+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4011-FSW

Mar 15, 2016
caleb20001 said:
Hello Everybody,

My question is with regards to the NOC 4011 which is for "University Lecturers". Reading its description from the NOC website, one thing stands out and that the individual or applicant should be working in a university. It would seem that in Canada, they have sharp distinction between "colleges" and "universities". In other countries that distinction is not that big. Colleges do confer bachelor and post-graduate degrees and professors conduct researches for their personal development. My question is this now, what if there is an applicant who are doing almost all the jobs and responsibilities stated in NOC 4011 but are working in a "college" or an institution which is not classified as university? Will he or she be disqualified in the purview of NOC 4011? Under classified elsewhere, there is an NOC 4021 which is for "college" professors. This NOC seems to be a step lower in terms of qualification compared to NOC 4011 but again it does not answer the situation where a professor with high credentials comparable to the so called "university" professor and yet is working in the colleges.

@Caleb20001 I am trying to send you a message to your inbox however it is bouncing back!

I hope someone could provide some clarification on this matter.