and you have been working independently as a Psychologist for a minimum of 2 years during the previous 5 years, you may be eligible to apply for registration as psychologist through the registered elsewhere application. The only requirement this application eliminates is the 1600 hours of supervised practice requirement. We still require a successful pass of both the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP) and the Oral Examination. Once your application has been approved by the Registration Approvals Sub-Committee of the College, you will have 1 year to meet the examination requirements. Further information on this fast-tracking mechanism can be found on our website under "Fast-Tracking Applicants" or by contacting the Registration Coordinator, Leanne Vanderhelm by e-mail at l.vanderhelm@cap.ab.ca. Please note that you cannot apply for this until your academic credentials are approved.

If you do not meet the requirements for the registered elsewhere application, you will need to apply for Registration as a Provisional Psychologist, complete 1600 hours of supervised practice, the EPPP exam (written exam), and the oral examination. You can apply for registration as a provisional psychologist once your academic credentials are approved.

I highly recommend you review the "Information for Applicants Handbook" (enclosed) as it details the process and requirements for you step by step. I have also enclosed the document titled "Information for International Applicants." The FAQ's on our website are also a useful source of information.

I have attached a few documents to get you started. As of April 1, 2012, the fees will be changing which is why I have enclosed 2 versions of some of the documents. If you apply for your academic credentials for the meeting in June, 2012, you will be required to pay the new fee. If you apply for Courtesy Registration after April 1, 2012, you will be required to pay the new fee as well.

Please note that I am unable to answer any questions with respect to filling out your application form or whether your degree(s) or courses will meet the academic requirements as this decision is made the time of the formal evaluation by the Credentials Evaluation Sub-Committee (CESC).

If you have further questions, please contact me by email.

Shenade Finnestad, B.Mgt