Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@9j,
BTW... i was just wondering.. apart frm the context of canadian healthcare dt u were asked to fulfil d requirement
Did alliance ask u to do any other course.?
It looks like u were able 2 register 4 d xam quickly.... which school did u finish frm?

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
yejydo said:
@ 9j,
BTW... i was just wondering.. apart frm the context of canadian healthcare dt u were asked to fulfil d requirement
Did alliance ask u to do any other course.?
It looks like u were able 2 register 4 d xam quickly.... which school did u finish frm?
No, I didn't have to do any other course thankfully. I also submitted documents from the masters programme from my current country of residence as part of the credentialing process, which I think helped. I completed my first degree in PT from UI.
9j

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
9jcanada said:
No, I didn't have to do any other course thankfully. I also submitted documents from the masters programme from my current country of residence as part of the credentialing process, which I think helped. I completed my first degree in PT from UI.
9j
i see...
Are u in d uk?
I m just trying to predict wat my alliance result will look like
i sent them a mail recently and was told my assessment will be ready in few months frm nw!

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
yejydo said:
i see...
Are u in d uk?
I m just trying to predict wat my alliance result will look like
i sent them a mail recently and was told my assessment will be ready in few months frm nw!
Ireland. If you know anyone from your school who completed the credentialing recently, you can check with them, that might give you some insight. Generally most PT programs from Nigeria don't have major issues may be one or two areas to cover at most barring any confusion with the documents submitted to the Alliance.

9j

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
9jcanada said:
Ireland. If you know anyone from your school who completed the credentialing recently, you can check with them, that might give you some insight. Generally most PT programs from Nigeria don't have major issues may be one or two areas to cover at most barring any confusion with the documents submitted to the Alliance.

9j
Oh lucky you!!

Frm my online status, my file is a non precedent one so.,... obviously.. no one did!
Thanks all the same.
BTW.. wat books ar u reading for the exam?

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
yejydo said:
Oh lucky you!!

Frm my online status, my file is a non precedent one so.,... obviously.. no one did!
Thanks all the same.
BTW.. wat books ar u reading for the exam?
I was categorized as non-precedent too despite that a few of my classmate had completed the credentialing about a year before me. I think it has to do with the credentialing standard in use by the Alliance at the time of one's application.

Re books: O'Sullivan's NPTE exam Prep book http://www.therapyed.com/ and Score Builders http://www.scorebuilders.com/ are good for exam oriented studies and strategies. Particularly for the written exams.

For general PT Knowledge and reference: http://www.amazon.com/Physical-Rehabilitation-OSullivan/dp/0803612478 and http://www.amazon.com/Therapeutic-Exercise-Foundations-Techniques-5th/dp/0803615841/ref=pd_sim_b_1/175-5466639-0722145

Hope this helps.

9j

4can

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 february 2010
Doc's Request.
25 march 2010
AOR Received.
30 July 2010
IELTS Request
Inprocess since 15 march 2012
File Transfer...
Wait letter- 23 march 2012
Med's Request
26 feb 2013
Med's Done....
18 march 2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
Hi 9j,
My CO hasn't returned to office yet I guess. Another person send me a email extending my deadline.
She advised me not to do the self study module but directly apply for the PLAR program as that is more suitable for me.

Certain subjects which they are showing less credits are already covered in my UG program. U know nyone who have done the PLAR? Want to know how its done. Online courses? Or study material by post?
N how much time on an average.

4can

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
4can said:
Hi 9j,
My CO hasn't returned to office yet I guess. Another person send me a email extending my deadline.
She advised me not to do the self study module but directly apply for the PLAR program as that is more suitable for me.

Certain subjects which they are showing less credits are already covered in my UG program. U know nyone who have done the PLAR? Want to know how its done. Online courses? Or study material by post?
N how much time on an average.

4can

I'll advice that you wait till your CO comes back and you can have a chat with her before you send in your PLAR form. They might be able to advice you on the best course of action to suit your situation.

One other good thing about the PLAR process: sometimes you may have the option of submitting documentary evidence if you have post qualification work experience in the deficient areas. If this is accepted, you may not need to complete any course work. For example if you had worked in a geriatric unit or paediatric unit since graduation, you and your supervisor may provide documentary evidence of this and if accepted, there will be no need to do any course on that area. However you will need to apply for PLAR and indicate your intention to take this option before such evidence can be accepted for evaluation.

