+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4012 - Research/Teaching Assistant questions

mandy15leo

Mar 11, 2019
Hi All,

I am a recent Masters Graduate from a reputed Canadian university. The only paid work that I have done so far was as a Masters student at the Canadian university. I have worked in the lab on my masters project full-time (40hrs/week) for more than 2 years, and was paid by my supervisor (stipend). Can I use this as work experience and claim the 15 points towards my eligibility for the FSW program? If my supervisor is unwilling to provide me with a work experience letter detailing the above, who else can I get the letter from? Any suggestions and recommendations will be appreciated
[/QUOT
Hi All,

I am a recent Masters Graduate from a reputed Canadian university. The only paid work that I have done so far was as a Masters student at the Canadian university. I have worked in the lab on my masters project full-time (40hrs/week) for more than 2 years, and was paid by my supervisor (stipend). Can I use this as work experience and claim the 15 points towards my eligibility for the FSW program? If my supervisor is unwilling to provide me with a work experience letter detailing the above, who else can I get the letter from? Any suggestions and recommendations will be appreciated
Hi
you can get letter from Head of department. are you applying under CEC or FSW?

chetan16

Aug 30, 2015
Hi all,
I ahve two questions:

1. I am currently doing my PhD from Canada. During my bachelors degree, I have worked as research assistant for 4 years (20hrs/week). After that, I worked full time (40hrs/week) again as RA for one full year. I have certification from my employer/supervisor justifying the same. Will that be sufficient for claiming 2 years of work experience.
2. Currently, I am working on my PhD in Canada and working as RA (full time) for last 18 months. Can I use this Canadian experience to add to the above mentioned international work experience.

Thanks in advance for your help

umerudel

Jun 26, 2020
Hi all,

I need help. I am about to graduate from a US university in fall 2020 with a MS. My MS is in physics. When I graduate this fall 2020 I will have 4.5 years of mixed RA/TA work experience which is 20 hours/week.

1. Is it equivalent to 3 years of full time work experience?

2. I have missed only one month in these 4.5 years when I went back home so I didn't get paid for that Month. That was January 2019. Will that be a problem? I did double TA in January 2020 though and got paid double amount.

3. What NOC should I apply through? My major is Physics. I looked up and found it's NOC 2111 (physicists and astronomers). But I looked at all the questions about and people in this category apply through NOC 4012. I am confused, should I apply through NOC 2111 or NOC 4012?

4. If anyone has gotten PR through TA/RA work experience, can they let me know what documents I need from my university to show as proof?

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Is it considered a Canadian work experience or Foreign work experience? Thanks
This work experience only gives you Eligibility. There is no point for NOC 4012 work if it's Canada during study permit period. It''s considered foreign work as I got ITA for FSW

nkuzibe

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Good day house!
Please which NOC category does this job title fall under? "Commercial and Contracts Lead". It is a managerial position.

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards,
Nke.

shl111

Dec 25, 2020
All RA experience counts provided its post bachelors degree.

I have successfully claimed PPR using RA experience under NOC 4012

My 2 years RA in masters program counted to 1.3 years equivalent due to 20 hrs/week and this was back in INDIA.

I have 4 years RA experience in USA under NOC 4012 and same duties during PhD program so that counted to 2.6 years.

These work experiences totaled to more than 3 years which i claimed for PPR.

So yes RA/TA experience counts under NOC 4012 for FSW points but for CEC, unfortunately you cant use RA/TA while studying in CANADA.
Mohit, which documents you presented as a proof to claim TA for masters done in India?

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
This work experience only gives you Eligibility. There is no point for NOC 4012 work if it's Canada during study permit period. It''s considered foreign work as I got ITA for FSW
so how to answer the question : do you have canadian work experience for the pas 3y? when being TA of a Canadian Uni applying through FSW??????