If you however decide to enrol for courses to fulfil your deficiencies, the Alliance will send you a list of institutions offering the different modules and their contact details only after you have sent in your PLAR form and fee and not before. You will need to pay the applicable fee to the college/institutions offering the courses. Note that the Alliance does not run these courses. The Alliance will provide you only with the details of the institution running these courses and you will have to contact them yourself.The duration, mode of delivery and evaluation of each course may vary from one institution to another, so chose wisely. You may not have that many options to chose from with some modules. Once you have made up your mind how and which of the institution you will like to complete the module, you will need to send in the PLAR agreement letter to the Alliance. Note that this is different from your PLAR application form. This will include a breakdown of how you intend to complete each area of deficiency and if you chose to do a course, the name of the institution you intend to complete the course.

In my personal opinion, the fastest and the easiest way to complete the PLAR process is to submit evidence of post qualification work experience in the relevant areas if applicable. It saves time and money. In your case, you are missing Pediatrics and Geriatric Rehab. If you can prepare a portfolio to indicate that you have practised in these areas after your PT studies and can get verifiable references from your supervisors/employers in each of the areas. you'll be fine. Trust me you will be saving yourself up to a year.

9j

Temi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/02/2012
AOR Received.
21/03/2012
Med's Request
30/01/2014
Med's Done....
7/02/2014
Interview........
13th May 2014
Passport Req..
13th May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
13th May 2014
@9j..it is nice feeling you again on the forum. I thought you hqve landed already but it like may not move till Aug.Congrats on your visa once again.
Your efforts towards educating naija PTs and other PTs around the world is commendable.

@yejydo...congrats on your MR and hope accra would deleiver your PPR soonest.We likely shared same timeline with the AlliancePT.My CO promised my result will be ready by sept.Yes I was also categorised as non-precedent case which I queried b/c 4 couleaque of mine have successfully had their credentialing done .My CO replied that all cases from Nigeria are classified as non-precedent due our curriculum complexity.I am from OAU. Are u also from UI liike 9j?

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Temi said:
@ 9j..it is nice feeling you again on the forum. I thought you hqve landed already but it like may not move till Aug.Congrats on your visa once again.
Your efforts towards educating naija PTs and other PTs around the world is commendable.

@ yejydo...congrats on your MR and hope accra would deleiver your PPR soonest.We likely shared same timeline with the AlliancePT.My CO promised my result will be ready by sept.Yes I was also categorised as non-precedent case which I queried b/c 4 couleaque of mine have successfully had their credentialing done .My CO replied that all cases from Nigeria are classified as non-precedent due our curriculum complexity.I am from OAU. Are u also from UI liike 9j?
Yes o ....Its like 9j is turning quorax of this physio thread! its commendable and wish u d best as u preare to land and in ur xams altogeda.

@temi..im frm OAU too... and hw far wit ur immigration.. ? where are u planning to land/?

Temi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/02/2012
AOR Received.
21/03/2012
Med's Request
30/01/2014
Med's Done....
7/02/2014
Interview........
13th May 2014
Passport Req..
13th May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
13th May 2014
@yejdo.
Its great meeting a Great Ife on the forum.Yes I am patiently awaiting my MR. My application fell within MI 3 because I applied last year Nov.You guys are our senior on Canada immigration palava.I hope to land in BC by God's divine speed.
With your MR already done and with the current speed of AVO your PPR shall come in matter of days.Where is your POE?

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@temi
Yes i m awaiting ppr o.
I hope to land in BC too
Hope we ll meet someday
All d best and God s speed wit ur immigration applications

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
@9j..thx 4d info abt books 2read.hope u r set 2 storm Alberta in full force...plus wil d time difference allow u 4low ur boys well?
@Temi sent u a PM sum tym bk..coo 2c u on d forum
@Yejydo..fellow vancouverite...thx 4d last PM..

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bugslife said:
Hi hotheart,

If you want to prepare for NPTE from here at this moment not strictly needed, you can start after your medicals or after 2nd AOR. Preparation is needed before taking the exam.. Coz as of now your are waiting for your AOR. I advise you to startup with Sullivan Rehab book and basic PT books [most part of the exam covered by basics to be frank]. The imp' book is 'BLUE BOOK'.

-BugsLife
Which one is this BLUE BOOK? :eek: :eek: ??? ???

...and is this really talking abt NPTE or PCE?